SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Kenneth Hagin's "so called" Renunciation of the Word of Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
smoore

Kenneth Hagin's "so called" Renunciation of the Word of Faith

I think your comments about Brother Hagin show a deep religios bias in your hearts. I followed Brother Hagin for 30 years before I graduated from his Bible School. I was blessed by the doctrines he taught. He taught us what faith is and how to believe the Bible and confess the word of God, how to be led of the spirit, spirit soul and body, the blood of Jesus, the authority of the name of Jesus, how to believe for Healing and many more doctrines. Now a lot of ministries took his teaching to extremes but he was never the founder of the "so called" prosperity gospel. He never did teach to believe for money but to believe that God will meet your needs and give you the desires of your heart. I saw and experienced many manifestations of the spirit in his meetings. The title of this article infers that Brother Hagin renounced the Word of Faith before he died and I think you ought to be ashamed of yourself before God almighty for publishing that. The fact that Brother Hagin corrected many preachers for using the Word of Faith to increase their profits does not mean he renounced the Word of Faith. Brother Hagin never renounced the Word of Faith. Yes there is a bunch of Preachers which abuse the Bible to increase people's offerings. Yes there are preachers who specialize in raising funds. But Brother Hagin is one of the few ministers in history which the Lord Jesus has appeared to, in fact nine times. Some of the things Brother Hagin taught came by direct revelation of Jesus Christ. That is how the Apostle Paul got his doctrine by direct revelation of Jesus Christ. There are many fine Word of Faith Churches who do wonderful things and just because some Word of Faith Churches don't completely live up to all your expectations doesn't make the word of Faith bad. There are good and bad doctors, lawyers, car salesmen, waiters, bankers, and preachers. There are good and bad Baptist churches and catholic churches etc. Do I need say more. Brother Hagin walked in an atmosphere of love and faith. At his seminars, the atmosphere was charged with faith just like they were in Oral Roberts meetings. These men traveled to churches and built people up, taught the Bible and ministered healing and love flowed among the people. All your comments show very little love. Brother Hagin didn't renounce anything nor do I see any thing he needs to renounce. The "so called" prosperity gospel, now that is another subject. There's a lot of preachers putting their focus on money and there's a lot of Christians putting their focus on money. I imagine those who hate the word of faith never put their focus on money, especially when they lose their job. There are issues about money that need to be dealt with in the Body of Christ, but not with Brother Hagin

2011/8/18 17:15Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Kenneth Hagin's "so called" Renunciation of the Word of Faith

Hi smoore...

Quote:

He never did teach to believe for money but to believe that God will meet your needs and give you the desires of your heart.

I suppose that my biggest concern was that Kenneth Hagin seemed to teach (and encourage) that material goods -- often in excess to our needs -- can be a commendable and spiritually attainable (through "seed faith" acts) "desire of your heart."

It seems to encourage a love of the things of this world...and even prompt some to covet the things of Earth.

Does that make sense?

2011/8/23 3:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy