SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Errors In The King James Version?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
savedtoserve

Re:

Amen, Approved.

2011/7/16 10:12Profile

Re:

Quote:
No lover of God's Word can take the Message Bible seriously.

As much as I find topics of this nature unprofitable, I will agree with this.

2011/7/16 10:12
sarahsdream

Re:

It is always profitable to study an accurate Word.

I agree The Message is not profitable. Of course, God can use anything. What I mean is for prolonged accurate study, it is not profitable. It would be like studying my version of geometry (I am terrible in math).

Sarah

2011/7/16 11:08Profile
sarahsdream

Re: Errors In The King James Version?

This is an interesting article on William W. Combs and Revelation 17:8.

I appreciate this author straightening things out. This is definitely a subject where you have to be willing to dig.

http://textus-receptus.com/wiki/Article:_Revelation_17:8_%22the_beast_that_was%2C_and_is_not%2C_and_YET_IS%22_by_Will_Kinney

Sarah

2011/7/16 11:39Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I will agree to disagree with those who say this topic cannot be edifying to anyone. I believe articles like the one I posted are necessary sometimes to defuse extreme and divisive views on the part of some Christians.

I see too many believers that get caught up in KJV-only and it is grieving to me to see them get so hateful or contentious toward others who use NKJV, NIV, NASB, etc. (not the message Bible).

I almost got caught up in that trap of the enemy and the article in the OP was helpful to me in not allowing me to get in that bondage. Again, one of the kinds of believers I had in mind was those that are studying and struggling with this issue of Bible versions.

It really is an unreasonable argument which KJV-only folk present. The evidence is crystal clear that NO English translation is perfect, only the prophets and apostles were moved by the Holy Ghost to pen down the Word of God perfectly without any error whatsoever(2Peter1:21)

If you prefer to use the KJV only that is perfectly cool with me and I will not look down on you. But please stop looking down on your brothers who don't prefer the KJV. It is unreasonable and of the flesh to have that attitude against your brother for whom Christ died.

Again, my hope and prayer is that KJV-only believers would stop demeaning believers who don't hold their view on this issue. Let's stop the unreasonable division when it comes to this matter.

2011/7/16 11:57Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

sarahsdream, why does he only point out Rev.17:8, why not the many other "errors" addressed in the booklet? could there be an unreasonable bias? just saying.

2011/7/16 12:00Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Oracio,

You said

Quote:
Again, my hope and prayer is that KJV-only believers would stop demeaning believers who don't hold their view on this issue. Let's stop the unreasonable division when it comes to this matter.

Have you forgotten you were the one who brought this up? Take the beam out of your own eye before you complain about the one in someone else's eye.

white stone

2011/7/16 12:01Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Hi Oracio,

He does deal with all of them and more. But I only wanted to address one as I thought it would be easier on the readers.

He has a website and you can google Will Kinney.

With love,
Sarah

2011/7/16 12:09Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

savedtoserve said:

Quote:
Simple living, you're trying to separate Christ from the Bible and it will never ever work. You can't have one without the other.

I can't figure out why everyone assumes that a discussion like this must be filled with hate and hard feelings. We're not trying to bring out anyone's good or bad, just trying to discuss what the truth is.

I'm not separating Christ from His word at all. I'm separating Christ from men and the works of men. His word will endure forever.

Those who copy and translate the Bible are humans and humans do make mistakes. Can we still trust the Bible? Absolutely. Even with differences and errors, they are 99% in agreement with each other.

The Bible is just as much God's word today as it was in the original manuscripts.

If what I said in my post is true...
Quote:
Is our faith, trust, hope and salvation in the Bible or in Christ? God is mighty and has protected His word for thousands of years. He gave us the Holy Spirit to be our Guide and our Teacher. Surely, this is enough. God is fully able to protect, guide and teach His children who love and seek Him in His word, no matter which translation they end up with.

... then what is the possible fruit of this thread?

That's why this argument has no lasting value. It neither edifies nor glorifies. I didn't say the discussion was hateful. I'm saying the tone of the discussion reads like an argument. We're on a public forum where many other people read these conversations and to many, this issue is a stumbling block.

Perhaps your discussion would be better suited to PM's?

ETA: The reason I quoted the Message Bible is to show that the essence of the point I was trying to make is the same in every translation. I was not endorsing the Message Bible as anyone's sole translation for study. But, even the Message Bible isn't without it's benefits.

I said what I had to say and will leave it at that.

2011/7/16 12:28Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
Have you forgotten you were the one who brought this up? Take the beam out of your own eye before you complain about the one in someone else's eye.

not so. I noticed the heat and contention in at least one other thread before I posted. I got tired of KJV-only folk trying to bully around other believers with their dogmatic view on this. It is mostly the KJV-only folk who start putting down other versions. What I am saying here is, "Look, the KJV is not perfect either, so don't cause division over this."

2011/7/16 12:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy