SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : which study Bible to buy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

which study Bible to buy?

I am looking to get more in depth into the scriptures with a study Bible. I currently study the NASB. My church uses the ESV and a friend who I meet with uses the ESV study bible. I'm looking for help deciding which study bible to buy since there are differences between them in doctrinal views. Thank you saints

2011/7/26 10:07
TELowe

Columbus, OH USA

Re: which study Bible to buy?

I use the Thompson Chain Reference KJB. Ran me about $70.00 but it's worth every penny.

http://www.amazon.com/Thompson-Chain-Reference-Bible-KJV-Charles-Thompson/dp/0887073301/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311690920&sr=8-1

2011/7/26 10:36Profile

Re:

While I am a "KJV-Preferred" man, I bought a Reformation Study Bible (ESV) from Ligonier Ministries (RC Sproul) about 8 months ago... and I absolutely LOVE it. It's great for helping you to learn and see God's sovereign hand throughout the Bible.

I know I know... I used to argue on here against reformed theology. What can I say? God has a way of revealing Himself and changing people! I am now very much "reformed".

Krispy

2011/7/26 11:16
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I've got a KJV-NLT parallel translation that I love to snuggle up with. I'll minister from it too, giving the faithful KJV rendering and then the easily-colloquilized NLT verse, which I find safely, accurately and dynamically captures the core of the sleepy Jacobean text.

Great resource.

2011/7/26 12:51Profile

Re:

Ummm... snuggle up with?? Did you really just say that, dude? lol

Krispy

2011/7/26 13:18
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Ya, I'm a softie, what can I say. My wife will tell you. Got to humble ourselves somehow, right? And I'm a big crybaby too.

:)

2011/7/26 13:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I've got a KJV-NLT parallel translation that I love to snuggle up with. I'll minister from it too, giving the faithful KJV rendering and then the easily-colloquilized NLT verse, which I find safely, accurately and dynamically captures the core of the sleepy Jacobean text.

I slept with my bible in the bed last night with my hand on it. We must not fall from our first love, the scriptures are either exceedingly precious to us or they are a necessary duty. I am currently using the new NIV 2011 translation and am finding it very edifying and readable. It only was $30 for a great quality bible that I hope to use over at least the next 1-2 years.

2011/7/26 13:44Profile

Re:

How about those Bears...

Krispy

2011/7/26 13:49

Re:

Quote:
I slept with my bible in the bed last night with my hand on it. We must not fall from our first love, the scriptures are either exceedingly precious to us or they are a necessary duty.

...of course you know I agree with this 100%. :-)

Krispy

2011/7/26 13:50
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Thompson Chain Reference is one of the best. It seems to be non-sectarian. Love it!

2011/7/26 14:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy