SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Hurricane Irene

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Hurricane Irene

I am posting because I am completely terrified right now. I live in CT. and they are now saying this hurricane is possibly going to be a direct hit for this area. I know I need to keep my focus on the Lord please pray for me to do so. There are so many here that could be affected and I want to be strong in the Lord but right now I am just filled with such fear. I miss where I use to live, the weather was predictable and I for the most part always felt safe. I am so ashamed of myself for being so fearful about all of this. Please please pray if you feel led to that God would be with us through these coming days, that HE would guide us in what to do and that I would not feel so completely alone.

Thank you all I really have no one else to come to with this request but to all of you here.

God Bless
maryjane

2011/8/25 7:48Profile
browny

Re: Hurricane Irene

Dear MaryJane,
Will start right now to pray for you!
If possible. Keep us update how things are going with you there. and ASK for ALL the prayer you need. There are Brothers and sisters who care for you and know how to pray for you.
Shalom
browny.

2011/8/25 8:06Profile
mguldner

Kansas

I don't remember the bible saying anything about judging your fear sister but to build you up and encourage you in Christ Jesus. :) Praying for sure, I live in Kansas and I have never been in any other type of weather other than tornados but those are like second nature to me now. I most definitely would be scare to being I have never been in one before.

2011/8/25 8:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

MaryJane,

We have had numerous hurricanes in the past. Although we live two hundred miles inland, we still had sustained winds of 65 MPH and they can be destructive.

Here are some practical suggestions:

1. If you live close to the ocean, leave. When hurricanes threaten the MS Gulf coast, all motel rooms in the state get filled up with evacuees.

2. If you choose to stay, make sure you have lots (and I mean LOTS) of water. Fill containers with it, your bathtub, get a barrel and fill it if you can. It is utter foolishness to know a hurricane is coming but then fail to make this provision for yourself.

3. Get all your laundry done up ahead of time.

4. Make sure you have plenty of batteries and lanterns operated by batteries to provide you with light.

5. Make provision for maintaining your food that requires cold temps.

6. Board up your windows.

7. Get games around that will keep your family occupied while the wind is howling.

8. Electricity will go off, so be prepared to live without it and make preparations to do so. Get a camp stove to assist in your cooking if you expect to be out of power for a long period of time.

9. Make sure you have food on hand that can be prepared without heat. Think camping in the wilds.

10. If you have large trees close by your house, move out.

11. And do not fear. Be sensible. The people who die are the ones that do foolish things - as a rule.

12. Have the entire family involved in making preparations to deal with it. Don't be paranoid, don't panic but be sensible - like do not go outside while the wind is howling. The wind can be fierce and send a projectile your way and hit you, killing you.

13. With all this, pray. Asking God to give you wisdom as you make preparations. Just do not fear.

God bless and will keep you in our prayers...

ginnyrose

2011/8/25 9:03Profile
browny

He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:29-31 esv)
Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10 nkjv)

2011/8/25 9:07Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Ginny, that's some great advise, and as another person that lives within 50 miles of the coast, I have been through many of them, even Carla back in the 60's, as you said you can't be to prepared.

2011/8/25 9:12Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you all so very much for your prayers and encouragement. Its been hard moving clear across country and still not having really been able to find a fellowship to meet with. I am doing better now, I have stepped away from the weather reports for awhile and just following your advice ginnyrose and getting things done and praying, talking with JESUS. I live about 60 miles from Long Island Sound, I am in Enfield CT that is more inland. The real struggle for me is just there is so much unknown and not having any brothers or sisters to be with and share with. I do repent of this fear and worry and I do ask Jesus to strengthen me that I might be of use to HIM.

Thank you so very much words can not express what this has meant to me this morning knowing you who are in Christ having been praying for me!

with much love for you all
mj

2011/8/25 10:42Profile
Nellie

Re:

Mary Jane,
May Jesus hold you in His arms of Love, and give you His Peace.
He has promised never to leave you nor forsake you.
Heb13:5 {Paraphased}
Nellie

2011/8/25 12:25Profile
Creation7

Praying for you.

Ps 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Ps 46:2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Ps 46:3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

2011/8/25 15:16Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Maryjane

Do you live near the coast? If so you probably need to go further inland. Get yourself batteries from a radio as well as water and some non perishable food. You want to be able to have a supple of foods for at least a week because you don't know how much damage it will do. Use common sense with this storm.

I live in Central Florida and back in 2004 we had 3 hurricanes move through here. luckily we only lost power for 12 hours but we had a food supply and I had batteries. Then if and when the power does go out you can sing songs to God to take your mind off of the storm and use the time just to pray.

Let's be practical with this storm and not so superspiritual with it. There is a time and a place for everything.

2011/8/25 15:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy