SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : We must bring back manufacturing to the United States

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

We must bring back manufacturing to the United States

Good article about China playing us for fools:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=320941

2011/7/25 0:19

Re: We must bring back manufacturing to the United States

Can you explain more exactly what you mean by "China"? What of "China" is playing "us" for fools?

2011/7/25 1:09
rookie

Re:

God blesses the nations where ever true believer's in Christ are found. Likewise, just like Israel who fell away from the Lord, we are being made foolish now as Israel was then.

2011/7/25 5:12Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Since I can't pm you this, I'll just say it here... I believe that God put this administration in to see if having the christian's pocketbook affected would make them cry to Him like His children did in Egypt. But I only see people getting MORE politically instead of MORE holier.

God help us to HUMBLE ourselves (repent and fast) for God to change it. We shouldn't sit by like Jonah did waiting for it's destruction, expecting it and watching it go to hell in a hand basket.

God help us all,
Lisa

2011/7/25 7:02Profile

Re:

Hi Lisa,

Amen my sister to your post. Hey could you please send me your email address. I would love to stay in touch with you. I always enjoyed your encouraging pm's. My email is [email protected]

Blaine

2011/7/25 8:29

"For if you truly amend your ways and your deeds, if you truly execute justice one with another,if you do not oppress the sojourner, the fatherless, or the widow, or shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not go after other gods to your own harm, then I will let you dwell in this place, in the land that I gave of old to your fathers forever.

"Behold, you trust in deceptive words to no avail. Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, make offerings to Baal, and go after other gods that you have not known, and then come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, 'We are delivered!'—only to go on doing all these abominations? Has this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, I myself have seen it, declares the LORD."

Jeremiah 7:5-11 (ESV)

2011/7/25 8:50
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Well...Endzone, perhaps you can start the process in your corner. There are many mom/pop businesses in the USA that are making it on their own. A lot of manufacturing started small and with time got bigger. Like Jayco: it was started by one who decided to build RVs in his barn and succeeded. And this is just one. (I mentioned Jayco because I know these people.) This is just one example and there are many others.

To work independently involves risk, long hours and a dream - one that will surely get challenged as time goes by but one that is sustained by Faith, the knowledge that this is the work God has appointed for you to do.

Too many Americans have become lazy, slothful expecting others to do the creativity for them. People have become so used to entitlement programs which killed personal initiative to be creative and take these risks. Higher education has played a huge role in this process: it just prepared folks to work for the other guy instead of going out on your own and trying something.

Our country was developed by people who took risks, knowing that if they did not do it they will fail, they will go hungry. They had drive and were not afraid to work. Too many folks today eschew work because they consider it too tiresome. Or, are just plain lazy.

People that have been reconciled with the LORD receive an urge to work and God blesses them.

My point? Don't blame China.

2011/7/25 10:24Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Ross Perot was right. That giant sucking sound was our jobs going overseas. I voted for Ross because I believed in the principles he stood for. But he really didn't have a chance against the mainstream Dem vs. Repub political establishment.

Watch this and tell me if he wasn't right on the mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkgx1C_S6ls

2011/7/25 11:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy