SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Jesus, I my cross have taken

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

Jesus, I my cross have taken

Thank you Greg for posting this wonderful song. Brings much to think and meditate on. Chock Full.

I also came across this video when looking up the entire song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7toIrq2RJc

FEATURED QUOTATION

"Jesus, I my cross have taken, all to leave and follow Thee. Destitute, despised, forsaken, Thou from hence my all shall be. Perish every fond ambition, all I’ve sought or hoped or known. Yet how rich is my condition! God and Heaven are still mine own. Let the world despise and leave me, they have left my Savior, too. Human hearts and looks deceive me; Thou art not, like them, untrue. And while Thou shalt smile upon me, God of wisdom, love and might, Foes may hate and friends disown me, show Thy face and all is bright. Go, then, earthly fame and treasure! Come, disaster, scorn and pain! In Thy service, pain is pleasure; with Thy favor, loss is gain. I have called Thee, “Abba, Father”; I have set my heart on Thee: Storms may howl, and clouds may gather, all must work for good to me." - H.F. Lyte

2011/8/17 6:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Jesus, I my cross have taken

Sister,

Thank you for bringing this video to our attention. It will bless many.

2011/8/17 8:37Profile

Re: Jesus, I my cross have taken

For those interested in H.F Lyte, a Scotsman :) Please check out this link http://homepage.eircom.net/~taghmon/histsoc/vol1/3lyte/3lyte.htm

It speaks of a tragic childhood, but one redeemed by God our Father who is surely a Father to the Fatherless. Abide with me speaks beautifully to the presence of God.......brother Frank

2011/8/17 9:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy