SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : This Experience Must Come by Oswald Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

This Experience Must Come by Oswald Chambers

This Experience Must Come
Aug11 2011
Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. And Elisha . . . saw him no more —2 Kings 2:11-12

It is not wrong for you to depend on your “Elijah” for as long as God gives him to you. But remember that the time will come when he must leave and will no longer be your guide and your leader, because God does not intend for him to stay. Even the thought of that causes you to say, “I cannot continue without my ’Elijah.’ ” Yet God says you must continue.

Alone at Your “Jordan” (2 Kings 2:14). The Jordan River represents the type of separation where you have no fellowship with anyone else, and where no one else can take your responsibility from you. You now have to put to the test what you learned when you were with your “Elijah.” You have been to the Jordan over and over again with Elijah, but now you are facing it alone. There is no use in saying that you cannot go— the experience is here, and you must go. If you truly want to know whether or not God is the God your faith believes Him to be, then go through your “Jordan” alone.

Alone at Your “Jericho” (2 Kings 2:15). Jericho represents the place where you have seen your “Elijah” do great things. Yet when you come alone to your “Jericho,” you have a strong reluctance to take the initiative and trust in God, wanting, instead, for someone else to take it for you. But if you remain true to what you learned while with your “Elijah,” you will receive a sign, as Elisha did, that God is with you.

Alone at Your “Bethel” (2 Kings 2:23). At your “Bethel” you will find yourself at your wits’ end but at the beginning of God’s wisdom. When you come to your wits’ end and feel inclined to panic— don’t! Stand true to God and He will bring out His truth in a way that will make your life an expression of worship. Put into practice what you learned while with your “Elijah”— use his mantle and pray (see 2 Kings 2:13-14). Make a determination to trust in God, and do not even look for Elijah anymore.

2011/8/12 14:53Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: This Experience Must Come by Oswald Chambers

Amen sister Sheri Thank you for posting..

All His ways are RIGHT-eous. :)

"Alone at Your “Bethel” (2 Kings 2:23). At your “Bethel” you will find yourself at your wits’ end but at the beginning of God’s wisdom. When you come to your wits’ end and feel inclined to panic— don’t! Stand true to God and He will bring out His truth in a way that will make your life an expression of worship. "

Amen and amen. Let it be so Lord.

2011/8/12 21:52Profile
Veronica226

Montana

Re: This Experience Must Come by Oswald Chambers

Oh how timely. :) 4 years ago my and my family's "Elijah" was taken away. I and my family were devastated. But God has been teaching us to not rely on man, but upon HIM.
"Make a determination to trust in God, and do not even look for Elijah anymore."
This was incredibly hard to learn, but so worth it!
"It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man." - Psalm 118:8

2011/8/12 22:08Profile

Re: This Experience Must Come

What encouraging posts.

We'll pass through death's door alone and stand alone accountable before Him. Best to know how to honestly face Him alone now.

"Alone at Your “Jordan” (2 Kings 2:14). The Jordan River represents the type of separation where you have no fellowship with anyone else, and where no one else can take your responsibility from you.
If you truly want to know whether or not God is the God your faith believes Him to be, then go through your “Jordan” alone."

Praise The LORD!

2011/8/13 3:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy