SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re: Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians

It's a great book and I also believe in entire sanctification. Call it what you will, may we all go deeper with Christ.

2011/8/22 15:57Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: but EXPERIENCALLY NO ONE HAS A PERFECT HEART since the time he got born again.

1Kgs 15:14 But the high places were not taken away: nevertheless the heart of Asa was perfect with Jehovah all his days.

The heart of Asa was perfect……

2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

Gods searches the whole earth for them whose heart that’s is perfect towards him…..

I have given you an example of man who had a perfect heart and I have shown you an example that God searches the whole earth for them…. Them implies that there can be more than one at any given time…..

Quote: Every newborn child of god realises one month or week after his conversion, that there is still much "dirt" left in them and God still convicts them of sins and imperfections.

That’s the sad states of affairs that the church is in we are like Paul in Romans 7:18 For I know that in me dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Quote: My focus is on the real life, not on doctrine….

My focus also is on the real life and how the Christian can live a Clean, Holy and Victorious life completely yielded to Gods will and the best place to find the truth is in the bible and that is all I have done… I don’t attend a church and haven’t done for at least over 10 years. Most people attend bible school and start a ministry I attended bible school for two years then walked out of the church of into the wilderness I did go fed up and angry at what I saw in church and it’s leadership…

It was after leaving the church that God opened up my eyes to the sin that remained with the Christian after conversion since then I have studied and God keeps opening my eyes to the truth in the scriptures… I can claim that no man, ministry or denomination with there doctrines taught me this…

Quote: but the old man/flesh can come alive every moment, if the believer decides to do so (stop believing that the old self is dead. Paul says in him IS (present tense) still nothing good.

My friend what God is teaching me is that the old man can be put to death once and for all and that you can be free from the old man.

The church of today is like the foolish Galatians we have been be-witched…we started in the Spirit but have then turned to the flesh to live the Christian life and all you get out of that is Christians that have a form of godliness put deny the power and what you get is the mess that we have in the church today… A church that’s mocked by unbelievers because of the un-godliness that is rampant, bringing shame to the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost and causing them to grieve…

Listen to Paul again Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

No we can never be perfected by the flesh or have a perfect heart while in the flesh, so your right in a sense any Christian who walks by the flesh can never be perfect, Never Never…

But is there a work of the Spirit after conversion, do we have any hope of being perfect in the heart in this life…

We are told the heart of Asa was perfect and we are told that God searches the earth for a heart that is perfect towards him… So there must be a work that God does in a man that can cause him to have perfect heart.

The Dual work of the Spirit in the New Testament…

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1. For we are children of God by faith in Christ
2. Baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

The man who has put on Christ has been perfected in his Heart why because its no longer I that lives. Why because we have been put to death and we have been raised from death like Christ and you find that it’s no longer I that live but Christ that lives in me … Note: This baptism mentioned above is not water baptism.

So what is this Baptism of Christ we get a clue from John the Baptist Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.

The Baptism of Christ is not water baptism.

Romans 6:3-4 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

How powerful, how amazing raised from the dead to walk in the newness of life……with a Perfect Heart why because it’s no longer I that lives the old man but Christ the new man that lives in me…

2011/8/22 16:59Profile
shornlamb

Germany

Re:

Thank you, Colin.

Knowing this, that our old man is CRUCIFIED with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Romans 6:6-8

And they that are Christ's have CRUCIFIED the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:24

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is CRUCIFIED unto me, and I unto the world.
Gal 6:14

From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
Gal 6:17

I, too, believe in a one-time "crucifixion" with Christ. I believe the Father will see me nailed to my cross, as He did His Son. I believe that I cannot put that last nail in by myself, but Someone else has done it - my Father. I thought my need for further surrender was then over, but after a time I noticed that my old self was still not completely dead. This shook me at first, and I became afraid I could fall back into my old compromised life.

At first, because the experience was all new for me, this seemed like a contradiction: crucified with Christ, but still somehow alive. Until the thought came which has since helped me: The crucifixion HAS really taken place, I should not doubt it - but crucifixion does NOT mean instant death. It was for our Lord and is for me, too, a drawn-out death. Yes, I'm nailed to my cross now, by the grace of God, but I am no longer surprised or come into doubting when I notice I am not yet completely dead.

Perhaps this is what Paul meant when he wrote:
"I die daily"? 1Co 15:31

2011/8/22 22:44Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
The church of today is like the foolish Galatians we have been be-witched…we started in the Spirit but have then turned to the flesh to live the Christian life and all you get out of that is Christians that have a form of godliness put deny the power and what you get is the mess that we have in the church today… A church that’s mocked by unbelievers because of the un-godliness that is rampant, bringing shame to the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost and causing them to grieve…

Colin,

Love this quote!

This pretty much sums up my experience, and God's faithfulness in getting me back to inward holiness. When the Lord moves on our heart, the natural manifestation externally is the fruit of the Spirit.

When we 'eat His flesh and drink His blood' we take His life into ourselves and it cleanses us which enables us to walk closer with the Holy Spirit. Unlike the Old Testament where the blood was sprinkled on the priest and he was covered, we now have the ability through the Holy Spirit to be clean on the inside. The best way to avoid murder is to avoid anger, folks who aren't even angry have no desire to murder. :-)

Thanks for your insight and wonderful posting!

2011/8/22 23:52Profile
a-servant

Re: back to inward holiness

Yes, me too. Read a PDF the other day that makes a noteworthy case of that the majority actually didn't " start in the Spirit but have then turned to the flesh"

but in truth never really repented and never truly started in the Spirit. The weak spot is true conversion what makes people struggle between flesh and spirit.

Was a great read: "Kingdom Transfer" at http://www.holylivingnow.com

2011/8/23 0:27Profile
brothergary

Re:

your welcom shorn lamb, and your right it is erelevent weather he ws calvinist

ill see what i can find out about that brother and his book ,,brenda

im in the middle of reading the persute of god by tozer

wise man of god ,

2011/8/23 6:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy