SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Revival Starts with the Bible - Karen Jones, Bible Study Magazine

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Revival Starts with the Bible - Karen Jones, Bible Study Magazine

Greg Gordon experienced society’s dark underside at an early age. While his high school peers were worried about making grades and prom dates, he was lost in the despair of drugs, dropping out in a desperate search for clarity. “I was trying to find something … anything with meaning,” says the 30-year-old creator of SermonIndex.net, who “hit bottom” at age sixteen in his parents’ Toronto home in 1995.

“I was sitting in my room when I saw a small Bible given to me years ago in summer camp. I randomly turned to a page—it was Romans 3:23: ‘For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.’ It hit me. I read it again and this time I saw ‘For Greg has sinned and come short of the glory of God.’ I fell to my knees and prayed. I knew I needed salvation but felt I didn’t deserve it, but God was with me and His peace flooded through me. That was fourteen years ago, and it has radically changed my life.”

Since coming to Christ, Gordon has finished high school, acquired a certificate in desktop publishing from George Brown College in Toronto, studied theology at Calvary Chapel Bible College in California, and worked at the University of Toronto before starting SermonIndex.net in 2002.

The inspiration for SermonIndex was reading Leonard Ravenhill’s book Why Revival Tarries. Gordon was so taken by Ravenhill’s emphasis on biblical revival that he contacted the late evangelist’s estate and was given permission to post 12 of his sermons on the Internet.

read more: http://bit.ly/qZ6IAm

2011/7/20 22:51Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Revival Starts with the Bible - Karen Jones, Bible Study Magazine

Great article to read.

The word of God does revive us, such as no one or nothing else can.

Doesn't it tell us that the word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart, Heb 4v12?

And so it is.

God bless.

2011/7/21 4:47Profile

Re:

Does anyone wonder why the persecuted risk their lives to own a copy of the precious word. I read stories of older saints who have never had a Bible..They recieved one through Open Doors or Voice of the Martyrs. They will weep and hug and kiss that Bible. They read and relish the word of God. What does this say to us? Personally I am convicted that I do not love the word near enough.

2011/7/21 10:13

Re:

Jeremiah 15:16
16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts.

2011/7/21 10:18

Re:

Amen.

2011/7/21 11:33
Joyful_Heart

Re: Revival Starts with the Bible - Karen Jones, Bible Study Magazine

Awesome testimony Brother Greg. Thanks for sharing this. Most of us have been in despair and turned to the things of the world to find comfort. Glory to God for His Word, for His passion of love and forgiveness for us. It keeps us humble with a thankful heart for who He is and His greatness.

May we always humbly stay at His feet with pure adoration and with a thankful heart for who He is, what He has done, what He is doing. All glory to Him.

He is glorified here at SI.

Your a true blessing dear Brother and we appreciate you and your heart for our Lord, the church and the lost.

May the Lord continue to guide, bless and with His sweet love for you continue to bring deep revelations of Himself to you as you continue to abide in Him.

2011/7/21 11:53Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I enjoyed reading this article! It is amazing to see where God brought you from and where you are now. Thanks for sharing it, Greg!

2011/7/21 12:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy