SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Challenging thought...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi all

I've enjoyed the responses on this post and the question to ponder. I personally think that there is a different kind of persicution in the western world, one that is more subtle and hidden in it's aproach. I read once of a christian who was in afganistan years ago who lived through daily persecution and when he came to australia he warned that we were asleep to whats going on with the enemy he felt sorry for us as we as a nation couldnt see what was before us. I think the enemy is the same in every country just different stratigies against the saints. being an ex-soldier my self, i would prefer an enemy that i could see in my sites rather then an assassin hidden with poison that i can not see. I think the western world is under huge attack as laws are being change and the massive decline in moral reasoning. but the thought entered my mind what if all of a sudden in the western world that a gun was pointed to our head with the question "deny Christ or Die" how many would recieve the bullet. Just my own thoughts on the post.

2011/7/24 10:19Profile

Re:

Anen, Julius, Amen.

2011/7/24 12:14
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Crusader, one of the many teachings that seems to be consistent on SI from a great many of those who have there sermons archived here deal well with the gun/bullet theory. When put to the test will one deny Christ? Should our attention be on a one time denial that we will most likely never face or should it be gauged by our daily obedience. If one would deny Christ in the small things of day to day living, and then at some point in the future be faced with this life or death question, will their confession offset the daily denial that had become common practice? I imagine Ravenhill would have had a field day with this proposition don't you?

2011/7/24 16:56Profile
Jessi

Ephrata PA

Re:

Thanks all for the thought-provoking responses. In reading over all, I was challenged in one area (among many): we don't have very much persecution here in America. That's a fact most of us cannot deny. But then the obvious question that arises: why?
I have to question myself, does MY life shine the radical grace and salvation of Christ, in such brightness and glory that the world is startled? Shocked?
Too often I think the world has nothing to fear in our lives. We're not caught up with God. I can't help but think that if we lived lives that were startlingly real with God, that we might find more persecution than we bargained for.
Just my thoughts. Not trying to condemn anybody or make any strong statements - just walking with you all for the Goal!

2011/7/24 17:49Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Lylewise

i agree totally with what you say, i personaly have had to face many things and deny myself everyday. Some of these things (as a man reasoning) i would have rather faced death then to have gone through but it was my hope in Christ that got me through and knowing my position in Christ. The only person who see's my persecution is God and they have been counted as the marks of him. In saying this that is my race that i may run that one day i have run a good race and go home to the Lord. I believe and have heard the testimonies of many Godly saints in the western world that go through hard things because of their faith. The persecution is their againgst anyone who has Christ because the world hates him. I supose it is more about what we see and what we dont. I do feel for my brothers and sisters who suffer in the flesh and by no means can i fatham what they go through.

2011/7/24 18:48Profile

Re:

It has to start with us (me) crusader. We have all been lulled to sleep by false doctrines which promote false security and false peace.

Jer 6:13 For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.

Jer 6:14 They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Jer 6:15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

I think we are in for unprecedented suffering and turmoil. It would be God's grace and mercy for us if He would turn us back to Him.

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

But they said, We will not walk therein.

Julius

2011/7/24 19:09

Re:

It has to start with us (me) crusader. We have all been lulled to sleep by false doctrines which promote false security and false peace.

Jer 6:13 For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.

Jer 6:14 They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Jer 6:15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

I think we are in for unprecedented suffering and turmoil. It would be God's grace and mercy for us if He would turn us back to Him.

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

But they said, We will not walk therein.

Julius

2011/7/24 19:11

Re:

Hi Jessi,

Sister I do not sense condemnation or any strong statements from you. If anything those of us who have posted to your thread are asking ourselves the same questions you are asking.

2011/7/24 22:35
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Julius21

i do agree, i think these are good posts to chew the cud on. :)

2011/7/24 23:04Profile

Re: Persecution in America

Reedited....

We see a darkness that is sweeping over the land. There is an increasing acceptance of immorality that would have been unthinkable even 10 years ago. Even the church has been corrupted, evangelical churches. In my day it was the traditional liberal churches that were goofy on the fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man. Now so called evangelical pastors boast of their immorality from the pulpit. Divorce and homosexuality are alright. Islam is cool. We call it chrislam. Oh and please don't speak of that persecuted church thing. Might drive the people off.

I point the above out because for the faithful follower of Christ in a disobedient church they will be persecuted. I have heard too many heart fetching stories of saints who have taken a stand for righteousness in their churches and they have been persecuted. I am sure that many of you can relate in this forum. I suggest the persecution the Christian will see in America will come from the established church.

And then there will be the society that will persecute the believer because they will not acknowledge the antichrist, you know the great god of political correctness.

Jesus did say blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness. For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Paul said that those who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. Knowing this is s fact may we be counted worthy to suffer for Jesus.

Posted by Blaine Scogin

2011/7/25 9:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy