SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : PRAYER FOR NORWAY SURVIVOR

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mama27

PRAYER FOR NORWAY SURVIVOR

I have a friend who is Norwegian and has extended family in Norway. A young man (family member), Jorgen, was at the youth camp, and one of the survivors of the tragedy there. He survived by jumping into the water - thankfully he is a very strong swimmer and swam 1-1/2 miles to the mainland, saving another young person by carrying them on his back. Praising the Lord for that, but my friend says he is in mental anguish, not being able to sleep or eat. Also he has lost a number of very close friends and is understandably quite angry.

If the Lord leads you to pray that God would heal his heart, and use this for His glory in Jorgen's life. I don't know that he is saved. I will not have frequent updates so please don't feel burdened by this request, but just pray if the Lord brings him to your mind. Thank you so much!

2011/7/27 11:51Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: PRAYER FOR NORWAY SURVIVOR

Amen Mamma. Praying for all in this horrific ordeal. Come Lord Jesus, come.

2011/7/27 16:15Profile

Re:

Heart breaking, mama. Yes, will pray with you all for him and his family.
Hard to imagine such an ordeal and anyone taking it "easy" afterwards.
GOD have mercy.

2011/7/28 11:53

Re:

Our prayers are with your friend.

2011/7/28 11:57
mama27

Re:

I had lunch with my friend today and so was able to ask about Jorgen....He is eating, but still in torment and unable to sleep. And the funerals of his close friends had started. The family are not Christians - how could you make it through something so HORRIFIC without the Lord??!! May this be used to turn them to Him.....And I thought he was in his 20's - he was only 17. Thank you so much for those who have prayed.

2011/8/6 0:00Profile
mama27

Re:

I know this story has disappeared in the news, but I just wanted to share a quick update for those who prayed for Jorgen after the Norway shooting. I had lunch again yesterday with my friend - she said that he is back in school but that the trauma was so bad that a counselor attends each class with him. For a period of 2 weeks or so, the townspeople were attending 2 or 3 funerals PER DAY! And yet I fear that even that doesn't awaken some people to eternity.
Also, Jorgen's mother has an eye condition in which she is losing her eyesight. Perhaps God will break through in this one family. Having met some of the extended family, I can say that they are a very strong and stoic people - hard to admit a need for God I suppose.....Thank you to those who have prayed...

2011/10/1 20:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy