SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : In Israel, diggers unearth the Bible's bad guys

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 In Israel, diggers unearth the Bible's bad guys

At the remains of an ancient metropolis in southern Israel, archaeologists are piecing together the history of a people remembered chiefly as the bad guys of the Hebrew Bible.

The city of Gath, where the annual digging season began this week, is helping scholars paint a more nuanced portrait of the Philistines, who appear in the biblical story as the perennial enemies of the Israelites.

Close to three millennia ago, Gath was on the frontier between the Philistines, who occupied the Mediterranean coastal plain, and the Israelites, who controlled the inland hills. The city's most famous resident, according to the Book of Samuel, was Goliath — the giant warrior improbably felled by the young shepherd David and his sling. ..

read more: http://bit.ly/r4KZ2E

2011/7/9 8:58Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: In Israel, diggers unearth the Bible's bad guys

While it may feed someone's itching ears, the wording in the above article is completely worldly and offensive to my eyes and heart.

Why you would encourage us to 'read more' is something to consider.

Quote:
The city's most famous resident, according to the Book of Samuel, was Goliath — the giant warrior improbably felled by the young shepherd David and his sling. ..

im·prob·a·ble (im probÆÃ bÃl), adj.
not probable; unlikely to be true or to happen: Rain is improbable tonight.

2011/7/9 9:40Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

What cracks me up is many people will believe the rot of secular journalists filled with doubt, while ignoring the Bible which archaology proves to be true over and over.

Thanks Greg for posting the interesting article. I was not offended but found it of interest.

2011/7/9 12:43Profile

Re:

I think it's great that they have the freedom to do the digging!

Archeology is very important to biblical science, knowledge.

2011/7/9 20:31

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy