SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Women pastors in, prosperity gospel out

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Women pastors in, prosperity gospel out

The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life has just released its Global Survey of Evangelical Protestant Leaders. This study is very important because evangelicalism is changing rapidly around the world and the consequences of this not only for world religions, but also world politics, are potentially enormous.

Some of the surprises, given the cultural conservatism of many evangelicals, are the mixed views on “women’s roles.” Three-quarters of the respondents (75 percent) favored allowing women to serve as pastors. Yet these same respondents believe that men should be the religious leaders in the marriage and family (79 percent) and the main financial providers for the family (53 percent). But most do not think that women must stay home and raise children (63 percent). ...

read more: http://wapo.st/iI2CeT

2011/6/24 10:04Profile
rnieman

Re: Women pastors in, prosperity gospel out

Greg I like this in your post

Quote:
Three-quarters of the respondents (75 percent) favored allowing women to serve as pastors. Yet these same respondents believe that men should be the religious leaders in the marriage and family (79 percent)

My question to the voters of that are part of these numbers is: Aren't these 2 numbers contradicting each other? How can women serve in leadership over men in the church, but they are to submit to their husbands at home? Russ

2011/6/24 10:24Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

It is a sad state that men have not risen to what God has called them to. So in this absence.....yes women will rise up. Not the God desired order but the casualty of our age. We must not forget that polls are largely made up of those who call themselves Christians but surely we realize this is not the case!

Sadly again I must add that I have seen this occurring even amongst those I know to be born again. As difficult as it is that men must stand up, women must also stand down even though a void may be created, yet having faith that the Lord will answer their prayers in growing their husbands for these God designed roles for which He has so wonderfully designed us.

The influence of culture has surely infected the church in this area. We have sown women working, not to aid the family, but to support the family. We have not differentiated the uniqueness of the creation and order God has made in regard to what He has purposefully bestowed upon and within each gender. We tread softly in these areas because by saying something contrary to culture, we are seen as judges. O' that we would fear the Lord more than we fear the words of men. For the true believer there is no excuse.

2011/6/24 10:33Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

lylewise, true to his screen name, true to His name

Quote:
. . . . We must not forget that polls are largely made up of those who call themselves Christians but surely we realize this is not the case!
. . . . O' that we would fear the Lord more than we fear the words of men. For the true believer there is no excuse.

This subject makes me sick to heart. My Mother belongs to a church that is pastored by a husband and wife. It is a job for them, not a calling. The man used to be a piano player and played with some big names. Name dropping has 'star struck' my Mother and the rest of the congregation. The pastor/man often plays for them. The whole congregation is made up of elderly retirees. They brag on having members of every denomination. The only qualification for membership is a warm body and cash to contribute. They made my Mother a Deacon and she had never read the New Testament. (She has just recently read the New Testament. This is a big change, I pray she will actually hear what she read. Like many, they say they believe but it is not 'real' in her heart.)

I believe this scenario is repeated across the Country. How can so many be so lost?

white stone

2011/6/24 10:56Profile

Deception.

I have yet to see one Church where women rule over men, in any degree...partially....[ The Pastor "team" of Larry and Bernadine"]...or fully as the "Pastorette", where there was not error...never one. [ I've seen a few..]

Remember that the Holy Spirit moves on...and that New Wine MUST be poured into New Wineskins. This does not detract from some of the "apostolic" women who were used in God's work over the centuries....nor does it imply that they were of a domineering spirit over men, just because they were used to plant churches.

I think God threw Deborah of old into the mix for us to remember that we are ALL men...male and female...and He looks at the heart given over fully to him...not the sex of a person.

The "Prosperity" gospel has murdered many a strong man...and has had it roots in the greed of the flesh and a love of the world. I'm glad it's not as popular as it once was...but who will crucify the Satanic nature of their spirits?..[ the Flesh].

Only loving Jesus more than our own lives will do that...in obedience to that Spirit. Many, many false gospels are arising to take it's place...that amply supply men to live for themselves...Happiness, Health, and Prosperity is the mantra...along with an inclusive spirit that all the world are brother and sister. Big lie.

2011/6/24 11:15

I still like Elisabeth Elliot's way. She wouldn't even stand behind a pulpit if invited during the morning service. If invited to speak by any church, she'd only take evenings because she said that the Main Service was for Preaching by the Pastor or whichever other men broke the bread with the people. Needless to say, she surely didn't believe in female pastors, yet she had earned the greatest respect of men through her radio programs and even her books, just as Corrie Ten Boom was respected, without usurping anything for themselves - just exalted Christ. I'm grateful for women like them that set that exemplary example.

2011/6/24 12:40
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Quote:
...was respected, without usurping anything for themselves - just exalted Christ. I'm grateful for women like them that set that exemplary example.

Amen JiG! It was their humility & right relationship with God that made them heard and respected by all.

I listened to Teressa Conlon on Father's Day and I would have rather listened to Carter. But this woman had such a humble heart for God and her message was so anointed. And she has a title of Pastor at TSC. I guess she is Pastor over the women. And she is president of their school.

But with such humility I am confident she understands and respects her role in the Church and at home with Pastor Carter being the authority. All glory to God for them.

2011/6/24 17:03Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
lylewise wrote:
As difficult as it is that men must stand up, women must also stand down even though a void may be created, yet having faith that the Lord will answer their prayers in growing their husbands for these God designed roles for which He has so wonderfully designed us.

I respect and understand what you have said and there is much wisdom in it! In my life, I known two women that God told them to stand up.

All I’m trying to graciously add here brother, is that there needs to be enough love and leeway for the Holy Spirit to work through ever He needs to work through.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/6/25 1:06Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen Lysa!

We should not put it on another person for the reason someone is not "standing up" for Jesus. The person not standing up owns it. It belongs to them alone. It is their choice.

Draw close to God and He will draw close to us. If we want Him bad enough we will seek Him with our whole heart and get to know Him and His ways male or female. Glory to God! Bring a hunger & thirst for YOU Lord in us all. A passion for YOU Lord. And glorify Yourself in the body of Christ. Amen!

2011/6/25 14:36Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

In regard to the two women of whom you speak, were their husbands regenerated?

2011/6/25 17:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy