SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Bible verses nobody wants to see.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mikey2

Re:

UntoBabes,

That's too hard to read.

Check your quotes you are missing a forward bracket somewhere.

Quote:
should be

Mike

edit - looks better now.

2011/7/20 17:37Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Any one can quote some interesting things God does, which seems to put the blame on God. The context will show the reasons: Man's stubborness and rebellion. Get the context brothers and sisters.

2011/7/20 17:41Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Does "nobody" want to see this reality about our human condition, because it confronts our understanding of "love"? Judgement is regarded as the antithesis of love when really it is the expression of love: "I am a jealous God..."

God loved Job and used Satan to teach Job about himself. In the following Scripture we also find that God brings this upon man so that man might turn to Him...

Job 33:19 "[Man] is also chastened with pain on his bed, And with strong [pain] in many of his bones,

Job 33:20 So that his life abhors bread, And his soul succulent food.

Job 33:21 His flesh wastes away from sight, And his bones stick out [which once] were not seen.

Job 33:22 Yes, his soul draws near the Pit, And his life to the executioners.

Job 33:23 "If there is a messenger for him, A mediator, one among a thousand, To show man His uprightness,

Job 33:24 Then He is gracious to him, and says, 'Deliver him from going down to the Pit; I have found a ransom';

Job 33:25 His flesh shall be young like a child's, He shall return to the days of his youth.

Job 33:26 He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him, He shall see His face with joy, For He restores to man His righteousness.

2011/7/21 12:55Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Any one can quote some interesting things God does, which seems to put the blame on God. The context will show the reasons: Man's stubborness and rebellion.

It is less painful to attribute all bad things to Satan. Then we never have to face ourselves, or the painful reality that our loving God can hurt. Yet we must ultimately realize that God is the one who could have prevented the effects of judgment on humanity (including the desensitization to judgment!).

Note Psalm 42/43. This psalmist is in despair because of what seems to be the effects of judgment on the land. Enemies have invaded. They are mocking him saying, “Where is your God?” This causes the psalmist excruciating humiliation and mortifying agony. Yet the psalmist does not see the enemies as his biggest problem. God is! And so he complains to God, saying, “Why have you forgotten me? 42:9; Why have you rejected me? 43:2 But he pours out his complaint with unwavering faith and hope: “You my God are my stronghold”…. “For I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God.”

I have often heard that God would never let anything bad happen. That contradicts numerous scriptures. When God is not regarded as the author of judgment, then his mercy is meaningless – and his salvation through Christ loses its intended relevance.

If you extract divine judgment you also extract divine grace. The two can never be severed from each other.

Nobody can handle the full reality of divine judgement without having a vibrant hope in God's grace.

Diane

2011/7/21 20:23Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"It is less painful to attribute all bad things to Satan. Then we never have to face ourselves, or the painful reality that our loving God can hurt. Yet we must ultimately realize that God is the one who could have prevented the effects of judgment on humanity (including the desensitization to judgment!). "

Isa 5:1 Now let me sing to my Well-beloved A song of my Beloved regarding His vineyard: My Well-beloved has a vineyard On a very fruitful hill.

Isa 5:2 He dug it up and cleared out its stones, And planted it with the choicest vine. He built a tower in its midst, And also made a winepress in it; So He expected [it] to bring forth [good] grapes, But it brought forth wild grapes.

Isa 5:3 "And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem and men of Judah, Judge, please, between Me and My vineyard.

sa 5:4 What more could have been done to My vineyard That I have not done in it? Why then, when I expected [it] to bring forth [good] grapes, Did it bring forth wild grapes?

Isa 5:5 And now, please let Me tell you what I will do to My vineyard: I will take away its hedge, and it shall be burned; [And] break down its wall, and it shall be trampled down.

Isa 5:6 I will lay it waste; It shall not be pruned or dug, But there shall come up briers and thorns. I will also command the clouds That they rain no rain on it."

Isa 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts [is] the house of Israel, And the men of Judah are His pleasant plant. He looked for justice, but behold, oppression; For righteousness, but behold, a cry [for help].

These did not receive the love of the truth...

Sis writes...

"I have often heard that God would never let anything bad happen. That contradicts numerous scriptures. When God is not regarded as the author of judgment, then his mercy is meaningless – and his salvation through Christ loses its intended relevance."

These people believed this in a past generation...

Isa 28:14 Therefore hear the word of the LORD, you scornful men, Who rule this people who [are] in Jerusalem,

Isa 28:15 Because you have said, "We have made a covenant with death, And with Sheol we are in agreement. When the overflowing scourge passes through, It will not come to us, For we have made lies our refuge, And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves."

Isa 28:16 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily.

And...

Isa 30:9 That this [is] a rebellious people, Lying children, Children [who] will not hear the law of the LORD;

Isa 30:10 Who say to the seers, "Do not see," And to the prophets, "Do not prophesy to us right things; Speak to us smooth things, prophesy deceits.

Isa 30:11 Get out of the way, Turn aside from the path, Cause the Holy One of Israel To cease from before us."

Isa 30:12 Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel: "Because you despise this word, And trust in oppression and perversity, And rely on them,

The Holy One of Israel is the stumbling block for those who do not receive the love of the truth...

2011/7/23 11:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy