Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Marjoe

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Marjoe

This is the name of a man that since he was a boy his parents trained him to an evangelist that swindled money from Christians. He later made a documentary followed by cameras to expose the extremity of it all by going swindling more people out of money.

It can be found on youtube and it is very sobering and heart breaking to watch. But I am curious has anyone else ever watched this documentary or know about Marjoe?

2011/8/21 6:25Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Marjoe

Yeah, I watched it once...it was deeply disturbing on the one hand, and yet I appreciated his honesty to document it anyway.

2011/8/21 11:26Profile

I feel sorry for Marjoe. First of all what a name to give a child. His childhood ministry was all about his Mother and Dad. They exploited their son, they taught him how to be theatrical. He saw how the people could be swayed by the wave of the hand, and he could tell them anything and most of them would say amen, not even knowing what they amened. What his parents did to him,, he did to the people,, he used them to make his film. That doesn't make it right, but he was already damaged goods. God is the only one who'll know the outcome of this once man of God.

2011/8/21 12:07
TrueWitness

Re:

I remember Marjoe from that movie. A complete fraud who fooled people into thinking he was full of the Holy Ghost by giving a very dramatic and emotional delivery style with lots of physical and body gestures. He had altar calls where drug addicts left their drugs at the altar and Marjoe admitted that after the service he would consume the drugs. And to think of all the unbelievers who saw Marjoe as a typical Christian evangelist. He brought many to blaspheme God because of his hypocrisy. Pray that he repents and turns to Christ.

2011/8/21 14:16Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I actually had someone give me this video so I watched it. I like the honestly he presents in this and I really think more of the church should be exposed to this just so that their discernment is taken to a higher level. Too many people do get swindled in the church just because someone seems to preach the Word and put their trust in people such as he is.

I also saw the story of a little boy in Mississippi who is preaching up a storm as well. For a little guy he seems to know something but he preaches in a style of an old time pentecostal preacher which becomes very predictable. He has hypnotized his dad's church because he has a certain ability to preach for his age.

2011/8/21 16:59Profile
mguldner

Kansas

I watched this documentary the other day and if I had to give it a name it would have to be "Religion: Caught with its pants down" Seriously I don't know what happened to any of the actual preachers that were video tapped if they continued in ministry after people saw their greed and two facedness but seriously a shame to the Cross of Christ as we still see today.

Watching the documentary though I felt in my heart the urge to fight even more against the Love of Money in me that I wouldn't be a showsmen but a servant of the Most High God.

2011/8/22 1:03Profile

Re:

This is a great documentary for one reason. It makes false preaching obvious. I'm sure God is using it for good now.

99% of these miracle healers are fake. And most of them still use the same tactics displayed in this documentary.

Now we know for a fact that there are many phonies out there and this documentary will help us to spot the false prophets in the times to come.

My heart does go out for all those who were deceived by these preachers.

2011/8/22 20:25
Creation7

This documentary is a glaring example of the difference between religion and Christianity. It is so sad, disgusting, heartbreaking and eye-opening at the same time. Lord, deliver us from religion! Did he ever get genuinely converted since then?

2011/8/25 14:36Profile

Re:

Quote:
I watched this documentary the other day and if I had to give it a name it would have to be "Religion: Caught with its pants down" Seriously I don't know what happened to any of the actual preachers that were video tapped if they continued in ministry after people saw their greed and two facedness but seriously a shame to the Cross of Christ as we still see today.

W.V. Grant was ratted out by Dateline NBC way back in the early 90’s, and as far as I know he is still going semi-strong. He was busted for fake healings… he was wearing an ear piece and his wife would tell him which members to “heal”… after she’d vetted them, of course.

Benny Hinn has been proven a hukster and fraud 10 ways to Sunday… yet people flock to his “crusades”. A 6 yr old can tear apart his doctrine.

Amazing how deceived people can be, but I guess it’s just like pro-wrestling.

Krispy

2011/8/25 15:00
Creation7

Re:

Quote:
Amazing how deceived people can be, but I guess it’s just like pro-wrestling.

It is, as Paul Washer said, God's judgement on them. 2Th. 2:11,12- "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

2011/8/25 15:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy