SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : GOD IS NOT REALLY THREE PERSONS

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
After the main points have been put forth, we can then go back and cover all the attempts to make more "rabbit trails." After 'first things first' are covered, Lord willing, WE shall then address sideline objections to things that have been secondarily related for debate.

This whole conversation is deteriorating into a mass of nonsense. Your questions have been sufficiently answered by several people in this thread. Beyond that, I have tried to explain with an unusual amount of brevity the root of the conflict, i.e. Rabbinic concepts of God vs. Biblical concepts. I have tolerated several attempts at disrespect towards me, the latest post having been referred to 'Doctor Roberts". This type of thing is not helpful. It does not contribute to the subject at all and actually brings your beliefs into question because of the spirit of the post.

The truth is, we need to move past the drum beating of blame against the Catholic church. This is not a popular thing to say, but God has had His hand on the churches of God since the beginning. Yes some things did get off the rails, but the fundamental nature of God was not one of them.

God is building His Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. The writer to the Hebrews said it best:

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; (Hebrews 1:1-3)

The Old Testament laid the foundation for the New as it is indeed a continuation of revelation. Jesus Christ is the highest expression of revelation of who God is. He is the 'express image' of His person. Understanding God is fundamental to understanding anything God has done in the salvation of man. The Holy Spirit indwells those that have received Him and glorifies the Son (John 16:14). When the Holy Spirit dwells in man, God is there, just as God was in Christ. He was the Temple and now we are the temple. These things are very straight forward.

2011/7/21 10:41Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

To take away from the Trinity of God is to put God in mans little box, all tucked away and brought out only for his own purposes.

Eph 1 throught 3 are the highest of God's plan from before the foundation of the world to the end of the world. He has done all by His own will, He being the Father of the Son that would redeem all that would be destined for the Fathers house as sons, having been birthed again by the Only Son that can redeem all that are given Him by the Father. If you let God out of the box, we see the greatest and highest work of the God Head, to all those that are in Christ, sealed by the Holy Spirit and led to the epitimy of conforming us to Jesus Christ the Son. "For as He is, so are we in this world."

A small portion of Gaebelein's Annoted Bible
1. The Godhead at Work

CHAPTER 1

1. The introduction (1:1-2)
2. The great doxology (1:3)
3. The work of the Father (1:4-6)
4. The work of the Son (1:7-12)
5. The work of the Holy Spirit (1:13-14)
6. The parenthetical prayer to the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory (1:15-23)
In the brief introductory words to this Epistle, Paul speaks of himself as an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God. It is to be noticed that the will of God is repeatedly mentioned in this first chapter. All blessings mentioned in this Epistle flow from the will of God. What God hath done for us in Christ is "according to the good pleasure of His will" (verse 5). Then we read also of "having made known unto us the mystery of His will" (verse 9) and "who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will" (verse 11). This will of God goes back to eternity, before the foundation of the world. This will made the erstwhile persecutor of the Church, the apostle of Jesus Christ, the instrument through whom that blessed will of God is now fully revealed. The Epistle is addressed "to the saints and to the faithful in Christ Jesus." This does not mean two classes of believers. All believers are saints--separated ones. Yet a saint may not be faithful. Many who are saved by grace and are constituted saints in Christ are unfaithful in their walk and testimony. The words "to the saints and to the faithful in Christ Jesus" correspond to the two divisions of the Epistle. in the first three chapters we learn that God has made us His saints in Christ; in the last three chapters we are exhorted to walk in obedience and be faithful.

The doxology (verse 3) marks the beginning of the epistle. When we reach the end of this first section we find another doxology (3:20-21). Between these two doxologies are found the unsearchable riches of God's grace in Christ. The third verse is in itself the key to the great and deep revelation which follows in this chapter. It is the bud which the Holy Spirit gradually unfolds. The Godhead in blessing believers is revealed in the doxology. First we find the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the author of all blessings. In the second place we learn that the blessings are in the Son of God, in Christ. Then thirdly, we read what kind of blessings we receive in Christ, "every spiritual blessing," that is, blessings communicated by the third person of the Godhead, God the Holy Spirit.

May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ richly bless us all with revelation of the Son, by the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Christ in you the Hope of Glory must come by revelation of Christ by the Holy Spirit as He speaks not of Himself but of the Christ that is born again in us.

Ga 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
Re 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

In Him: Phillip

2011/7/21 16:49Profile
Morningstar7

Omaha, NE / USA

Re: GOD IS NOT REALLY THREE PERSONS

God is the Father,
God is the Son,
God is the Spirit,
These Three are One.

2011/7/29 15:15Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"GOD IS NOT REALLY THREE PERSONS"

Oh, yes He is.

God is the Father,
God is the Son,
God is the Spirit,
These Three are One.

Yes, Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2011/7/29 16:54Profile

Re:

Very well said, Phillip. That should close this thread.

Blaine

2011/7/31 13:19
paps

Re: GOD IS NOT REALLY THREE PERSONS

I submit that the holy Spirit is God.
Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
The verse 3 and 4 speaks of an offence committed against the same person. In verse 3 the person is the Holy Spirit but in verse 4 He is referred to as God

2011/7/31 19:39Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

2 + 1 makes 3 in One.

Amen

2011/8/1 20:30Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, like one of you really know? are you looking in your little box of truth that you built on your pee brained study of the creator of the heavens and the earth. who was the burning bush that was not consumed? who was the wheel or the 4th man in the fire or malchesidek or the seven spirits of God around the throne or the word coming from the creator and then who hovered over the creation?be awed at how great and beyond understanding He is and worship Him.jimp

2011/8/1 22:52Profile

Re: God is not really 3 persons

He's not! Says who? Someone been smoking some funny stuff to come up with this weird thread. Just joking but this is bozarre!!!!

2011/8/1 23:11
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen

To me God is my Father, the Son is born again in me, and the Holy Spirit teaches me these truths and even what I did not understand. By revelation and by promise The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the Author and Perfector of my faith.

by the Christ in me and the Father and the Holy Spirit I am a son of God:

1 John 5:1-21 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Phillip

2011/8/2 2:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy