PosterThread
Enochh

Indianapolis

marriage,divorce and remarriage

post removed to avoid division

2011/7/1 20:51Profile
cryinthenite

Re: marriage,divorce and remarriage

I believe the Lord is already leading you down the right path my friend.

You probably know all the "right" scriptures to give one whatever they want to hear.

I just want to throw out some thoughts in love if I may.

Where does it say marriage is a right?

Where does it say a GOOD marriage is a promise?

The Lord NEVER SAID those things.

Read Heb.chapter 12

2011/7/1 22:55Profile

Re:

A GOOD marriage was never promised to Hosea when God commanded him to marry Gomer... that marriage was nothing but misery for Hosea, and he was one of God's prophets.

A "bad" marriage can often times be the exact tool that God uses to make a person more conformed to Jesus, and after all... isnt that what everything is about when you walk with God? Having Him conform you more and more into the image of His Son? That rarely ever happens with health and wealth and happiness... thats usually a curse to us. No, God uses pain and suffering and hardship to chisel away at His children.

Krispy

2011/7/2 7:38
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
A "bad" marriage can often times be the exact tool that God uses to make a person more conformed to Jesus, and after all... isnt that what everything is about when you walk with God? Having Him conform you more and more into the image of His Son? That rarely ever happens with health and wealth and happiness... thats usually a curse to us. No, God uses pain and suffering and hardship to chisel away at His children.

This is so true. I am seeing this happen to a close relative of mine right now. It is so dreadfully painful. Yes, the chiseling cuts, the pieces fly and you bleed.

Excellent post, Krispy.

Enochh needs the prayers of the saints on this board...

2011/7/2 8:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy