SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Mystery of Iniquity - A description of Thess 2

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
budgie

The Mystery of Iniquity - A description of Thess 2

2 Thesallonians Study by David
A description of Thess 2

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be made known exposing to open view what was before hidden, the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Remember, that, when I was with you, I told you these things?
And now at this present time you understand what is hindering that he himself might be made known in his time, the period of opportunity.
For the mystery of iniquity which is not yet made fully known which began to work in secret, doth already work: only he who at this moment is hindering will do so , until he comes into existence out of the Midst
And then shall that Wicked be made known whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Below the Verses are shown with the words that are explained in the greek highlighted in brackets and numbered

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and 1(that man of sin be revealed), the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And 2(now ) ye 3 (know ) what 4(withholdeth) that 5(he) might be revealed in his 6(time).
2Th 2:7 For the 7(mystery) of iniquity doth already work: only he who 8(now letteth) , until he be 9(taken ) out of the 10(way).
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
1(revealed),

G601

ἀποκαλύπτω
apokalúptō; fut. apokalúpsō, from apó (G575), from, and kalúptō (G2572), to cover, conceal. Literally, to remove a veil or covering exposing to open view what was before hidden. To make manifest or reveal a thing previously secret or unknown (Luk_2:35; 1Co_3:13). Particularly applied to supernatural revelation (Mat_11:25, Mat_11:27; Mat_16:17; 1Co_2:10). See Mat_10:26; Luk_17:30; Joh_12:38; Rom_1:17-18; Rom_8:18; 1Co_14:30; Gal_1:16; Gal_3:23; Eph_3:5; Php_3:15; 2Th_2:3, 2Th_2:6, 2Th_2:8;

2(now )
G3568
νῦν
nun
noon
A primary particle of present time; “now” (as adverb of date, a transition or emphasis); also as noun or adjective present or immediate: - henceforth, + hereafter, of late, soon, present, this (time). νῦν

3(know )
G1492
εἴδω
eidō
i'-do
A primary verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equivalent, G3700 and G3708; properly to see (literally or figuratively); by implication (in the perfect only) to know: - be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider, (have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot.
4(withholdeth)
G2722

κατέχω
katéchō; fut. kathéxō, 2d aor. katéschon, from katá (G2596), an intens., and échō (G2192), to have, hold. Hold fast, retain, or hold down, quash, suppress.
(VI) To suppress, restrain, hinder, withhold (2Th_2:6-7 [cf. Rom_1:18]).

5(he)
G846

αὐτός
autós; fem. autḗ, neut. autó., pron. Self; him, her, it; the same (with the art. preceding it).
(I) Self, in all the persons, i.e., myself, thyself, himself.

6(time).
G2540

Καιρός
Of uncertain affinity; an occasion, that is, set or proper time: - X always, opportunity, (convenient, due) season, (due, short, while) time, a while.
kairós; gen. kairoú, masc. noun. Season, opportune time. It is not merely as a succession of minutes, which is chrónos (G5550), but a period of opportunity (though not necessity). There is really no Eng. equivalent to the word kairós, appropriate or opportune time, which when used in the pl. with chrónoi (times), is translated as "seasons," times at which certain foreordained events take place.

7(mystery)
G3466

μυστήριον
mustḗrion; gen. mustēríou, neut. noun from mústēs (n.f.), a person initiated into sacred mysteries, which is from muéō (G3453), to initiate, learn a secret. A secret, or esoteric knowledge.
(I) Denotes in general something hidden or not fully manifest. 2Th_2:7 speaks of "the mystery of iniquity" which began to work in secret and was not then completely disclosed or manifested.

8(now letteth)

G737

ἄρτι
árti; adv. of time. Now.
(I) Now, at present, at this moment (Mat_3:15, "Suffer it to be so now," for the present; 2Th_2:7;

G2722

κατέχω
katéchō; fut. kathéxō, 2d aor. katéschon, from katá (G2596), an intens., and échō (G2192), to have, hold. Hold fast, retain, or hold down, quash, suppress.
(VI) To suppress, restrain, hinder, withhold (2Th_2:6-7 [cf. Rom_1:18]).
9(taken ) 10(way).
G1096
γίνομαι
ginomai
ghin'-om-ahee
A prolonged and middle form of a primary verb; to cause to be (“gen” -erate), that is, (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literally, figuratively, intensively, etc.): - arise be assembled, be (come, -fall, -have self), be brought (to pass), (be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, be done, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled, + God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X soon as it was, sound, be taken, be turned, use, wax, will, would, be wrought.
This verb is mid. deponent intrans. primarily meaning to begin to be, that is, to come into existence or into any state; and in the aor. and 2d perf. to have come into existence or simply to be.
To begin to be, to come into existence as implying origin (either from natural causes or through special agencies), result, change of state, place, and so forth.

10(way).

G3319
μέσος
mesos
mes'-os
From G3326; middle (as adjective or [neuter] noun): - among, X before them, between, + forth, mid [-day, -night], midst, way.
mésos; fem. mésē, neut. méson, adj. Middle, in the midst. Used with different prep. as follows: ek (G1537), from, meaning from the midst, from among, away (Mat_13:49; Act_17:33; Act_23:10; 1Co_5:2; 2Co_6:17; Col_2:14; 2Th_2:7)

Would like your comments

2011/7/3 0:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy