SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : STOP LIVING LIKE A PAUPER by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

STOP LIVING LIKE A PAUPER by David Wilkerson

STOP LIVING LIKE A PAUPER
by David Wilkerson August 16, 2011

Are you tired of living like a pauper when everything you need has been provided? Perhaps your focus is wrong. Do you tend to dwell on your weaknesses, temptations and past failures? When you look inside your own heart does what you see discourage you? Have you allowed guilt to seep in?

Beloved, you are to be looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith! When Satan comes and points at some weakness in your heart, you have every right to answer, “My God already knows it all and he still loves me! He has given me everything I need to attain victory and keep it.”

“For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things” (1 John 3:20). He knows all about you—and he still loves you enough to say, “Come on in and get all you need. The storehouse is open!”

The doors to his storehouse are wide open, and his riches are full to overflowing. God is urging you: “Come boldly to the throne of grace, that [you] may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).

How many years have you been on the outside? You have a Father who has been laying up a great treasure of provision for you and yet you have left it unclaimed.

The parable of the Prodigal Son shows us that by going in and enjoying his father’s treasure, the Prodigal had it both ways. He could live his earthly life with the abundant forgiveness, joy, peace and rest that were his and when death brought him into his eternal inheritance, he would fully enjoy what he had already known on earth.

Indeed, the greater sin was committed by the older brother—the one who stayed home, walked obediently and never failed his father. Yes, it is a sin to waste our Father’s substance on sensual living and a runaway spirit, but it is an even greater sin to rebuff God’s great love—to leave unclaimed the bountiful resources he gave to us at such a great price.

The Prodigal was not chastised, rebuked and reminded of his sin, because God would not allow sin to be the focus of restoration! There had been true repentance and godly sorrow and it was time to move on to the banquet table—to the feast. The father said to the older son, “He was lost, but now he is in the house again. He is forgiven and it is time to rejoice and be happy!”

2011/8/16 10:22Profile
Nellie

Re: STOP LIVING LIKE A PAUPER by David Wilkerson

O God, give Your Body the Faith & Grace to receive this.
In Jesus Name.

2011/8/16 12:57Profile
Pandarus

Queensland, Australia

Folks, I'm sure it must be a typo but can you check the date on this post? Rev. Wilkerson could not have written this as he passed away in April.

2011/8/24 0:47Profile
shadyg

Re:

acutally he did write this. It comes from this website: http://www.worldchallenge.org/view/devotions

This was taken from the site: "These devotionals will continue as there are many journals and unpublished materials written by David Wilkerson from which we will glean. In the meantime we will continue to post some of his previously published devotionals."

it can be found at this link: http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/view/devotions?page=2&filter0=&filter1=5&filter2=2011

God Bless

2011/8/24 1:51Profile

Re:

I'm not understanding what that post is saying? Is it saying I can live a financially prosperous life here on earth? Eat my cake and have it too?

2011/8/24 4:16
Joyful_Heart

Re: STOP LIVING LIKE A PAUPER by David Wilkerson

Dear Brothers & Sisters,

If you knew David W. you would know he is not talking about "prosperity" like some of the preachers today. At first I must admit I was curious to where this was going as well. But as I read it completely I understood where his heart was coming from.

I have read Brother David's pulpit series news letters for years and I never once heard him speak of gathering material things for yourself.

Here I take it as the things of the Lord. Living above our circumstances, getting the grace we need to go on, not living in condemnation when the enemy comes in. Getting the victory etc. God has given us so much in His storehouse, the Bible, to keep us on the straight and narrow etc. All we have to to do is believe God's Word and act upon it.

I think due to the prosperity teachers of today we automatically jump to a wrong conclusion of what Brother David is saying.

I pray that each one will pray and ask the Holy Spirit what it is he is saying to us. It may be a whole lot different than what first thought. It is meat actually.

God bless as we seek His face for all things.

Sheri

2011/8/24 16:15Profile

Re:

I love David Wilkerson's sermons and I was just confused about the matter. And like you, I have never heard of him speak of prosperity and was genuinely confused.

I was just afraid after the recent ordeal with John Piper and Rick Warren. I still listen to John Piper's older sermons but now am weary of anything post 2009.

You just don't know what will happen now.

Thanks for the input Sheri!

2011/8/25 14:24
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Praise God. It is a day to stay so close to the Lord, in fellowship with Him, with godly people, even if it be few and most important be in the Word. Praying God will protect us and give us decrement. He will keep us. He has promised but we must stay ever so close to Him. And not be going here and there for this and that.

We can trust David Wilkerson. From all I have read up until his death has only helped take us to a deeper relationship with the Lord, helped keep us on the straight and narrow and told us what the Lord has shown him about what is to come and to wake up America and repent.

There are some of his writings that have not been published but I have confidence that they will be correct as well.

As we ask God, He will show us the true ones from the false. But we must stay close to Him and live holy lives unto the Lord. God bless abundantly and help us all Lord Jesus in these last days.

2011/8/26 12:36Profile
Nellie

Re:

Brother David has helped me Spiritually so many times I lost count.
I've never heard him lift himself up, only Jesus Christ.
I'm so happy that God inspired him to write these before his passing.
I agree Joyful_Heart, we can trust Jesus Christ who lived in
his life.
I miss him a lot.
God Bless all.
Nellie

2011/8/26 14:08Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy