SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Reward of Silence by Madame Guyon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

The Reward of Silence by Madame Guyon

You are now ready to know about another aspect of prayer that I will simply call the prayer of faith and stillness.

After you have been meditating in the Word and praying it out to God for some time, you will gradually find how easy it is to come into His presence. You will remember other Scriptures with less difficulty. Prayer has now become easy, sweet, and delightful.

You have now found, dear one, the true way of finding God and that His "name is as ointment poured forth" (Song of Solomon 1:3)

Now, I want you to pray a little differently. You must now begin to use your faith and courage without being disturbed at the difficulties you may encounter.

First, as soon as you come in the presence of God, remain in respectful silence for a little while.

Remain there in His divine presence without being troubled about a subject for prayer. Simply enjoy God.

When you feel a release, you may proceed in prayer. If, however, there remains a tender tug at your Spirit to simply stay quiet in His presence, by all means do so. Cease all activity, lest God's presence is diminished by your activity.

Then I would recommend to all of you, when you have finished in prayer, remain a while longer in respectful silence.

Seek nothing from God during these quiet moments except to love Him and please Him. A servant who places diligence in his work only for the reward is unworthy of any recompense.

Then go to your place of prayer not only to enjoy spiritual delights, but simply to please the Father.

It will keep your spirit in tranquility and consolation.

Madame Guyon

2011/7/13 23:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy