SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A queston

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

A queston

Legend says that on the eve of the communist revolution in Russia the Russian Orthodox Church was having a debate. It was said they were debating how many angels could dance on the head of a pin. I don't know who won the debate. The communist were too busy killing Russian Orthodox Christians.

So what, you say, just a story. As we debate which is the most pure translation of scripture or is God 2 persons, do you hear that call to prayer 5 times a day? Do you perhaps see a mineret out your window? Just a question.

2011/7/17 17:05
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: A queston

martyr,

I see, hear and feel your question. And you know, even with you saying that, it will stir up others to begin a debate here. Don't ask me how that happens, but it does.

As for the threads which you refer to, I don't even bother to read them myself. What for? Where is the edification, or the challenge to lead a godly life?

God bless.

2011/7/18 4:16Profile

Re: Hi Enid,

Well said, my sister. Still I hope that little post may cause sone, inuding myself to think. Blessings to you. Blaine

2011/7/18 12:24

Re: Enid a ps

I know there are some threads that build up and edify. We just have to hunt for them. Some of the Devotional threads have been good. Lord willing. I will keep my own post short, sweet, and simple. Blessings to you, Enid.

2011/7/18 12:38

Re:

Enid,

The manner of your questioning is pleasing, at least here.

As far as whether God is two persons,currently the vagueness remains until the conclusion of that matter. . .if there can ever be one; but, it's like jimp says, "if you are able to define God, your God is too small."

That thread was intended to encourage readers to take active interest in searching scripture to better acquaint themselves with the true character and nature of God.

It was not designed to make anybody mad or outraged; but, rather to help with a clearer picture about God's revelation of Himself as revealed through the scripture.

Personally, i have only been able to go so far in this understanding, then step back in awe and worship.

Currently the purpose of this thread is to tear down illegitimate conceptions and replace them wih a scriptural basis.

After that mission is accomplished, it's hoped all of us together can move towards a clearer revelation from God's word greater tahn any of us individually has come to.

The responses to your Q,from personal perspective of many threads participated in seem to indicate two things most recognizably:
--many come here with the intent of this being an entertainment forum or to be bibbed and spoon-fed.

There is no wrong in this as long as we share in what we have walked in along the way. Sure there may be rebuke and correction; but there is also encouragement and exhortation.
Anybody who chooses one over the other has a lopsided perspective of this faith(fulness) in our Lord Jesus.

Still remaining a bit vague:
No God is not two persons and he certainly is not three. God is one (in both senses of the Hebrew words for one).
(What was just stated will probably confuse, so check it out in your local Bible and find what was just meant.)

That thread was intended to make us all (myself included)consider and recognize God for who He says He really is and not simply accept the machinations of theosophers whose assumptions step beyond the revelation of scripture.
(God calls such assumptions idolatry.)

God bless you all
in your quest
as long as you
sojourn this dirtball.
g'day!

Love, Hope, and Faithfulness,
gregg

2011/7/18 18:52

Re:

martyr and Enid,

The manner of your questionings is pleasing, at least here.

As far as whether God is two persons,currently the vagueness remains until the conclusion of that matter. . .if there can ever be one; but, it's like jimp says, "if you are able to define God, your God is too small."

That thread was intended to encourage readers to take active interest in searching scripture to better acquaint themselves with the true character and nature of God.

It was not designed to make anybody mad or outraged; but, rather to help with a clearer picture about God's revelation of Himself as revealed through the scripture.

Personally, i have only been able to go so far in this understanding, then step back in awe and worship.

Currently the purpose of this thread is to tear down illegitimate conceptions and replace them wih a scriptural basis.

After that mission is accomplished, it's hoped all of us together can move towards a clearer revelation from God's word greater tahn any of us individually has come to.

The responses to your Q,from personal perspective of many threads participated in seem to indicate two things most recognizably:
--many come here with the intent of this being an entertainment forum or to be bibbed and spoon-fed.

There is no wrong in this as long as we share in what we have walked in along the way. Sure there may be rebuke and correction; but there is also encouragement and exhortation.
Anybody who chooses one over the other has a lopsided perspective of this faith(fulness) in our Lord Jesus.

Still remaining a bit vague:
No God is not two persons and he certainly is not three. God is one (in both senses of the Hebrew words for one).
(What was just stated will probably confuse, so check it out in your local Bible and find what was just meant.)

That thread was intended to make us all (myself included)consider and recognize God for who He says He really is and not simply accept the machinations of theosophers whose assumptions step beyond the revelation of scripture.
(God calls such assumptions idolatry.)

God bless you all
in your quest
as long as you
sojourn this dirtball.
God bless us everyone.
g'day!

Love, Hope, and Faithfulness,
gregg

2011/7/18 18:55

Re: A queston

Back in 2011 I posted this thread when I was new to the forum. Then my handle was Martyr. Now carried by soneone else. I opened up this thead with a story or parable if you will. I will tell it again on light of current events.

On the eve of the Bolshevik Revokution the Russian Orthodox Church was said to be debating a very important question. One in which the outcome of all eternity would hang on. The question was how many angels could dance on the head of a pin. I do not who won the debate. The next day many Russian Orthodox beluevers were spilling their blood for Jesus.

I ended the original OP as asking do you hear the Islamic call to prayer?

I see history repeating itself in this forum. While some of our brethren are debatimg that all important question. You oniw the one on which eternity hangs on. Has The Church Repkaced Israrl. I wonder who will win that debate?

Probably won't natter as believers are being martyred for their faith in Christ in Anerica.

But them probabky no one has any idea of what I write here.

My thoughts

Bearmaster

2015/12/5 18:10

Re:

Blaine

While I agree that the question of how many angels could dance on the head of a pin is of very important eschatological significance one may say that almost
all the other topics in this forum are of equal (and much less) significance when compared to believers being martyred.
And if that is the case then what would be the point of discussing anything else.

2015/12/5 19:37

Re:

Blaine, you may be surprised but I agree with the Rev. This is a discussion forum open to many topics. I know you aren't trying to appear spiritually snobby and the things happening in the world are really bothering you. I do understand.

With that said, I don't hear any major media mentioning that the party in San Bernadino was a CHRISTMAS party. HELLO!!

I may be wrong, if I am, I will be happy to stand corrected.

I think there were some Christians possibly martyred.

We need to really intercede for the President. Why? First because his soul is precious, and second because he has an incredible influence in the Muslim community and the Black community.

1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Tim 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Paul wasn't gung-ho to be a martyr. He said intercede for "kings" and all who are in authority "SO THAT we may lead a quiet and peaceable life..."

Mr. Obama's influence is great and he sends clear messages to some and mixed messages to others. He ordered the space agency to take as a primary mission outreach to muslims. He refuses to recognize radical islamic terrorists. He said, “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam” and “The sweetest sound I know is the muslim call to prayer.” The FBI has called San Bernardino the second largest islamic terrorist massacre since 911 and our President refuses to call it what the FBI calls it. These are very bad signs and only bolster the radical islamic extremists and put many more Americans and Christians in danger of martyrdom.

I see where a another terrorist incident happened in the subway of England.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/624571/machete-attack-Leytonstone-Syria

These will continue to happen if mixed signals are sent out which enable these people to do heinous acts.

We should not have leaders implicitly encouraging bad actors by giving coded "shout-outs" to them or looking the other way or watering their actions down. This is not a good recipe for "leading a quiet and peaceable life".

2015/12/5 20:58
proudpapa

Re:

Bear,

I think you relieze that most, if not all of the posters on this forum feel that the "Day of the Lord is drawing nearer"

How these end times events might play out is of much interest to many of us, and of much concern that many professing christians will be greatly decieved.

2015/12/5 22:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy