Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : My Pledge of Allegiance

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 My Pledge of Allegiance

As the nations slide further down the slope of deception, moral decay and godlessness...there has never been a better time to remember that "our citizenship is in heaven" (Philippians 3:20)

As an earthly citizen of America, I am praying for this nation and its people. I am praying for revival and repentance. But knowing that this world is currently in rebellion against God, I cannot pledge allegiance to any earthly flag, for only "Jerusalem above is free." (Galatians 4:26) The Lord has put the following pledge of allegiance in my heart instead:

I pledge allegiance to the Lamb
of God who has redeemed me,
and to the Kingdom for which He stands,
one holy, heavenly nation, indivisible,
with liberty from sin, and justice for all.

May we be faithful to Jesus Christ even unto death, just as He was faithful even unto death. May we follow Him, if need be, as lambs to the slaughter, without trying to save our earthly lives. May His love and truth--by His Spirit--shine forth through us into the darkness in ever greater measure.

"For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come." (Hebrews 13:14)

"But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them." (Hebrews 11:16)

2011/6/26 22:36Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: My Pledge of Allegiance

This is beautiful as is the site. Praise God. And thank you for this. God is glorified.

2011/6/27 0:04Profile
rbanks

Re:

A beautiful pledge to the lamb no doubt.

Quote:
But knowing that this world is currently in rebellion against God, I cannot pledge allegiance to any earthly flag,

But some things are just better left unsaid. Not causing controversy when one doesn't have to should be admired by all.

2011/6/27 0:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy