Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : homosexuals and coming out

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

homosexuals and coming out

I know I posted another thread to this but I cannot find it and there is no search engine so it forces me to create a new post for it.

I recently saw a short documentary about Ricky Martin and him coming out declaring himself to be homosexual. He said it felt set free after it made a posting of it online and said it was as if he had slapped hands with God. It seemed you could see this 'joy' in his eyes as well.

It got my mind running a bit. I think we probably all know of at least one person during the course of our life who was homosexual or was probably going to become a homosexual later in life. It got me wondering what is causing this stuff to happen?

I told my wife that I wondered, the bible says homosexuality is sin yet there are even churches out there dedicated to those who are homosexuals. So then how does the church know whether or when God judges this sin? Do we wait for a Sodom type of destruction? Will we eventually see some disease run rampant among homosexuals? Will anything become of it?

Yet, having asked this question, the same should be asked of adulterers and fornicators. Is the judgmeent of God on this sin something apart from what the reaping and sowing is doing in the midst of the sin?

Yet, my main question is on homosexuality.
I also have an uncle who is homosexual. He sings in a choir at his church. I haven't been told what church it is but the area that he said it was in there is a homosexual church there. During a recent funeral of my cousins son 2 church people from his church were there and I got to meet them. 2 ladies, one of which was fully a butch. Yet, I ask myself, is there a judgment of God that comes upon those who practice this and if so, will our eyes know it?

I hope this makes sense?

2011/8/17 15:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: homosexuals and coming out

Deadn asked:

"It got me wondering what is causing this stuff to happen?"

Forty-one years ago Larry Christiansen wrote a book titled "The Christian family". In it he addressed this question, although back then the problem was not as prevalent as today. Or, at least people were not as bold and public as now.

As I recall, his explanation is that with the increase in immodesty you will see a rise in homosexuality. Males become overstimulated by what is exposed by females in that they eventually lose interest in females and turn to same gender...make sense without going into more detail? This would explain the male's perversion...am not sure about the females but I suspect it has to do with them being promiscuous with males. Engaging in recreational sex damages a female emotionally. Physical intimacy effects a female emotionally differently then it does a male.

Anyhow, this (about homosexuality) is what was said 41 years ago - don't now what the experts would say today.

2011/8/17 16:03Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

What exactly was Sodom and Gomorrah punished for? One response could be, “Sodom was punished for the sexual abominations it committed.” Granted, I understand why we jump to this conclusion so quickly, the activity of the men in the city was so obstinately rapacious towards the very angels of God, strange flesh indeed! And while there is truth to this general observation, it is not the whole truth. This is a passage of scripture in dire need of commentary from God himself. Chapters eighteen and nineteen of Genesis do not offer it in spite of great want.

The word of the Lord came to Ezekiel, we read in chapter 16:49-50 the commentary from God on the scenario at Sodom. “Behold this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.” It is strikingly clear from this passage that God had a view of Sodom we do not so quickly gather from the passages in Genesis. As is so often the case with scripture, we really need to rightly handle God’s whole word, and not jump to the first conclusion we draw. Here we see that our first impressions are only interlaced with partial truth. The whole truth is far worse! Pride…hedonism, and lack of compassion upon the unfortunate preceded abomination. The abomination was only the full expression of Sodom's initial sins. All over the media, the internet, and from pulpits Christians are decrying homosexuality as the greatest sin. In no way am I saying it was not a great sin; however, I am saying that we need to pull the tree out of our own eye and realize that we have been attacking the tip of the iceberg with a machete, while below the placid surface dwells this lurking monstrosity of iniquity. Upon which many ships are being wrecked 2. They litter the ocean floor in a jagged watery mausoleum.

I beg that we would hear Gods heart. We need to repent; we need to take the log out of our own eye. Judgment begins in the house of God, not outside of it. Are we hedonistic in all of our pursuits? Are we filling endless hours consuming idle mediocrity? Have we forgotten to give to the cause and plight of the poor? Do we stand in the gap through prayer as much as we attempt to legislate our morality? Daniel is a man of whom the Bible mentions no sin or iniquity yet what was his prayer filled with? Repentance! Daniel pleaded Gods forgiveness for the iniquity of his people, he begged God to turn His anger away from His children, and away from Jerusalem. He was an intercessor, a man who stood in the gap, a man whom we all could learn a lot from. And certainly he was not a man pointing fingers outside himself but rather, upon his knees he took upon himself the sins of his people. This is the attitude most like our Lord, who was silent before his accusers, cognizant of the fact there was no excuse for the sin he was about to take upon himself for the sake of all those who would call upon his name.

There may be an answer in all this somewhere as to the "why this is happening" question.

Art Katz said in one of his sermons that he felt the blame for the present condition of the world could be placed at the feet of the church. Judgment begins in the house of God...

2011/8/17 16:07Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Areadymind

although you didn't give me a direct answer to my question you did do something else that is almost as good. The subject of why Sodom was destroyed. I only briefly mentioned Sodom in my original post just as a history thing but I really like what you brought up about the history behind why it was destroyed. It is true that we as humans tend to gravitate towards things we like and stay away from things we don't like. THis is true in the church and with preachers. Preach on something you like and stay away keeping an unbalanced approach on issues.

Ginnyrose, what you brought up is a facinating thing. Yeah, I can see something taking shape there yet if I sought info from the psychological association I probably would not find the answer. I wonder, should I drop the question to Exodus Intl and see what they also say about it?

2011/8/17 16:20Profile
Veronica226

Montana

Re:

I agree with what Areadymind said. I would also add that it's possible that their homosexuality were a result of the things mentioned in Ezekiel 16:49-50. We see in Romans 1 that when people refuse to worship God He gives them over to their depraved desires and they become homosexuals. This isn't an easy answer to hear. And it's one most people don't want to hear. But it's what Scripture says.
Romans 1:18-28
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain (obvious) to them, because God has made it plain (obvious) to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile (vanity) and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

You would not believe how many homeschooled kids I know, who were raised in godly homes, but they refused to worship God and now they are coming out saying they are homosexual. It grieves me greatly to see this happening. Ezekiel 16:49-50 might as well be describing America in general and the church and her individuals in particular. As Areadymind said, we need to be asking those questions. As individuals and as a corporate church body.

2011/8/17 18:11Profile

Re:

Seems like America has already been rejected by God. We have rejected him so can he do any less to us.

Blaine

2011/8/17 19:13
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Deadn wrote:

"I wonder, should I drop the question to Exodus Intl and see what they also say about it?"

Please do! And come back and tell us what they said. I would love to hear their take on this issue!

ginnyrose

2011/8/17 19:13Profile

Re:

from what i think is true about homosexuality, as someone who struggled with it for more then ten years, if you open the door to sexual immorality before marriage through any type of sexual sin you open the door for those spirits to come in and manipulate your thoughts and feelings which has part of the reason why people think their homosexual, sadly that is what is happening with millions of people, they feel attracted to the same sex and is because they are under spiritual bondage that they don't know because they are not saved.

2011/8/18 13:37

Re:

God gives them over to a reprobate mind. Doesnt matter what our opinions are about the matter. Thats the problem with a discussion like this... people say "well, I think this...", or "I agree with so-n-so...".

Who cares what you think?

What does God think?

He told us already. Homosexuality takes over a society that has shook it's fist in God's face. God says "OK... you think this is what you want? You can have it."

And He turns them over to a reprobate mine.

Krispy

2011/8/18 14:06
mguldner

Kansas

There is a search engine for the site, top of the page just under the main banner, its a text link and so semihard to find it says By Search. I use it often.

And in response to the post ALL Sin has Judgment coming to it, anyone Not in Christ will feel the Sting of Death and then enter Death Eternal. I never understood why there was such a great focus on Homosexuals when straight men a great deal being Christian lust with their eyes at women isn't that just as bad? and wont it receive equal judgment?

God Bless,
Matthew

2011/8/18 17:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy