SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The rise of Hadrians's wall and the fall of America

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Renoncer

Re:

Brother Frank,
I understand, and I agree with Lysa as well that we need to minister wherever we are.

I guess the Lord has put this burden on my heart, and I can't quite shake it off.

Moreover, I am tired of hearing people say that we ought to do something, and then sit down without doing anything. Just a few weeks ago, I heard a preacher give an excellent sermon on the need to evangelize and get out of our comfort zone. After the service, I went to speak to him, wanting to support his vision. I told him that was a great sermon and I asked him what he planned to do. He looked at me with a blank stare... as though saying, "What do you mean? I'm quite comfortable the way it is." I tried to relate to his sermon, but then he just ignored me and started talking about the weather to the guy behind me over my shoulder.

I have heard quite a few good sermons, but just that... nothing more. People talk, but when it comes to action... there's always a good excuse. I am sick of this hypocrisy.

Well, that's what's on my heart. It's like a fire and the more I try to keep it in, the hotter it becomes. Anyways, I've said enough for now. Thank you for the weblink.

Renoncer

2011/7/26 18:26Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

If that is how strongly you feel, brother, then you need to read this book to see what you are willing to do: Bruchko

http://www.amazon.com/Bruchko-Astonishing-19-Year-Old-Adventures-Christianizing/dp/159185993X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311721306&sr=1-1

God bless you in your obedience,
Lisa

2011/7/26 19:06Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Hi Lysa,
Thank you for the book. I had never heard of Bruce Olson before.

Yours in Christ,
Renoncer

2011/7/26 19:15Profile

Re:

Hi Lisa,

Sister I have had some email contacts with Renoncer and his heart burns with the desire to evangelize the moslems abroad. Some people have that calling. But then you are also correct. We have the world at our doorstep. In the 2 times I shared the gospel with moslens God has bkesses it. I guess it boils down to being faithful where we are at. Blaine

2011/7/26 19:26

Re:

"I guess the Lord has put this burden on my heart, and I can't quite shake it off."

Brother, when the Lord puts a burden on someone'e heart they're not going to shake it off. Fearlessly follow Him and you will never go wrong, and if you cant fearlessly follow Him, follow HIm anyway aND Jesus will deal with the fear as it is laid at His feet. God bless you brother and may He use your passion for His glory.........brother Frank

2011/7/27 12:45
Renoncer

Re:

Brother Frank,

Thank you for the exhortation.
Renoncer

2011/7/27 14:15Profile

Re:

Personally I want to see that crumbling wall in my rear view mirror. Now where is that great cloud of witnesses?

2011/7/27 16:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy