SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Debunking the 'Ape Man' at the Creation Museum

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Debunking the 'Ape Man' at the Creation Museum

A year in the making, the "Ape Man" exhibit was dedicated this week and joins some 160 other exhibits that illustrate a literal interpretation of the Bible.

"There are and always have been – since the sixth day of creation recorded in Genesis – apes and humans. But there never have been any 'ape-men' as part of an evolutionary process," said Ken Ham, founder of the Petersburg, Ky., museum, in a statement Thursday.

read more: http://bit.ly/pYXEMt

2011/7/23 15:45Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: Debunking the 'Ape Man' at the Creation Museum

Just got back from there :)

2011/7/23 15:52Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Praise the Lord brother. I hope to visit again also at some point!

2011/7/23 15:56Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

I learned not to go on a Saturday...lol

The highlight of my trip was the book store.

Not surprising...lol.

2011/7/23 16:04Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

I used to live there and still have not been there...:/

Perhaps one of these days though!

2011/7/23 20:48Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

It's an awesome place.

2011/7/24 1:03Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Before I could ever say and amen to this I would have to know that these facts can be backed up. I think christians can be too fast to praise something at face value without investigating the quality of something. How much quality of facts is there in this museum? I am just asking.

2011/7/24 7:46Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

www.answersingenesis.org

2011/7/24 11:42Profile
Compton

Re:

AIG and the Creation Museum are managed by really genuine (and talented) people. I've known a couple of the people there many years before there was talk about a museum; their private faithfulness towards scritpure was always solid, and in public their testimony and character towards other people was equally solid. This is not a business to these men...it's a calling!

I haven't seen their particular Ape-man exhibit, but I have seen an exhibit on Lucy the Australopithecus at the Field Museum in Chicago. Honestly, I wished I had my children with me, because the exhibit was a great example of how to design a sensory experience to provoke not only imaginations, but also emotions. There was as much imagineering and religous sanctity in that exhibit as any I've seen at the Creation Museum. The low awe-inspiring spot lights on the bone fragments, the hushed quietness visitors were encouraged to show as they approached the holy relics, and the artists rendering of the flesh and blood form of our supposed noble ancestor...it was all very moving!

Now I know more and more Christians these days are disowning a literal 6 day creation, but one thing I've noticed about young earth creationists...because they don't comprimise their beliefs about Genesis, they don't comprimise their beliefs elsewhere in scripture either.

Which is why I agree with Hulsey about their bookstore...it's not often you find Puritan and Spurgeon books next to geology and astronomy books!

MC

2011/7/24 16:43Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

DEADn

I would encourage you to explore that link I posted. That is the organization that runs the museum.

2011/7/24 16:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy