SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Canadian Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Canadian Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

TORONTO - Canada's highest court said Thursday the government can redefine marriage to include same-sex couples, but it added that religious officials cannot be forced to perform unions against their beliefs.

The ruling by the court in Ottawa brings to the final stages a long, bitter fight over whether gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry in Canada.

Judges in six provinces and one territory have already overturned the traditional definition, allowing thousands of same-sex weddings.

Canada would join Belgium and the Netherlands in allowing gay marriage if the government acts to make it legal nationwide. To pass in the House of Commons, the legislation needs the approval of about 44 of the 95 Liberal backbench members of Parliament to obtain a 155-vote majority.

2004/12/9 16:04Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re: Canadian Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage

Quote:
Canada would join Belgium and the Netherlands in allowing gay marriage if the government acts to make it legal nationwide.

i live in the Netherlands, and i am really ashamed of being dutch, and it because of what we are doing, we are even having a yearly event, called the "gay-parade" i makes me sick, and it is diguisting to see all those men and women doing immoral thing that are so diguisting i have no words to describe it.

and we "the Netherlands" are getting rid of every statue that God has given and consequences follow, and it makes us even sink further into misery and hatred towards God.

and now even Canada is joining the Netherlands and Belgium in this wicked sin, and they dare to give it the name "marriage".

it is sad to see that how God designed marriage, that of that design there is nothing left in this world, devorce, sex out of marriage, red light districts, clubs, etc. and the world is treasuring up more wrath every day.

people need to see there is The Way Jesus, and we can only show them The Way, but it is their responsibility if they keep their wicked sinful life or crucify this wicked sinlife.

2004/12/9 16:34Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

There are two things we should keep in mind. First, [i] Teach me good discernment and knowledge (Psalm 119:66)[/i]. Second, [i]Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? (2 Peter 3:11-12)[/i].

That our country (and the world) is heading for total destruction, because of her wickedness, shouldn't drive us to despair but devotion. As Leonard Ravenhill once said: [i]"If the whole church goes off into deception, that will in no way excuse us for not following Christ"[/i]

That's exactly what the Lord tells us in Judah: "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ." (:3-4)

"Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him." (:14-15)

"[b]But ye, beloved,[/b] building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (:20-21)

What's Gods' promise and His purpose with us?

"Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. [b]Amen[/b]." (:24-25)

2004/12/14 8:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy