SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Heart In Harmony With The Throne Room of God by Al Whittinghill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A Heart In Harmony With The Throne Room of God by Al Whittinghill

"God has two throne rooms: one in the highest heaven and one in the lowliest of hearts. In these lowly, humble hearts God in great mercy has taken out the old, sinful heart and has put within a new heart, a heart that can know God, a heart in which is written the Word of Life and His own laws. In these hearts He is pleased to establish His throne. When Isaiah saw the Lord high and lifted up, it changed his perspective to a heavenly one. It humbled his personality and gave him a holy purpose. When he wrote the words we find in Isaiah 57:15, he wrote directly from the heart of God, giving a revelation to us of the person who has a new heart: "For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones." The humble dwell with Him in His throne room.

In Isaiah 66:1-2 we see His other throne room: "Thus saith the Lord, the heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? And where is the place of my rest? [Where is the place that man could ever make for a habitation of God?] For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." When this man hears the word of God, he’s moved on the inside. He’s walking in the fear of God. He respects the Lord. "This is the person," God says, "in whom I will establish My throne room."

In the world system when something is broken, it is set aside. But in the Kingdom of God, He sets aside unbroken things. It is the precious, broken things that He uses to confound the wise and show the world His great glory through vessels of clay.

Our Lord Jesus emptied Himself. He who was the fullness of the Godhead bodily came from heaven, and He was tabernacled or veiled in flesh. Jesus was crucified. His blood was shed for you and me. He was buried, raised, ascended, and enthroned by the Father, and now He sends His Holy Spirit back into the world.

We sing, "Come into my heart, Lord Jesus," but He does not come as some ambiguous spirit. He comes to enthrone Himself in our throne room, to the broken, to the humble, to the contrite, to those who come knowing that they need the cross and that they’re a sinner who has no hope apart from the precious Blood of Jesus. They tear the veil of their flesh, and into their inner man, the spirit man, comes the risen, radiant Lord Jesus Christ. He is enthroned, and the Father’s throne room finds a place in us...

We have to come into an inner agreement—the throne room of our heart with God’s throne room. If you want to know what’s to be in your heart, if you want to know the attitude and atmosphere and what’s supposed to fill your heart, then you need to look at what is going on in the throne room of God. Whatever wouldn’t fit there mustn’t fit here. Whatever is going on there has to fit here. That’s the great key. In any aspect of revival, it is when God’s throne room is felt and known . . .

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts, saith the Lord" (Isa. 55:9). We must have an elevated perspective. There must be a reality shift in us. It’s the upward call of God. I have to be like Paul who said, "We look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are [temporary] but the things which are not seen are eternal" (2 Cor. 4:18). It’s the secret of the saints of old. They lived in the throne room of God.

It’s walking in His presence. "In thy presence is fullness of joy" (Psa. 16:11). This is not something we strive to attain. This is a pure gift of grace. If you’re a Christian you’re living in the heavenlies, and you’re seated with Christ by faith on the Life-side of the cross. You never forsake the cross, because it is to the broken and the contrite and those who take up the cross that the light shines through. Flesh and blood cannot reveal it to you but the Father which is in heaven (Matt. 16:17).

Have you seen beyond your church activities? Have you seen that you have the privilege of living without ceasing in the throne room of God and that He is saying, "Come unto Me, and come boldly by the Blood of Jesus to the throne of grace? There you will find that your needs are totally met in Me." . . .

Our theology must become doxology, and the way to that is kneeology. Time alone with God in the Word of God. As He quickens us, He’ll open the Scriptures and our hearts will burn. And if our heart is set on fire, if our bones have radiance from the throne room, if that is in our bones where the blood is made, then we’ll have hot blood and it will course throughout our whole being. And it will affect everybody else. The Lamb is to reign on the throne of our hearts.

So I ask you, are you in harmony with the throne room of God? Is there a Lamb on the throne of your heart? If you’re walking with Jesus as He wants you to walk, there’ll be a Lamb on the throne, and He will send you as He was sent—not in the same activity, but in the same character. This is our passion, to live in His throne room and to let that great throne room fill up this throne room of our heart. Friend, is the Lamb on the throne room of your heart? You must let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus. You must bow your will and your knee day by day. Take His yoke daily and walk in the beauty of His holiness. This is the way He will send us out—praising Him, in the Word, open heavens, open heart, open Bible. The veil is gone. We abide in Him and He abides in us!"

2011/8/4 18:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy