SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The God Mission

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Dillman

St. Louis-MO

The God Mission

Just this month my youth group and I did an event called the "30 hour famine" which was to help kids in Africa get clean water and food, you may have heard of it. When I went to the event I was surprised to find that we never once, not even for a second, talked about God or Jesus or the Bible or love or anything! I asked myself, what are we doing here? are we really helping to spread God's love, or are we just providing a basic need? And if so, then are we really doing what we are called to be doing? Making disciples of all nations? It seems to me that missions today have lost touch with what true missionary work really is. I am not saying that providing people with their needs is wrong, in fact it says in the Bible that if we do not help and love our neighbors then we do not know Jesus. But it is 100% more important that these people know about the love of Jesus Christ, or all of our work and giving is for naught. Anyone in the world can be nice and give charity, but we are called to do so much more than that. So instead of sending food and water to Africa, why don't we send food and water and a bible to Africa? What good is it if we give these people what they need and then take our trucks with our missions logos and leave, sure they might live a little longer, but what happens after that? Christians seem to spend so much time giving money to Africa and yet Islam is the fastest growing religion there. Why is that? If anyone who is involved with missions reads this may I challenge you to stop making your mission a necessity mission, and make it a God Mission.

2011/6/22 2:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy