SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : divorce and remarry?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
keepingfaith

Re:

You asked why pastors allow divorced remarried people in their church and perform these sinful ceremonies. I guess for the same reason some let same sex couples in...they ignore scripture. God tells us that most are false teachers and few are true. The sad hypocrisy is most who approve of remarriage do not approve of homosexuality and would turn them away or tell them to repent.

Titus 1 gives the reason... it says they teach things they should not teach and tear apart families for the sake of sordid gain. They love those unscriptural tithes.

2011/7/20 22:15Profile
keepingfaith

Re:

Sorry for duplicate post my phone is messing up and I cant figure out how to delete a post

2011/7/20 22:15Profile

Re:

You "holier than thou" types are busy behind your computer screens. Just in the interest of full disclosure, I'm 54, and I've never been married. I also dated a girl for a year and even though she was divorced I felt like she was another man's wife.

But I wonder if you pharasee types are completely right. It's easy to hide behind your keyboard and proclaim how holy you are on this subject.

http://www.divorcehope.com/canchristiansremarryafterdivorce.htm

2011/7/21 2:08
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Sad...

2011/7/21 6:57Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: divorce and remarry?

As to the original post, part of the problem lies in that it was started by a one post Charlie (agitator) (probably someone we all know and love but has underlying issues about divorce and remarriage).

Read the second paragraph:

---“Do God's commandment(standard) not permission(human standard or hardness of people's heart) about divorce and remarry...” ---

It starts off as an innocent question but meanders off into statement against it… (And by the way, where are all you died in the wool grammar folks when you need them?!! LOL)

--"Remember also Pharaoh, God "hardened" his heart.. it is the same with people(hardness of their hearts) about marriage, no matter what God's commandment people will still do divorce and remarry even without the permission. Hardness of their heart is sin, Pharaohs hardened heart is sin, both God allowed it. therefore remarry is sin."--

I believe that a hard heart is what causes divorce. But I’m trying to understand your logic… let me see if I have this straight… since God caused (let’s say), your spouse to have a hard heart and not you and a divorce ensued, God will punish you as well as the hard hearted one? I definitely do not agree with your logic of the Scriptures at all.

But God bless you anyway, whoever you are!
Lisa

2011/7/21 8:09Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

you know I'm gonna throw my two cents in here. First off

Endzone...you may be 54 but your actin like a 12 year old..."are they hot"..."you holier than thous"...get a grip guy repent of your proud heart. as to your link 'Divorce Hope' they said "This Scripture could not be talking about forbidding to marry in general. Nobody would listen to such nonsense preached." They must have never heard of the Shaker's. I don't really care what you or they have to say. I care what the Lord says.
Now I'm in a situation where divorce is going to be the outcome. She filed, her heart is hardened. But the sad part is not her leaving me its her hardness of heart to the Lord.
Jesus said "But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Ok so how do you justify marriage to a divorced person. Its adultery.

Oh and as for the escape clause "saving for the cause of fornication"....married people do not commit fornication. They commit adultery. This was talking about the time between "engagement" until marriage. Remember Joseph when he found out Mary was with child? He being a just man sought to put her away (divorce)privately. But the Lord directed him other wise. What God has joined together let no man seperate....not judges, lawyers, hard hearted spouses. If thats they biggest cross I have to bear in this life I feel blessed. Hey I could be some place where they took my children, my home , my life. He who does not take up his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me....Its not about our happiness. Its about Him

2011/7/21 9:10Profile
keepingfaith

Re:

What does believing the Word of God have to do with being “holier than thou?” Trust me I know what a hard pill it is to swallow, but who am I to argue with God? Isn’t that what “believing” means?

The Pharisees were the ones who wanted to use the law to divorce…they were the ones who wanted to stone the adulteress. Not my position.

Those who divorce (or endorse it) appear “holier than thou” when they judge a spouse for their short-comings, and show no mercy. This takes an extremely prideful (not to mention hard-hearted) heart. It is the epitome of hypocrisy for a divorced person to say “don’t judge me for judging my spouse.”

We “holier than thou’s” believe in forgiveness and redemption. We don’t believe adultery is the “unforgivable sin” and we can divorce for that reason and use someone else’s sin to justify our own. True humility sees the person through God’s eyes and loves them with hope, the way Hosea loved Gomer even after all her harlotry. Didn’t Jesus say not to cast stones unless we are without sin?

I’m sure you’ve heard of the Apostle Paul who was Saul… no one is beyond redemption and no marriage is beyond redemption when at least one spouse is willing to remain faithful and obedient. Paul says “how do you know o wife whether you will save your husband?” True faith believes “with God all things are possible” and “nothing is too hard for Him.”

It shouldn’t be too much to ask for us to lay down our lives for our spouse if they are in rebellion, after what Jesus did for us…

1 John 3:16
“We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.”
Matt 16:25
“Whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.”

2011/7/21 10:24Profile
keepingfaith

Re:

Lisa said:
"since God caused (let’s say), your spouse to have a hard heart and not you and a divorce ensued, God will punish you as well as the hard hearted one? I definitely do not agree with your logic of the Scriptures at all."

Did God not predestine that Jesus would be crucified? Did He not MAKE His OWN SON suffer and cause all those people to turn against Him?

The Bible is full of righteous people suffering at the hands of the wicked. What does God mean when He says it is better to suffer for doing what is right than to suffer for doing what is wrong?

1 Peter 2
"For this finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God a person bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly. For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH..."

Job lost everything but his life was restored even more. It says the Lord brought all that evil upon him. There is a purpose in suffering...the Bible has lots to say about it. It is not God "punishing" the innocent party.

The true prophets in scripture were all hated and rejected, their lives were not peachy, they endured much tribulation. Was God punishing them?

2011/7/21 10:36Profile

oh no.

2011/7/21 11:57
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

I've heard this quote more than once.

"God is more concerned with our holiness, than our happiness."

2011/7/21 14:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.