SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : False prophets

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Satan needs a few good men to transmit false doctrine. Much of the time they are very sincere and believe what they are teaching. That is why it is called "deception".

Peter was sincere and God sent Paul to straighten him out.

Julius

2011/8/2 10:20

Re:

Peter was not teaching false doctrine. He was teaching one thing and acting another. He was a hypocrite, not a false teacher.

Krispy

2011/8/2 11:19
Renoncer

Re:

Removed by poster

(The Holy Spirit compelled me to...)

2011/8/2 11:54Profile

Re:

"Peter was not teaching false doctrine. He was teaching one thing and acting another. He was a hypocrite, not a false teacher."

The comment on Peter was in regard to Enoch's humility in admitting that he was wrong. Peter was rebuked, publicly, and responded in a way that could only have been directed by the Spirit, especially when you consider Pater's nature. Just as an aside Krispy, it was a doctrinal matter, but this is not what this thread is about.

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they did not walk uprightly with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before all, If you, being a Jew, live as a Gentile, and not as the Jews, why do you compel the nations to judaize?

In the context of Galatians 2 and especially Gal 2:4 , this was certainly a doctrinal matter, enough to call a council over it, the first council ever. Yet again, and back to the original posters question, there is a difference between doctrinal differences, interpretations and a false prophet. One can be wrong doctrinally and not be a false prophet, which is what Enoch so humbly alluded too................brother Frank

2011/8/2 12:09

Re:

You are correct that it was a doctrinal matter. Peter had taught the proper doctrine, but he failed to live it out 100%. With one group of people he taught it and lived it, but with another group of people he hid it and lived opposite.

:-)

There is a difference between a pastor who teaches something that can be debated, and has been debated for centuries... and a pastor who preaches against orthodoxy. And we all change in our theology over time. Thats called growth and sanctification.

As for so-called "prophets"; if you presume to speak for God with a "thus says the Lord" then what comes out of your mouth had better be 100%.

Krispy

2011/8/2 13:03
jimp

Re:

hi krispy, you hit it on the head... i had a couple weird things the Lord led me to speak and one took 25 years to come to pass. i repented of this for many of those years for it had no logic to it at all.i told a pastor of a small church that if he would continue to send people out to bless other churches around the city.God would bless him with a church in the south and inthe west.that was 40 years ago when multi campuses was unheard of.it has come to pass.

2011/8/2 13:41Profile

Re:

Well, thats not really what I was talking about.

I'm saying that my theology evolved and grew over the past 10 years. When we're babes in Christ we say all kinds of ignorant things... and as time goes by and we grow up in the Lord and gain more understanding into scripture we begin to speak from knowledge and not from ignorance.

I wasnt speaking of prophecy. People come here and lay out these loooong prophecies that the Lord is supposed to have given them... "things will wax worse and worse" and so on and so forth... and I bite my tongue because my usual reaction is "Duh! Thats what the Bible says! We're already told that!"

Krispy

2011/8/2 14:38
carters

Australia

2011/8/2 18:56Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Sherid,
I read your testimony...all I can say is that God was/is merciful to you and for that we can praise the LORD!

"When I first heard a Christian warn me, I laughed them off, thinking to myself that they were a Pharisee and judgemental and so I opened myself up to the teaching that I was warned about."

Nothing new about this...

"I guess what I am trying to say is that there are many who judge others for trying to discern when it is a necessary gift to use."

Absolutely true.

If we would only take heed to the red flags that pop up, we could spare ourselves a lot of grief. Too many times we argue with the voice that is within and go our own way to our own hurt.

God bless you for sharing, Sherid.

ginnyrose

2011/8/2 20:14Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Sherid,

I am going to be praying for you. Please pray for me as well. I live by Redding and was also caught up in what Bethel had to offer. I was delivered from it by God. Praise his name. We must be discerning. These are perilous times. I am so thankful that Jesus is coming back soon to establish his everlasting kingdom that will smash Satan's kingdom of darkness, like a Rock smashes a brittle clay statue.

Peace in Christ,

Travis

2011/8/2 21:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy