SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hearts of Love and Eyes with Tears

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Hearts of Love and Eyes with Tears

I wrote this awhile ago and was reading through it and realy felt that I should share it.

Hearts of love and eyes with tears
A short article by Jesse Morrell

In the day and age in which we live we have a great deal of things. Many of us have nice jobs which provide for our nice homes and our nice cars. We have lovely little churches on every corner that work tirelessly to accommodate our weekly social needs. Yet in a day of such physical prosperity, there is much spiritual bankruptcy. How many of those who go to church on Sunday are also at the club on Fridays? Let us get honest. We have hearts of sin and eyes of lust but I am telling you that the Lord is calling us to have hearts of love and eyes with tears!

Jesus wept over that which He loved and He weeps for us today because we are not weeping for ourselves. How can it be that our hearts are not in torments living in this mad world where the single greatest threat to an unborn child is its own parents? How do our hearts not ache over the thousands of souls who have yet come to even an understanding of the gospel? May our hearts fill with the love of God and may our eyes flow with the tears of God! May we be the open channel in which God can transform the world! I have soaked myself in many tears in public and private. Even while preaching open air I have cried in front of those perishing souls who are heading for the wrath of a Holy God. But it is going to take more! Forgive me for being the one who says it but whatever we have been doing hasn’t been working.

In the early days of the Salvation Army certain women tried everything they could and labored every way they knew how to until they finally were on the verge of quitting their work all together. Then William Booth sent them two words: “Try tears.” They did and they saw revival. Church lets try the one thing we haven’t yet tried. Lets finally do the one thing we've been avoiding. Let’s try tears. Wake up! Is it possible that the only reason your own neighbor hood is going to hell is because you’ve been sleeping when you should have been weeping? Come on let us answer the question.

Make sure you hear me correctly: if anyone should have secrets it’s Christians. Let the hypocritical showmen do as they please parading themselves all around. They have their reward. But let us live secret lives of prayer which is known only to God. It is the private prayers of the Saints and not the public ministries of the showmen that deliver souls from death. I don’t believe in making promises that I can not keep and neither does God. You have God’s promise that if you sow in tears, you will reap in joy. Let’s take God up on the deal.

2004/12/15 5:03
Tears_of_joy

Re: Hearts of Love and Eyes with Tears

Brother, this is so true said!
There is a time when I cry about perishing souls around me, but I want that to be constant! I think constant will be if we are in constant fellowship with our Lord's heart! If we take time everyday to hear His heart, there we will find love, tears...everything that Lord wants to have in us, we just have to go, must to go in the secret with Him, to know Him more and more!

“Oh, to realize that souls, precious, never dying souls, are perishing all around us, going out into the blackness of darkness and despair, eternally lost, and yet to feel no anguish, shed no tears, know no travail! How little we know of the compassion of Jesus!"
-Oswald J. Smith

2004/12/15 5:51Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Quote:
Let’s try tears. Wake up! Is it possible that the only reason your own neighbor hood is going to hell is because you’ve been sleeping when you should have been weeping? Come on let us answer the question.

This is where i want to grow in, get to know Him more, that God can share His Heart and Toughts with me, then i shall share in His tears.

but i cannot make tears of my own, i believe that only God can give these tears. Our main objective is, our private time, private prayer with Him, and when you seek Him digently and honestly, He shall show Himself and "rewards" us, by showing His Heart. (Heb 6:11)

Tears not of our own

Tears flowing like waters,
Tears of sorrow, grief and pain,
Tears for the lost and the time i slept.

Tears of repentance for my wasted time,
Tears of love for Him,
Tears of despair to learn Him more.

Tears from Heaven Above.
Father God, Your Son Jesus wept,
Oh God i'm crying out, let me weep with You!!

2004/12/15 7:09Profile
redirection

Eindhoven, The Netherlands

I many times wondered. I know tears are needed and a real heart for souls.
But we cannot fake this. Sometimes I experience tears in a certain way, but many times there are no tears. I experience sometimes a coldness and distraction in different ways (work, family + 2 kids, desire for amusement, etc.)

How can I keep the tears and the heart burning?

L. Ravenhill also spoke about W. Booth's answer: Try tears. I even made vows to pray for certain things. But I see many times I cannot keep the vows. Or I keep the vows, but I only pray cause its the vow, without passion.

I several times read 10 points for a burning heart of A W Tozer. It really helps, but it seems I cannot really break through in a new dimension. What I mean is. For a while my heart is burning. I listen to sermons and read books and articles. But after a while some weeks or months the passion, or maybe it was emotion, is gone. And the decay starts.
Maybe God wants to test my true motivations?
Maybe something else?

I hope this is clear.
Is anyone familiar with this experience?
Or has any tips or advice?

Greetings

Lee

2004/12/15 11:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy