SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Apostle of prayer? Where is he now?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Apostle of prayer? Where is he now?

I debated whether to post this or not. Back some years ago when one of the major news networks hightlight a scandel or 3 preachers, one of them came out and admitted to their scam. Later he reinvented himself and touted himself as an apostle or prayer and wrote books dealing with prayer. Does anyone remember his name? Seemed like he was from Texas. I am wondering what he is doing these days.

What I find amusing, is though I have not been entrenched in church like I used to I don't find this guy's name around anywhere even in my travels around some christian sites. Yet, this guy touted himself as an Apostle of Prayer.

Anybody know his name?

2011/8/18 9:29Profile

Re: Apostle of prayer? Where is he now?

Brother I googled under Aposle of Prayer. Only one who mainly comes up is John Hyde. However I am uncomfortable with those who give them selves titles. There must be a reason God does not want this man's name known.

Blaine

2011/8/18 9:49
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I wholeheartedly agree with you marytr. Something I do along the course of life though is when I see someone set themselves up as something and later they seem to disapear I like to know where their decisions led them.

In this case this particular guy seems to have dropped off the face of christiandom. This guy took the Lord's prayer and wrote a prayer for each line of it. He had a southern accent when he spoke and he went around to mostly pentecostal churches doing his thing. I have goggled and find nothing. Which makes me all the more curious to know what happened to him.

Along with your words, what causes someone to be given title of Apostle or prophet these days?

2011/8/18 9:58Profile

Re:

"...what causes someone to be given title of Apostle or prophet these days?"

1 Corinthians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

He is saying in verse 29, not the whole congregation is called into these offices, but rather "some" are.

A true Apostle will not draw attention unto himself. If he preaches the truth THAT will be the attraction.

Yes, many have risen up over the centuries declaring them to be some Apostle or prophet and their own works prove who they are, but that doesn't mean that there are not the "some" that are genuinely in the Church that God has positioned in key places around the globe.

Take Paul for instance, He was one Apostle that turned the known world upside down. But the rest of the Apostles staid in Jerusalem and ministered to judah and the lost tribe of the house of Israel. It needed more Apostles I guess to convince Israel.

I said my last paragraph to say that only a few Apostles are needed per country depending on what the Spirit wills, but It's the opinion of the scriptures that only "some" are required.

2011/8/18 11:02
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Larry lea is the person I am thinking off. I scrolled through youtube to see if I could find a name.

2011/8/18 12:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy