SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Jesus Culture Awakening 2011 ***Concerned

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
carters

Australia

2011/8/7 3:43Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: Jesus Culture Awakening 2011 ***Concerned

I attended this conference with my wife and 2 oldest daughters 15 and 17. We were so impacted by the messages and "off the charts" praising and worshiping the Lord, not to mention the rich fellowship of other disciples we had never met before.
Lou Engle spoke with great authority on "Seperated to the Sermon" A powerful message challenging us to live by the words of Jesus.
Reinhard Bonke ministered with mighty power on the baptism in the Holy Spirit and in another message feeding the 5,000.
Bill Johnson spoke on humility, honor and purity. My oldest daughter said this was the " deepest " message of the conference.
Strongholds of the enemy were broken over my family during these meetings. Just being in the awesome Presence of God brought such freedom to love and honor.
There was a 20 to 30 minute spontaneous ROAR of praise that came from the crowd with no worship leaders involved. The crowd was moved by the Holy Spirit to praise Jesus with a "voice of triumph". It was truly awesome.
Much more could be added but just a note to honor the Lord.
If there was a "different Jesus" there, he didn't stay long because Jesus the Christ, the Son of the Living God was there to meet with the Church.!

Russell

2011/8/7 8:29Profile
carters

Australia

2011/8/7 14:39Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Jesus Culture Awakening 2011 ***Concerned

We see deception on a grand scale in these days and I believe the majority of evangelical Christendom at least in the West has given way to false teaching, false conversions, false signs, false whatsoever in one form or another. There will be only a remnant left and this remnant will be thoroughly tested and refined in the furnace of affliction. Do not be ignorant, what happened to the Jews will happen to the Christians in like manner.

The apostasy of the last day is foretold in many places in the bible. It will look compelling, attractive, and genuine on the surface. It will become mainstream.

2. Tim 4:3 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Thessalonians 2
8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

All of those who do not love the truth will be ultimately caught up by the counterfeit. The counterfeit works so to say as God's garbage truck. Jesus said:

Luke 17
37And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

These eagles (or vultures in other transslations) are evil spirits that feed on rotten flesh. They feel on carnally minded Christians.

The counterfeit gains control when people do not rightly discern between Spirit and soul. Because they do not hold the whole truth in high regard but make allowances for their sins they mix up soul and Spirit and the result will be an increasingly distorted and disfigured Christ. At last the antichrist will be revealed and will be worshipped instead of Christ.

Do not marvel when many here on SI are of different opinions on these topics. Do not get into arguments but rather pray. Even the correct arguments will make them more furious. People need to have a revelation by the Spirit of God. Years ago I would have bashed those discerning voices as religious bigots. God dealt with me thoroughly in a time of affliction and after my repentance gave me revelation of what is going on all around Christendom.

I personally have left not a few meetings in anguish where the counterfeit was presented. They all thought that the Holy Spirit was present in the meeting.

2 Timothy 3:12-14
12Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Good old T.Austin Sparks talked about that in 1969, see
A Final Shaking
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=31

2011/8/7 19:04Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

From A.W. Tozer - In Pursuit Of God - The Life of A.W. Tozer

A major concern of Tozer's was the lack of spirituality among professing Christians of his day. He zeroed in on its primary cause. "I am convinced," he wrote, "that the death of great saints in this day....is due at least in
part to our unwillingness to give sufficient time to the cultivation of the knowledge of God." Speaking about the frenzied pace set by religious leaders leaving no room for unhurried reflection and meditation, he cautioned, "Our
religious activities should be ordered in such a way as to leave plenty of time for the cultivation of the fruits of solitude and silence."

It is time, O God, for Thee to work, for the enemy has entered into Thy pastures and the sheep are torn and scattered. And false shepherds abound who deny the danger and laugh at the perils that surround Thy flock. The sheep are deceived by these hirelings and follow them with touching loyalty while the wolf closes in to kill and destroy. I beseech Thee, give me sharp eyes to detect the presence of the enemy; give me understanding to see and
courage to report what I see faithfully. Make my voice to like Thine own that even the sick sheep will recognize it and follow Thee.

A.W. Tozer April 1897 - May 1963

2011/8/7 21:02Profile
Cooksta

Re:

Perhaps people should look at some of the reviews of people like Bill Johnson's books. Here is a link to a review from Pastor Bob Dewaay of Johnson's book, "When Heaven Invades Earth": http://apprising.org/2011/07/05/an-invasion-of-error-a-review-of-bill-johnson%E2%80%94when-heaven-invades-earth/

These people are dangerous, deceptive, and manipulative. They teach things that sound "christian" and yet the fruit is not.

Having people on this board doubt someone's deliverance etc is silly. They say, don't look at the youtibe videos etc. We listen to his sermons, and his books and the error is seen within by those with discerning eyes. The videos and quotes are merely the icing on the cake.

I was not completementary about Bill Johnson on my blog recently and I got comments telling me to not touch God's annointed (how can he be if he teaches things in opposition to the Word). I even had some comments which were so bad, I could not approve them (just this afternoon, one comment contained vulgar language directed at myself!!). That fruit is evidence of the desperation of these people to hold onto the fallacy of many of the teachings of Bethel and associates.

Avoid Bill Johnsons etc and do yourself a blessed favour!

Bless you all...

2011/8/7 22:06Profile
brothergary

Re:

i spend more time reading then posting on this site

you know brethern one thing i have noticed ,,

is some people are doing exactly what they are saying there brothers are doing

we have some people critasising the one they call the critic
basicly calling them witch hunters

do you realy think that this behavor ,is an better ,then others pointing out who they belive false teachers

i can only see a great contradiction in that behavour

i see not justafictaion in that what so ever

there opinion is we must watch out for certain named false teacher

and others have a,voiced opinion that these shoud shut there mouths and that being there opinion

thats all brethern ,,may god bless us with desernment

gazzer

2011/8/8 5:08Profile
Aussiedler

GERMANY

Re:

by their fruit you will know them...

I f we apply this scripture, then it gets real clear. What is the fruit of all this critizing in the name of "discernment"?

the fruit is FEAR.

If you look around on this board, you'll see it: People are full of fear:

- Am I allowed to go to this event?
- Is it OK to read this author?
- Can something happen to me, if I listen to xy?
- may I get some demons, when I listen to xy?
- May I get unclean, if I go to that church?
- one brother is constantly warning others, they can get a demon, if they go to jesusculture, etc...
(but Jesus walked around many demon-possessed people and they couldnt do anything to him...)

This is all FEAR in religious disguise.
Here are people, that are so full of fear. In fact they are all believing more in what the devil could do than in Gods protection.

In the love of God there is no fear. So when we are full of fear, then we are not walking in the love of God. If we are not walking in the love of God it is very easy to critisize.

The bible says, that fear is a spirit that is not from god. so this is a very evil fruit that comes out of this. By their fruits YOU WILL KNOW THEM. There's nothing more to say about this. Either you obey the Word of God or you don't. The Word of God makes it clear, that this is NOT A GOOD FRUIT. So will you continue to do this? Then you willingly participate in sin, even if you give it a "godly name" liek "discernment". If the fruit is fear, it is not "discernment" or "apologia", it is sin.

2011/8/8 5:40Profile
browny

Re:

Hi Sherid,
Did you receive my PM to you?
Shalom,
browny

2011/8/8 6:29Profile
brothergary

Re:

i hope idont sound to fearfull , because that is not the case ,,,,,
but brother aussiedler , your accusing others now as well with that post ,, now your saying there are false brethern in this fourm ,,,,you are doing exacly what you imply others are doing to this ministry , can you see that

that is called hipocracy brother

i just felt i would point that out, to one of my fellow country men

hey bro are you from queensland , or new south wales

2011/8/9 2:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy