SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : CORRIE TEN BOOM AND THE RAPTURE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

CORRIE TEN BOOM AND THE RAPTURE

CORRIE TEN BOOM AND THE RAPTURE by Mark Pavlot
Some of you may not know who Corrie Ten Boom is; you might try to google or youtube her story called :"The Hiding Place". It's about her and her sister's lives while in a Nazi concentration camp during WW2.

(Two things she talks about that are impressive; 1) the preparation the Lord gave her during her time in those camps. 2) the persecution she witnessed in Africa; I remember that country she was in was Uganda when Ida Amin was dictator.

I also had a missionary friend who was there months before a brutal dictator took over that country; the Holy Spirit by prophetic prayers during a gathering of ministers, was giving very descriptive visions of the holocaust coming to that country; showing burning villages, and bloody bodies floating in rivers, dark masses of demonic hordes in the heavens hovering over that place...the urgency of the Spirit was in some ways perhaps forewarning what some are sensing today. I know we are coming to the climax of the battle of the ages...press in, and Prepare for the day of the Lord is at hand.

from an old scout;

Blessings,

Mp

'CORRIE TEN BOOM AND THE RAPTURE'.

- (This is from a letter Corrie wrote in 1974)

"The world is deathly ill. It is dying. The Great Physician has already signed the death certificate. Yet there is still a great work for Christians to do. They are to be streams of living water, channels of mercy to those who are still in the world. It is possible for them to do this because they are overcomers.

Christians are ambassadors for Christ. They are representatives from Heaven to this dying world. And because of our presence here, things will change.

My sister, Betsy, and I were in the Nazi concentration camp at Ravensbruck because we committed the crime of loving Jews. Seven hundred of us from Holland, France, Russia, Poland and Belgium were herded into a room built for two hundred. As far as I knew, Betsy and I were the only two representatives of Heaven in that room.

We may have been the Lord's only representatives in that place of hatred, yet because of our presence there, things changed. Jesus said, "In the world you shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." We too, are to be overcomers – bringing the light of Jesus into a world filled with darkness and hate.

Sometimes I get frightened as I read the Bible, and as I look in this world and see all of the tribulation and persecution promised by the Bible coming true. Now I can tell you, though, if you too are afraid, that I have just read the last pages. I can now come to shouting "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!" for I have found where it is written that Jesus said, "He that overcometh shall inherit all things: and I will be His God, and he shall be My son."

This is the future and hope of this world. Not that the world will survive – but that we shall be overcomers in the midst of a dying world.

Betsy and I, in the concentration camp, prayed that God would heal Betsy who was so weak and sick. "Yes, the Lord will heal me,", Betsy said with confidence. She died the next day and I could not understand it. They laid her thin body on the concrete floor along with all the other corpses of the women who died that day. It was hard for me to understand, to believe that God had a purpose for all that. Yet because of Betsy's death, today I am traveling all over the world telling people about Jesus.

There are some among us teaching there will be no tribulation, that the Christians will be able to escape all this. These are the false teachers that Jesus was warning us to expect in the latter days. Most of them have little knowledge of what is already going on across the world. I have been in countries where the saints are already suffering terrible persecution.

In China, the Christians were told, "Don't worry, before the tribulation comes you will be translated – raptured." Then came a terrible persecution. Millions of Christians were tortured to death. Later I heard a Bishop from China say, sadly, "We have failed.

We should have made the people strong for persecution, rather than telling them Jesus would come first. Tell the people how to be strong in times of persecution, how to stand when the tribulation comes, – to stand and not faint."

I feel I have a divine mandate to go and tell the people of this world that it is possible to be strong in the Lord Jesus Christ. We are in training for the tribulation, but more than sixty percent of the Body of Christ across the world has already entered into the tribulation. There is no way to escape it.

We are next.

Since I have already gone through prison for Jesus' sake, and since I met the Bishop in China, now every time I read a good Bible text I think, "Hey, I can use that in the time of tribulation." Then I write it down and learn it by heart.

When I was in the concentration camp, a camp where only twenty percent of the women came out alive, we tried to cheer each other up by saying, "Nothing could be any worse than today." But we would find the next day was even worse. During this time a Bible verse that I had committed to memory gave me great hope and joy.

"If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God rests upon you; on their part evil is spoken of, but on your part He is glorified." (I Peter 3:14)
I found myself saying, "Hallelujah! Because I am suffering, Jesus is glorified!"

In America, the churches sing, "Let the congregation escape tribulation", but in China and Africa the tribulation has already arrived. This last year alone more than two hundred thousand Christians were martyred in Africa. Now things like that never get into the newspapers because they cause bad political relations. But I know. I have been there. We need to think about that when we sit down in our nice houses with our nice clothes to eat our steak dinners.

Many, many members of the Body of Christ are being tortured to death at this very moment, yet we continue right on as though we are all going to escape the tribulation.

Several years ago I was in Africa in a nation where a new government had come into power. The first night I was there some of the Christians were commanded to come to the police station to register. When they arrived they were arrested and that same night they were executed. The next day the same thing happened with other Christians. The third day it was the same. All the Christians in the district were being systematically murdered.

The fourth day I was to speak in a little church. The people came, but they were filled with fear and tension. All during the service they were looking at each other, their eyes asking, "Will this one I am sitting beside be the next one killed? Will I be the next one?" The room was hot and stuffy with insects that came through the unscreened windows and swirled around the naked bulbs over the bare wooden benches. I told them a story out of my childhood.

"When I was a little girl, " I said, "I went to my father and said, "Daddy, I am afraid that I will never be strong enough to be a martyr for Jesus Christ." "Tell me," said Father, "When you take a train trip to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?" "No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train." "That is right," my father said, "and so it is with God's strength. Our Father in Heaven knows when you will need the strength to be a martyr for Jesus Christ. He will supply all you need – just in time…"

My African friends were nodding and smiling. Suddenly a spirit of joy descended upon that church and the people began singing, " In the sweet, by and by, we shall meet on that beautiful shore." Later that week, half the congregation of that church was executed. I heard later that the other half was killed some months ago.

But I must tell you something. I was so happy that the Lord used me to encourage these people, for unlike many of their leaders, I had the word of God. I had been to the Bible and discovered that Jesus said He had not only overcome the world, but to all those who remained faithful to the end, He would give a crown of life.

How can we get ready for the persecution?

First we need to feed on the Word of God, digest it, make it a part of our being. This will mean disciplined Bible study each day as we not only memorize long passages of scripture, but put the principles to work in our lives.

Next we need to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Not just the Jesus of yesterday, the Jesus of History, but the life-changing Jesus of today who is still alive and sitting at the right hand of God.

We must be filled with the Holy Spirit. This is no optional command of the Bible, it is absolutely necessary. Those earthly disciples could never have stood up under the persecution of the Jews and Romans had they not waited for Pentecost. Each of us needs our own personal Pentecost, the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We will never be able to stand in the tribulation without it.

In the coming persecution we must be ready to help each other and encourage each other. But we must not wait until the tribulation comes before starting. The fruit of the Spirit should be the dominant force of every Christian's life.

Many are fearful of the coming tribulation, they want to run. I, too, am a little bit afraid when I think that after all my eighty years, including the horrible Nazi concentration camp, that I might have to go through the tribulation also. But then I read the Bible and I am glad.

When I am weak, then I shall be strong, the Bible says. Betsy and I were prisoners for the Lord, we were so weak, but we got power because the Holy Spirit was on us. That mighty inner strengthening of the Holy Spirit helped us through. No, you will not be strong in yourself when the tribulation comes. Rather, you will be strong in the power of Him who will not forsake you. For seventy-six years I have known the Lord Jesus and not once has He ever left me, or let me down.

"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him", (Job 13:15) for I know that to all who overcome, He shall give the crown of life. Hallelujah!"
- Corrie Ten Boom - 1974

http://www.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=37040&PN=1&TPN=1

2011/6/29 20:50
rbanks

Re: CORRIE TEN BOOM AND THE RAPTURE

This is a very good message to help people be prepared; for the scripture says that through much tribulation shall we all enter into the kingdom of God. I have read Fox’s book of martyrs and have cringed but also seen God’s power in protecting his people through the power of the Holy Ghost. There has been much tribulations and persecutions to some of the saints since the time of Christ.

We don’t know for sure what we might have to suffer before the coming of the Lord so we must be filled with the Spirit of God.

I have heard both sides concerning the great tribulation that will occur during the day of the Lord but I still believe that the Word of God teaches that there will be a rapture for the faithful before that dreadful day of the Lord where God almighty will try all those who dwell on the face of the earth.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (NKJV) 13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

He will come first for the true church to meet Him in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Then after the marriage supper for the bride of Christ He will mount on a white horse to leave heaven and go to earth and His saints will be with the armies riding behind Him on white horses also to destroy the persistently wicked. Those who were martyred during the great tribulation will be raised to live with the raptured saints to sit on thrones to also reign 1000 years

Revelation 20:4 (NKJV) And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

If one will look they can see that 1thess 4.13-18 & Rev. 20.4 are not the same event.

Blessings to all!

2011/6/29 23:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I do not think this article tells us, but Corrie also said how the clergy in Holland, before WW2, were telling their people the church will be raptured before persecution comes. She said when the Nazis inflicted their brutality upon its citizenship many lost the faith. And she attributed it to the lack of teaching/warnings from the pulpit.

I am certain she would find the state of the modern church grievous.

I love Corrie's writings: they are simple, to the point, says it like it is and does not mince words.

Thanks for posting this, rh.

2011/6/30 9:03Profile
rbanks

Re:

Amen! To Ginnyrose's post.

For the rapture is not to save us from persecution but only from the wrath of God to come.

2011/6/30 9:45Profile
staff

Hi All,Some or even many Christians may go through persecution or some or even many may not go through persecution.
However that doesnt mean that the rapture will be post,mid or pre tribulation.
Preachers should not be saying that the rapture will come before there is persecution for the simple reason that their wont be anyone to persecute if it does.So if the church in part or whole is going to be persecuted they must be present on the earth.
A preacher could say that the rapture will happen before the great tribulation but should not say that it will happen before their will be tribulations or persecutions.
I am not sure this is news and current events but very good thread none the less,
Thanks Staff

2011/6/30 18:43Profile
Questor

Re: Corrie Ten Boom and the Rapture

It seems fairly clear to many who are aware of tribulation being a probability in the future that we must all prepare, yet learning not to fret about whether it will occur to us personally is a very necessary thing.

The probability of being persecuted is very real, but it is my firm belief that the worst of the tribulation happens with the Seven Vials being poured out after Yeshua returns for us.

We must also be aware that our trust in Adonai doesn't rest in fear, but in the firm and expectant hope we have in Yeshua.

Adonai can choose to protect us, or enable us to protect ourselves from the sons of disobedience, or as I know through experience, in prayer that blocks out, and distances pain and fear from the actual experience.

Live in today, trust in Yeshua for the rest, and fret not even as you watch the world turning against all Believers.

___

Revelation 16

1. And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

2. And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

3. And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

4. And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.

5. And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.

6. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
7. And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.

8. And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

10. And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11. And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

12. And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

*** 15. Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.***

17. And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
18. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
19. And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
20. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
21. And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Revelation 19

1. And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2. For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3. And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4. And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5. And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6. And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

11. And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17. And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18. That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19. And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21. And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Q

2011/7/3 21:29Profile

Re:

Dear sister Corrie writes.........

"There are some among us teaching there will be no tribulation, that the Christians will be able to escape all this. These are the false teachers that Jesus was warning us to expect in the latter days. Most of them have little knowledge of what is already going on across the world. I have been in countries where the saints are already suffering terrible persecution."

This little woman was a spiritual giant, although she herself would deny that. The tribulation is at the door brothers and sisters, there is coming a time such as has never been before and God will shorten it for the elect's sake. Just 65 short years ago, men, woman and children were hunted down by the millions and shoveled into the fires of hell for nothing more that being Jewish. Now there is coming a time shortly where Satan will try and kill every last Christian on earth. Now, it will not be the Christians in name only, for they will surely be part of the great apostate church, no, it will be those who are genuinly sold out to the Lord Jesus Christ. This will be the great seperation of the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the tares, those with oil and those without.

And as with all those who have died down through the centuries for the cause of Christ, the Holy Spirit of the Living God will enable us to walk through the fires and to pass through the waters in the victory of overcoming all things, including death itself.........brother Frank

2011/7/4 1:13
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I would love to encourage people to check out Corrie's writings and read them.

Corrie's ambition in life was not to become famous. She was only a spinster who learned watchmaking at her dad's workshop, then honed her skills by going to watchmaking school. In the meantime, she was involved in girls clubs in her community until WW2 came and changed life radically. Then her family got involved in rescuing Jews from deportion to Germany. Eventually, they were found out and they were deported where most died in the concentration camp. It was through this fire that God taught Corrie something the world needed to hear and provided for her a ministry that could only have been orchestrated by God.

The doctrine she taught was not one that was formulated in the confines of some comfortable wood paneled office or air conditioned class room, but from the bone-chilling barracks in Germany, surrounded not by physical comforts or beauty but rudeness, starvation, and death. It was in this ugly environment that she learned something about the mercy and grace of God.

Testimonies of people who have gone through the fire are so inspiring. They teach us that there is no trial so bad but what God is not there... (In fact this is roughly a quote from Corrie.)

Thanks rh for reminding me of Corrie - think I will pull out her books and read them again...

2011/7/4 11:27Profile

Re:

Ginneyrose writes........

"The doctrine she taught was not one that was formulated in the confines of some comfortable wood paneled office or air conditioned class room, but from the bone-chilling barracks in Germany, surrounded not by physical comforts or beauty but rudeness, starvation, and death. It was in this ugly environment that she learned something about the mercy and grace of God."

Amen sister, God has a slightly different classroom than the purveyors of theology. The Body of Christ learns is lessons as the Holy Spirit leads them through the fires of life and the waters of affliction. This is where the Word of God becomes alive as the person of Jesus stands in the midst of the fire and He " prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies." When the enemy of Gods people makes the mistake of coming at them with all of his might, it is he who is exposed as the one who lost the battle of Calvary. In Jesus and Him alone is victory over every circumstance. Not deliverence from every circumstance, but victory despite every circumstance. Even as we walk in the shadow od death itself, we do not fear because our Lord and Saviour has overcome death itself. This is His Rod and His staff, this is His victory. Those, like Corrie, who have walked through that valley of death, who have been surrounded by their enemies, walk with their heads annointed by the Holy Spirit, their cups run over with love and grace and mercy and forgiveness and with a wisdom and discernement that comes from the throne itself. And this love and mercy and forgiveness and wisdom confounds the enemy and makes a mockery of his tactics, as did Jesus on that bloody battl-field of Calvary.

"Testimonies of people who have gone through the fire are so inspiring. They teach us that there is no trial so bad but what God is not there... (In fact this is roughly a quote from Corrie.)'

Amen sister, the proof of a life lived for Christ is in the victory of overcoming. The greater the heat, the more oil is produced, the deeper and stormier the waters, the greater the miracal that allows one to walk upon them and rise above them where one stands with Jesus.

For all those who walk through the fires of life, surely goodness and mercy follows them all of their lives, despite their circumstances, and because of this, they will dwell with the Lord forever.........brother Frank

2011/7/4 13:19
staff

Re:

Hi,
Doctrine should not be formulated by our environment whether its a comfortable office or a bone chilling barracks and taken as truth.The doctrine has to be in the word of God.
Christians will of course go through trials,tribulations and are at this moment of time.
This does not mean that christians will or will not go through the Great tribulation.

"The doctrine she taught was not one that was formulated in the confines of some comfortable wood paneled office or air conditioned class room, but from the bone-chilling barracks in Germany, surrounded not by physical comforts or beauty but rudeness, starvation, and death.
Yours Staff

2011/7/4 18:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy