SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Where is Jesus Christ??????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: SolaVeritas

Brother sorry if I misunderstood your post. Do appreciate your balance. By the way trying to be more careful in my spelling on these post.

2011/7/14 11:56

Re: MrBillpro and Whitestone

My friends I have been as conciliatory in this thread as I possibly can be and have tried to abide by the protocals of this ministry. I have tried to treat with respect those who have taken issue with me and weigh their views before the Lord. I am.treating both of you with the same respect that Christ would want me to give you. I assume we have been saved by his marvelous grace and to walk in his love.

I assume when you speak of self-righteous, spoiled Christians you meant me. I believe you implied I was a Pharisee. I will not answer those allegations. But I felt the things that you said violated Eph.4:29. If you take issue with me that is one thing. But let's have a spirit of dialogue and leave the insults at the cross. May God richly bless you both. By the way. I am not your enemy but your brother in Jesus. The devil is our enemy. Please get angry at him. Not me your brother in Christ.

2011/7/14 12:30
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
by martyr I assume when you speak of self-righteous, spoiled Christians you meant me. I believe you implied I was a Pharisee. I will not answer those allegations..

Nope, there you go assuming again, I will only say if the shoe fits, I did not call any names, nor was I calling out anyone on this forum period. I was speaking of "some" Christians in general, martyr, you should not be so fast to condemn yourself or others. My post was just to show how I felt about this whole thread in general. Like you, I posted my opinion, and I did not use any "scripture" in general as any defense of my opinion. Sometime I feel God just wants us to use our good old wisdom he has given us, and I was just using my wisdom, because what I said was meant to be an opinion, not Biblical.

2011/7/14 12:56Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

by martyr,

Quote:
My friends I have been as conciliatory in this thread as I possibly can be and have tried to abide by the protocals of this ministry. I have tried to treat with respect those who have taken issue with me and weigh their views before the Lord. I am.treating both of you with the same respect that Christ would want me to give you. I assume we have been saved by his marvelous grace and to walk in his love.

Amen.

Should we really be taken aback by this brother's skeptism regarding this upcoming event? Didn't George W. Bush claim to be a devoted follower of Christ while being a member of skull and bones secret society? Doesn't Obama claim he is a Christian and does he not go to a protestant church? Should we just take everything at face value with all the darkness and confusion that goes on these days in the political arena? Let's give this brother some slack in his sincere desire to be faithful to God and His Word.

2011/7/14 13:08Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
by Oracio Should we just take everything at face value with all the darkness and confusion that goes on these days in the political arena?

Or, one could ask should we just stereotype every politician?
If so, we are really getting into total judgmental waters, yes sometimes good judgement is needed, but do we all just start living in total judgement of others because of a few bad apples? Maybe, just maybe, the devil is trying to keep us in judgment of others to keep us confused, we all know who the master of confusion is, right?

2011/7/14 13:21Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
Should we really be taken aback by this brother's skeptism regarding this upcoming event? Didn't George W. Bush claim to be a devoted follower of Christ while being a member of skull and bones secret society? Doesn't Obama claim he is a Christian and does he not go to a protestant church? Should we just take everything at face value with all the darkness and confusion that goes on these days in the political arena? Let's give this brother some slack in his sincere desire to be faithful to God and His Word.

Amen, Oracio, very well said.

2011/7/14 13:30Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

No one judged "this brother." It appears 'this brother' reads this forum on a cellphone and also has a vision impairment problem. Any judgment is perceived judgment on his part.

I find Brother MrBillPro's post edifying and take exception to anyone picking it apart.

You are so quick to ask us to give 'this brother' some slack, why not the other brother, too?

white stone

2011/7/14 13:40Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

White_Stone, with all due respect, I found MrBillPro's post to be very demeaning of martyr and others who disagree with jumping to quickly on the bandwagon of this event. So I felt led to post something to encourage martyr or any others who disagree. We can disagree all day but let us keep it respectfull. That's all I'm saying. Now, if you disagree with this post that's perfectly okay with me, we can agree to disagree with no hard feelings :)

2011/7/14 13:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I know I do come across to some folks a lot different than most here, I am just different that's all, but I still Love the Lord just like you all do. I know I don't normally use 50 scriptures to back up my opinions, matter fact you will find very few scriptures in any of my posts, but just because I don't use a lot of scriptures in my posts here, doesn't mean God is not using me in a different way to get a message across. I know God does speak to us through scripture, but are we going to scripture first and then posting, or are we posting and then finding scripture to back up our opinions? Yes, I am a little rough around the edges and have never been known to be timid, but if I ever do hurt/anger anyone here by my post, it's usually because they don't know me, and I will apologize. I know some here have not seen a history of my posts to know were I am coming from.
Were all in this together, and trust me most of you long timers here know this forum needs a lot more edifying of each other, but I also understand we are human, and when we get bent it's hard to fire back with an edifying post of the one that bent you. If any of you knew me personally, and some here I have had the pleasure to have phone conversations with, you know my heart, and not just from cyberspace. Again, we must remember God is using us "ALL" here, and also remember he designed us all differentially, for different times and different purposes. Bottom line is, thank God he is using this forum, and thank God he is using so many of us in so many different ways, some with a lot of knowledge of scripture, some with a lot of wisdom, some rough, some timid, and some as peacemakers, and some as warriors, this combination makes this place a place, well were the devil knows is covered by the blood, and he not dare enter.
God Bless
Love You!

2011/7/14 14:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
by Oracio..... White_Stone, with all due respect, I found MrBillPro's post to be very demeaning of martyr and others who disagree with jumping to quickly on the bandwagon of this event.

Well, just call me an old fire and brimstone "non denominational" Preacher. I just find that the timid nature of the Church today, is why the Church is in the state it's in. No we don't have to be outright mean, "and I wasn't" but I do feel it's time to speak up or just shut up. Why don't we all just wait and see how this Prayer thing plays out, why do we have to jump on the "judgment bandwagon" before this event has even happened? May be a lot of folks eating crow after it all said and done. To be honest with you, I hope there is a lot of Christians that sit in judgment of an event such as this before it's happened, eating a lot of crow. Meaning I hope and Pray this plays out as a Godly event, not a political event, of course I am an optimistic Christian, rather that's a downfall or not I don't know, but it's always helped me in my relationship with the Lord.

2011/7/14 14:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy