SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I need some prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

I need some prayer

I would like to ask those who are willing to pray and ask the Lord to give me some direction. There have been a lot of changes in my life over the last 12 months.

I've never considered preaching before. Have no idea if the Lord is leading me in that direction... but all of a sudden... I am open to it if He so chooses to lead me down that path.

Never been open to it before.

So I ask for folks to pray that the Lord would reveal His will for me in this area.

Krispy

2011/7/30 7:42
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: I need some prayer

Krispy,

I am wondering - are you seeking a position or have you been asked? How is the opportunity presenting itself?

God bless.

ginnyrose

2011/7/30 22:38Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re: I need some prayer

I'm willing to pray, brother. It's a very serious undertaking. Not one to be entered into lightly, as you well know.

As for all the changes in your life over the last 12 months, I'm not surprised. It's happening with all believers. It's a time of preparation for us all. All that can be shaken will be shaken. Just keep your eyes on the Prize, keep Him in the center, and persevere.

2011/7/30 22:51Profile
mama27

Re:

Praying....

2011/7/31 0:32Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

Praying also brother,-
andy

2011/7/31 0:49Profile

Re:

Ginny... no opportunity to actually step into something. I have been given an opportunity to learn and be taught with the idea being that perhaps this would lead into something more. One of the callings our church has is to raise up men who would go and plant other churches. I kind of fell backwards into the training thats going on. At first I just wanted to learn more, but the more I learn the more I find myself asking "Lord, is this something that I need to consider?" (meaning a preaching ministry)

Krispy

2011/8/1 11:49
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Krispy,

Just thought I may need to explain my question. It could be understood as a challenge and maybe it is - depends on your frame of mind.

There are people in our community that will say they "will go into mission" after experiencing a financial loss. And they do. The financial perks are quite attractive... Krispy, there is something wrong with this mindset, IMHO. It just does not compute.

Given the times we are in, people out of work will make themselves available for 'missions' expecting others to provide them with financial support. And they do.

This is why I asked the question...I hope you know me well enough to not have taken offense ... if God is calling you, He will provide you with the opportunity. God bless.

2011/8/2 14:16Profile

Re:

Oh... no offense taken, and you may be right.

As for me the thought of being called into the ministry is actually a bit disconserting, not attractive. It would be a huge financial risk for my family and I, especially where it concerns health insurance. Yes, I recently experienced a job loss, but the Lord provided a new job almost immediately. Granted, it's not a permanent job yet, but it could be quite easily.

So I am actually coming at this from just the opposite angle than the one you brought up.

Krispy

2011/8/2 15:36

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy