SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : NKorea: Tropical storm causes casualties, damage

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

NKorea: Tropical storm causes casualties, damage

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A powerful tropical storm destroyed houses, damaged crops and caused more than 10 deaths and injuries Tuesday in North Korea, already struggling after deadly flooding last month.
Tropical Storm Muifa made landfall in the country late Monday and was lashing northeastern China with torrential rain and wind as a weaker tropical depression.
China's National Meteorological Center said Muifa's winds gusted up to 52 miles per hour (83 kilometers per hour) overnight and the storm dropped up to 5 inches (135 mm) of rain in China's northeast, neighboring North Korea.
The depression should weaken further but winds still could gust up to 39 mph (62 kph) along the coast, the Chinese center said.
North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency said Tuesday more than 2,400 acres of crops were damaged in one province. More than 100 housing units and 10 public buildings were destroyed in another. The brief report did not give more details on the deaths and injuries or how many of either was blamed on the storm.
Muifa earlier caused four deaths in the Philippines and four in South Korea, where two other people were missing.
Flooding and landslides caused by heavy rains in July heavily damaged homes and property on the Korean peninsula. North Korea reported about 30 deaths, and South Korea dozens more.
Before Muifa moved ashore, waves as high as 65 feet (20 meters) broke a dike in Dalian, China, that protected the Fujiahua chemical plant. Chinese authorities said the dike was reinforced with stones and concrete and the danger was under control.

http://news.yahoo.com/nkorea-tropical-storm-causes-casualties-damage-110335782.html

2011/8/9 21:18Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: NKorea: Tropical storm causes casualties, damage

It is astonishing to me that these people go through so much and then go through this amongst the persecution they receive from their own people!

We must pray for the believers there.

International Christian Concern just sent out a newsletter titled North Korea: Exposed

2011/8/9 23:36Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Hi sister,

before I was even baptized, when I was just converted, I was in a bible study, and he put the church in Korea on our hearts and we prayed. I am constantly blessed when I take my eyes off of myself and look at Jesus. And then I see, through his eyes, all the people that he is reaching out to. What a blessing it is to follow Him as he searches for what is lost, his treasure, his precious people.

Peace in Christ

Travis

2011/8/9 23:47Profile

Re:

""before I was even baptized, when I was just converted, I was in a bible study, and he put the church in Korea on our hearts and we prayed. I am constantly blessed when I take my eyes off of myself and look at Jesus. And then I see, through his eyes, all the people that he is reaching out to. What a blessing it is to follow Him as he searches for what is lost, his treasure, his precious people.""

Amen! LORD, give us Your eyes and heart and help us to keep hold of Your mind and not our own.

2011/8/10 2:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy