SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Republican Perry offers prayer for America at rally

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Republican Perry offers prayer for America at rally

Texas Governor Rick Perry, expected to enter the Republican race for the White House within weeks, offered a prayer for America on Saturday at a controversial religious rally that put the spotlight on his Christian faith.

Perry, who has made his religious beliefs a big part of his public image, urged an enthusiastic crowd at the seven-hour gathering to pray for President Barack Obama and other U.S. leaders.

"Father, our heart breaks for America," said Perry, who hatched the idea for the rally and brushed off heavy criticism for participating. ...

read more: http://news.yahoo.com/republican-perry-offers-prayer-america-rally-185522036.html

2011/8/7 11:23Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Republican Perry offers prayer for America at rally

Greg, I personally feel America needs all the prayers we can get, no matter how they come, or even if this had an agenda. I feel God hears the Prayers of his people and just appreciates them,and wants to answer them and overlooks any agendas,but we have to ask,and in Texas we asked publicly. If someone wants to hold this as a possible agenda driven gathering, and forget about the prayers of over 35,000 for our Country, maybe you might be the one with the agenda.

2011/8/7 12:23Profile

Re:

Bill there is no agenda here. Greg post these things for us to be aware of what is going on.

Blaine

2011/8/7 12:41
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Wasn't really calling out anyone here, I think you may have accidentally misread what I meant and that can happen. I meant people that think Mr. Perry might have had an agenda, sorry for the confusion.

2011/8/7 13:02Profile

Re:

quote "personally feel America needs all the prayers we can get, no matter how they come, or even if this had an agenda. I feel God hears the Prayers of his people and just appreciates them,and wants to answer them and overlooks any agendas,but we have to ask,and in Texas we asked publicly" quote

TOTALLY agree ! America need all the prayers we can get !
i watch the webstream and prayed in the same time on line yesterday.

if there was anyone had done anything wrong in the prayer meeting yesterday, GOD will deal with that person. we are NOT GOD, rememeber , it is prayer gethering, we pray to GOD not to men.

2011/8/7 13:07

Re:

And came the Word of Jehovah of Hosts to me, saying,
(Zec 7:4)

Speak to all the people of the land, and to the priests, saying, When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months, even those seventy years, did you truly fast to Me, even to Me?
(Zec 7:5)

And when you ate, and when you drank, was it not for you the eaters, and for you, the drinkers?
(Zec 7:6)

Are not these the Words which Jehovah proclaimed by the former prophets, when Jerusalem was inhabited, and prosperous, and her cities all around her, and the Negev and the Shephelah were inhabited? (Zec 7:7)

So speaks Jehovah of Hosts, saying, Judge true judgment, and practice kindness and pity, each man to his brother.
(Zec 7:9)

And do not crush the widow or the orphan, the alien or the poor. And do not devise evil in your heart, of a man against his brother.
(Zec 7:10)

But they refused to listen, and gave a stubborn shoulder, and made heavy their ears from hearing.
(Zec 7:11)

And they made their hearts adamant from hearing the Law and the Words which Jehovah of Hosts has sent through His Spirit, by the former prophets. And great wrath came from Jehovah of Hosts.
(Zec 7:12)

And it will be, as He called, and they did not listen, so they called, and I did not listen, says Jehovah of Hosts.
(Zec 7:13)

But I stormed them away on all the nations whom they did not know. And the land has been wasted behind them, from passing and from returning; for they made the land of desire a waste.
(Zec 7:14)

2011/8/7 14:13
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Republican Perry offers prayer for America at rally

Praise God! This is the result of prayers of righteous intercessors in the U.S. I sensed a genuine and and humble spirit in this man. May God bless this man for his bold appearance and protect him from the enemy.

This would almost be unthinkable here in the UK.

2011/8/7 14:21Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I thank God that there were no big name preachers at this call to fast and pray our our nation. Close to 30,000 people came to pray for our nation, not to hear a preacher, not because of Governor Perry, but because this nation has big problems that no man can fix.

There was repentance that took place on a personal and a corporate level. The prayer leaders were mature men that prayed heartfelt prayers that were in line with the Word of God.

I was greatly encouraged by what I witnessed at this meeting, and there was a large turnout of young people. There was no offering taken up which is extremely rare.

I knew from the beginning that the devil wanted to stop this meeting with the attacks on Governor Perry, not only from the ACLU and news media but from many Christians that judged the governor's motives. There were other governors that participated, but it would have blessed me to see our own governor there who professes to be a born again Christian.

The enemy would like to remove God from every area of our culture, and it seems like many Christians would rather see a unbeliver in office than a born again Christian that believes in the power of prayer.

In America's short history there have been leaders that have called for days of prayer and fasting in the past, and what better time than now. I have a picture of the first Continental Congress that were in session on their faces before God, seeking the Lord for His wisdom and guidance. The ACLU and many liberal Christian churches have perverted the true meaning of the seperation of church and state.

The scriptures instruct us to pray for all those in authority. The day of prayer in Houston was based on 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Joel 2. The leaders of this prayer rally put the responsibility for the condition of this nation where it needs to be, not on the ungodly sinners but on the Church. If we fulfill the conditions that God has set forth in His Word for revival, then revival will come, and not just a revival in the church, but a move of God that will greatly impact whole communities, cities, and states, like the great Welsh revival.

Mike

2011/8/7 15:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I just am humbled by all the responses here. We must also look at the big picture here, God is humbling this nation as I type, and I thank God that I live in a State that has seen this, and has took the initial steps to hopefully receive the first Blessings in the recovery of our nation. I hope and pray that Texas will reap from this, as proof we need this to happen all over this Country and the world. Lord Jesus we ask you today to show your people all over this nation and this world, that what happened in Texas is what you have been waiting to see.

Intercessory Prayer pleads with God for our needs and the needs of others. But it is also much more than that. Intercession involves taking hold of God's will and refusing to let go until His will comes to pass.
Intercession is warfare, the key to God's battle plan for our lives. But the battleground is not of this earth, The Bible says, "We are not fighting against humans. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and spiritual powers in the heavens above (Eph. 6:12). Prayer takes place in this spiritual world is where the battles for our own lives, our families, our friends and our nation are won or lost.

2011/8/7 16:34Profile
mama27

Re:

I stood in prayer all day yesterday with the 30,000+ though I was not able to watch online....Tears come to my eyes to think of the many who turned out to beseech God on behalf of our nation....Lord have mercy!!

2011/8/7 16:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy