SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Where is Jesus Christ??????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Where is Jesus Christ??????

It is to be commended that Gov. Perry of Texas is calling forth a day of fasting and prayer for our nation. But I must pose some questions. Is Gov. Perry a Christian?? What I mean is does he hold to the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ??? Does he believe in the person and work of Jesus Christ???? Saints these questions need to be asked because the proclaimation is callong on Americans of faith. Are we to conclude he is targeting evangicals? Probably so. But is a Mormon, or JW or Moslem not a person of faith???? They would say they are. Dies not a Hindu or Buddhist fast and pray???? In Gov. Perry's mind who are the people or Americans of faith???; I submit that God will only hear the prayers of those who believe in Christ. If Gov. Perry is a believer in Jesus why was the proclamation not issued in the name of Jesus Christ directed to the followers of Christ??? Saints caution. Satan is decieving many through the likes of Glen Beck who is a Mormon. If a person is not open and clear about their allegiance e to Christ then we should steer clear of them. This is a time that calls for a bold clear witness of who Jesus Christ is. When one listens to Billy Graham.or his son Franklin there is no question where they stand on Jesus Christ. As the old writers used to say....What think ye of Christ Jesus????

2011/7/8 10:40
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Where is Jesus Christ??????

I must say, when I heard about this call to a day of prayer and fasting, it meant little to me.

The reason is, it is for a person of faith, not necessarily Christian, to call on their 'god'.

If a muslim, buddhist, hindu were to call a day of prayer, to whom would you expect them to be praying to?

The same with anyone who calls for prayer, and does not profess Christ.

On the surface, it seems, shall we say, ok?

But, dig a little deeper, and what turns up is not so ok.

2011/7/11 3:44Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

Its all positioning for a run for the white house by Perry. The gullible "christian" community will see him as a man of faith and vote for him. If this were gathering to "heal" America and call on God there would be a proclamation to repent......"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."....notice the turning from their wicked ways preceeds the Lord hearing. Take note Gov. Perry. If your a true man of faith lead this nation in repentance

2011/7/11 6:36Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

Martyr, you can write him and ask him, literally.

His proclamation is a right step forward in the right direction even though every aspect may not be what it ought to be. Of course it's easy to pick apart what he did, but I'm glad for anyone willing to recognize that this nation is going DOWN fast, and that a humbling of ourselves is necessary for God to work.

I'm not sure of his motives, so I can't speak to that. But I will say, "Praise the Lord for SOMEONE in leadershp responding Biblically."

When you look at how deep in sin this land is steeped in, it's almost a miracle that this would even happen. I don't think Satan would have put it in his mind as it goes directly against him.

2011/7/11 9:16Profile

Re: Savedtoserve

My friend I have heard the same reasoning used by evangicals who attended the Glen Beck rally in Washinton DC last year. When these people were confronted with the fact Beck was a Mormon they said he was moving in the right direction. He spoke about God, the Bible, and the Constitution. Not one word about Jesus Christ. Yet how many evangelicals were decieved at that rally. My post is not to criticise the governor of Texas but to warn the saints to be careful. Satan does not fight fare. He decieves. One way is to disguise himself as an angel of light. Satan hates Christ. The name of Jesus Christ is anathema to Satan. My question why is Jesus Christ not mentioned in the proclamation. I agree the country is in sin. But it is the believers of Jesus Christ as found in the church that call men men to repentence and faith in Christ. Not political leaders. Also the issue must be JESUS CHRIST. Prayer and fasting are not done in a vacuum but done as unto JESUS CHRIST. Without the LORD JESUS CHRIST at the center of our prayer and fasting there will be no revival.

2011/7/11 22:06

Does the person have to be a Christian for any of us to give heed to a proclamation from the Governor?

Are we so religious that we can't be reminded to seek God with prayer and fasting?

So what if the Governor didn't say it in Jesus name, what difference does it make to us. We demand so much from the world and the world owes us nothing.

I reject the idea that "God only hears the prayers of those who believe in Christ", that is a false statement.

God will hear anyone who will cry out to Him seeking His help and He will reveal Himself to him.

Even if a Mormon Governor called the people of the land to seek God, it is no sin for us to give into such a decree seeing that this land is in need of someone who will stand in the gap and make up the hedge. We know who Jesus is, the Muslim may not, the Mormon may not, but we do, and I myself would have no trouble setting aside a few hours each day to pray for the governor that God will open his eyes even if a proclamation came from the Governor to seek God with prayer and fasting. There is no law that forbids this type of action on our part, let us be thankful that someone is recognizing that something is wrong to make such a request.

Lets stop being so religious, so traditionally tight that we can't allow God to move through anyone He chooses to move through.

Please Love Me.

2011/7/11 22:27

Re: Approved

You say that my statement God only hears the prayers of those who believe in Christ is a false assumption. Can tou please show me that from scripture? Aso how is naking Jesus central in all we do religiou? Otbis a relationship he calls us into.

2011/7/11 22:50

Re:

Quote:
Aso how is naking Jesus central in all we do religiou? Otbis a relationship he calls us into.

First of all brother, your typing so fast that your tripping over your work. I encourage you to re-read your posts before submitting correcting any errors, it will help others understand what your conveying.

Here are your scriptures. When you read these verses please keep in mind that I have no care whatsoever in being right and appearing right in this forum. You asked a question I am answering it using the scriptures. How they are interpreted or received is entirely up to the person reading them. With that, peace.

John 9:30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
Acts 10:1 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,

Acts 10:2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. (not a believer in Jesus at this time)
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2011/7/11 23:16
savedtoserve

Re:

Of course everything will not be how it ought to be. I'm choosing to look on the brighter side, and you're looking on the darker side. God still honors those who honor Him, however feeble their attempt may be.

2011/7/11 23:21Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Strange that no one seems to have noticed the following. This is from the website theresponseusa.com

Quote:
As a nation, we must come together and call upon Jesus to guide us through unprecedented struggles, and thank Him for the blessings of freedom we so richly enjoy.

I would have been more comfortable had the Governor called Jesus also Christ and Lord and I don't know how true a follower of Christ this man really is, but when you look at the response from the media, they accuse him of such things as "not fostering unity" on the very basis that this event does not include everyone. Secular critics seem to understand very well that this is a purely Christian event.

The way it looks to me the Governor's statement also speaks of repentance:

Quote:
I sincerely hope you’ll join me.....(in)asking God’s forgiveness, wisdom and provision for our state and nation. There is hope for America. It lies in heaven, and we will find it on our knees.

Perhaps he does not have entirely selfless motives but I'm wondering if we are not being over critical? God can use this for His purpose.

Luke
9:49 “Master,” said John, “we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us.”
50 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”

Personally the problem I see with all this is not that Jesus Christ is absent (he's not entirely), but the lack of understanding that it may no longer be in God's plan to turn things around (There is hope for America?). The countdown has begun...but that's a whole other disputable matter.

2011/7/12 1:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy