Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
Amazing how deceived people can be, but I guess it’s just like pro-wrestling."

Far from pro-wrestling these guys that are faith healers, and whatever else you want to call them are killing people in a literal sense by way of false hope.

There are reports of people with ver serious illnesses that go to these guys and give them their money for a "healing" and once they have it they stop all doctor visits, mediacation and in the end any kind of treatment that would either get rid of the disease or prolong their exisitance to a fully extent.

But we got our "Todd Bentley" with "medical evidence" these people are being healed, unfortunately NOT ONE confirmed by an actual doctor nor does bentley care to check the progress of people he has healed.

One individual put it quite well, If these guys truly can heal and have this anointing then they should be in the hospitals touching the sick and healing them. Why don't they? Ah they are exposed they need the emotion of the atmosphere, they need that "spirit moving" place, its so soulish it could make you sick really.

Pharisees would be put to shame in comparison to these individuals acting skills and their ability to swindle money out of little old ladies.

2011/8/26 6:58Profile

Re:

Now imagine Benny Hinn, Todd Bentley, Rick Joyner, Bob Jones sitting around with their close friends telling tales of how they fooled the christian community. I can picture this now thanks to Marjoe.

I can picture Bentley saying.

"Yeah, those stupid idiots. I was caught committing adultery with my new, young, hot girlfriend and not only did they forgive me, I didn't have to go back to my wife,YES!!

I got to ditch the kids, got to marry the hottie, and was forgiven. Can you believe that? what a bunch of idiots.

Repentance? lol, what's that? That's so old covenant, you don't need repentance when you have Rick Joyner, manifestations and fresh fire.

God is doing a new thing? lol I can't keep a straight face while saying that anymore. I can't believe the people buy the "new thing crap" When did the bible ever change in the last 10-20 years? How can there be a "new thing"? bunch of idiots...*shaking his head*

Hold on, hold on.... I thought I heard Emma calling, oh wait never mind.

And get this, the best part is I GOT MY MINISTRY BACK.

I did a bs repentance/counseling under Rick Joyner thing for a couple of months which was only for the cameras and I AM BACK.

Omg, I'm getting my new hot wife to testify about elephants and Oral Roberts tonight, lol. I wanted to choose tigers but the elephants are being ignored in prophecies and I don't want them to feel left out. Elephants have feelings too. These idiots will believe anything but who cares I'm making bank!"

2011/8/26 17:49
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I googled 'Marjoe' and found these videos.

I had never heard of him before but after seeing the first two and into the third, I felt sick. So sad. So tragic. Lord have mercy!

Yet, who enabled these people to persist in their deception? It was the people in the pews. They were the ones who willingly financed this deception...

When will people ever learn?

It is no wonder the atheists make fun of Christians. If I wouldn't know better, I would, too.

Poor guy...

2011/8/26 19:21Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I read this in Matthew 24 today in my daily reading,

Matthew 24:24"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect."

Perhaps this is what the Lord was speaking about?

2011/8/27 1:08Profile

Re:

Funny thing, I just found that verse for the first time this week also. It seems that the main vice for the false prophets and teachers would be though "great signs and wonders" I'm researching this because I have a friend and I'm afraid he is going off the deep end and there is just too much emphasis on signs and wonders, etc in his life right now, although he will deny it and say it's all about love.

2011/8/27 1:39
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

It's always out of love eh? Why do people believe they can provide something only the Lord can provide? One of the greatest problems with these false prophets is the fact that they are using the name of the Lord in a false manner. So when Joe Schmoe doesn't actually get healed its not the false prophet he blames but the Lord Jesus Christ.

2011/8/27 1:59Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Although there are those who intentionally deceive and have corrupt hearts, others are simply misguided.

Some will fake healings and miracles; others are just presumptuous.

In John 5:1-15, notice that Jesus goes to a place that is filled with disabled people, but doesn't heal everyone... He only heals ONE MAN, and then slips away into the crowd. (That's not the only time that crowds are looking for Jesus, but He deliberately remains low profile...)

When I hear people give blanket statements like, "You are healed!" to a big crowd, there are only two options: either they are intentionally deceitful, or just deceived themselves. Don't get me wrong, I believe in divine healing and miracles. I have been divinely healed more than once myself (including my mind and my body). However, everything God does is for His glory and according to His purpose. It's not like you can just claim anything for your own comfort or pleasure... Moreover, often we in the West are just plain full of ourselves, and God uses illness to humble us and teach us His way. Being stripped of our health may be the greatest blessing God could give us! It may just lead to true healing of the heart and soul!

I saw a man give a message to a big crowd, but then, it seemed like he wasn't satisfied with leaving the stage without something more... So, he said that he felt God wanted to heal the people in the crowd. So, after stirring them up, he asked them to lift up their hands if they felt they had been healed. Of course, a bunch of people did so, probably by the enthusiasm of the moment. However, in time, many of these people will find out that their illness or injury is still lingering... perhaps even worse now that they were careless for a period. Is it because they lack faith? No. It's just because God wasn't in this.

So, what is the point? The best remedy is a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures, spiritual discernment, and a genuine submission to the will of God. That way, people will not be deceived by the wolves, or misguided by those who don't know any better.

Praise God for His patience towards His children! Those sheep that are truly His own, He will make sure that they are looked after. (John 10) Otherwise, we would be dead meat already.

In Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/8/27 3:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy