SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Not dead enough!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Not dead enough!

The more I try and grow and become the who Christ would have me to be the more my wicked flesh battles me, my only conclusion is I am not dead enough.

The cross is my friend, but it seems I am reluctant to embrace like a good friend but more like an acquintance at times. The enemy knows just how to trick me and deceive me in so many ways and the part of me that loves the world graciously obligies.

I forget often what Christ has done for me on the cross especially when I need it most, times of temptation. When I go to confess my sins my heart feels distant as if it was simply a ritual or routine, like oh you messed up again better repent.

My sin doesn't crush me when I commit it, and at times I am hardly effected by its touch (though I know it is hurting me) To quote Keith Green, "My eyes are dry, my faith is old, my heart is hard, my prayers are cold."

I have posted that I had given up gaming and I have been faithful to that and I feel conviction for even playing Solitare on the computer.

Needless to say I have a long road ahead of me, and I am not near dead enough.

2011/8/17 8:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Not dead enough!

Quote:
My sin doesn't crush me when I commit it, and at times I am hardly effected by its touch (though I know it is hurting me) To quote Keith Green, "My eyes are dry, my faith is old, my heart is hard, my prayers are cold."

I have posted that I had given up gaming and I have been faithful to that and I feel conviction for even playing Solitare on the computer.

My friend yes we must daily die. God will be faithful to meet you with with great plans and purposes for your life as you count your ambitions and goals as dung. May Christ be our goal, our purpose, our everything. He is worthy of all.

He must be that to you or you will strive to overcome. Bless you brother.

2011/8/17 10:53Profile
Nellie

It is GOD which worketh in you, both to will and to do of HIS good pleasure . Philppians 2:13
You can try until the end of time, and you won't ever crucify the flesh. Flesh will always be flesh, and it will always war against the Spirit. This is so in every Christian.
Read Gal.2:20, especially the part about I live by the FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD,WHO LOVED ME AND GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME.
Read Ephesians 2:8,9,10.
I don't usually reccomend books, but if you can find it, get New Covenant Unveiled, by David Wilkinson. Also, It seems all Hope is Gone, by Duke Downs. If you send me your address I will get them to mail these to you .
God Bless you, Matthew.

2011/8/17 11:38Profile
rorichts

Central Iowa

may I recommend a small in size but one that has volumes in content.

"School of Christ" by T. Austin Sparks
You will do well to only read one sentence per day or at the most one paragraph. More than that and you will miss the depth of content. If you can get through it all, read and meditate on it again and again.

Most people that I recommend the book to find it to be more than their flesh will tolerate. It will transform your relationship with Christ should you stay the course.

rich

2011/8/17 12:06Profile
rorichts

Central Iowa

Re:

"You can try until the end of time, and you won't ever crucify the flesh."

that is what the flesh would have you to believe but that is not what the Word says.

rich

2011/8/17 12:08Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Do not think you are alone! It is a race. Pulled muscles, blisters, dehydration, compromised stamina, obsticles, second winds, and so many other challenges and incumberances but we all must run through it.

I have come to notice that in comming to repentance that the craftiness of the evil one is still at work. He will even try to to deceive us into believing that when the Spirit bids us repent, that we are not qualified to do it. He is a murderer that never sleeps.

2011/8/17 14:00Profile
Nellie

Re:

Rich,
Please post Scriptures where it says that we as humans
can crucify our own flesh?
Thanks

2011/8/17 15:30Profile
Veronica226

Montana

Re:

I agree with Nellie, read "The New Covenant Unveiled" by David Wilkerson. It is an amazing book.
May I also humbly recommend this sermon by Paris Reidhead:
(So Great Salvation) Victory Part 1: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=16440&commentView=itemComments

I also know we aren't allowed to post outside sermons, but Greg said that he would put this one up if I got the MP3 to him and I haven't yet, so I submit this sermon to you: http://ellerslie.com/Eric_Ludy_Sermons/Entries/2011/2/27_Horses_and_Chariots_of_Fire.html
It deals with this crucifying of the flesh, going through Romans 6. In fact Romans 6 is probably the best passage of Scripture on this topic. My favorite verse in Romans 6 is verse 11: "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." Reckon, appropriate, make it yours! You are crucified with Christ, you no longer live! (Gal 2:20) God bless you and I am praying for you!
In Christ,
Veronica

edit: Wanted to say that the sermon "Horses and Chariots of Fire" by Eric Ludy is now here on SermonIndex: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=22821&commentView=itemComments

2011/8/17 18:25Profile
brothergary

Re:

brethern i beieve fasting will be a break through for us

iv been burdened to start a long season of fasting

to motafie the flesh

at this stage , 2 days in arow ,once every two weeks

till chritmass
or till a break through accours

it might end up two days a week

i dont no

but im believing god layed it on my heart

so im trusting there will be sucess

and im not looking back or going to doubt

i will plow and plow and plow
i dont feel it is an option , but a clear cut comand

that was conected with much prayer ,and giving alms

and witnessing in some way

he has ste me free from many thing

but he is calling us to fast offten
with planing and deterination
and above all faith

2011/8/17 21:43Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thanks Veronica that was an awesome message, anyone that feels the same as me LISTEN TO IT! It will help, or at least it helped me. :)

2011/8/18 4:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy