SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : The Hollyhock

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

The Hollyhock

There is a little corner of my patio where nothing seems to want to grow. Every thing that I have planted there dies, so this spring I thought I would just leave it barren.

One day, while pulling weeds, I noticed a little plant growing where nothing had really grown before - so I decided to leave it and see if it would grow, even though I had no idea what kind of a plant it was.

Later, my friend told me that the little plant was a hollyhock. Today there is a beautiful flower growing where nothing had grown before. It is taller than me, and covered with beautiful red blossoms.

The LORD knew what He would have to grow in that little spot, and as in all things, His selection was perfect.

Oh how I love my LORD Jesus!

2011/7/8 3:52Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: The Hollyhock

Dear HeartSong,

Thank you for sharing this. It is good to hear things from your perspective.

I love to find 'volunteer' plants. The other day I found a peanut plant and an okra growing in the ground of the front yard garden (which has not been planted for 2 years). The okra had 2 pods on it. The peanut plant had about 6 peanuts on the roots.

Hollyhocks are a flower of my childhood. Using toothpicks my grandmother showed me how to make little dolls of them. I don't remember how, since I have not seen one of the flowers since we moved to Florida a lifetime ago.

Wish you could post a picture of the flowers.

Kindest regards,
white stone

2011/7/8 10:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy