SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Institue for Scripture Research

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Veronica226

Montana

Institue for Scripture Research

Our next door neighbor had this Bible: http://www.isr-messianic.org/pubs/hrv.shtml and my mom saw it and thought it was interesting.

Does anyone know anything about the ISR or this Bible? Is it Biblically based or not?

2011/7/25 23:54Profile

Re: Institue for Scripture Research

Hi Sis. The HRM are believers in going back under the O.T. Law - though they don't stone their children to death if they're disobedient, etc., it's a bit much more Law than many of us feel is included under the New Covenant.
One can't help but notice that the Greek text is avoided as well.
The Bible that they're offering is slanted toward the HRM's beliefs.
Some old friends had one of these versions.
In their case, they became more and more Jewish orthodox and finally disowned Christ altogether, much to the dispair of their two little girls that loved Yehoshua.
Not saying that reading ths HRM Bible will necessarily do that to anyone else, but Gentiles becoming suddenly Jewish and taking Paul more & more out of context is rough enough.

His Peace to you & yours!

2011/7/26 14:38
Veronica226

Montana

Re:

Hi Jesus-is-GOD,
Thank you for the info!
I did a little digging and that's the conclusion I came to as well. Though it was really hard to find info on the organization or the "author/translator". I read somewhere that even some messianic Jews were criticizing it. I warned my mom against it.
Again, thank you.

2011/7/26 14:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy