SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Overseas Ministry Need

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Overseas Ministry Need

Stumbled across this and thought i would post it here in case anyone is interested:

Description

India has an estimated 15 million homeless children that live in the streets every night. Within this population the most vulnerable are handicap orphans. Planting Peace is working hard to rescue these children and we need your help!

So PLEASE consider partnering with us to open your very own orphanage to help India's forgotten.

To learn more about starting your very own orphanage please write us at [email protected]

2011/6/19 0:35
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Overseas Ministry Need

There are many ministries that are good that are helping children but I have run across none better then GFA for children in India:

http://www.gfa.org/sponsorachild/

Alot of other organisations use the money for staff and many other things and not much of the support actually gets to the children and spreading the Gospel.

2011/6/19 0:49Profile

Re:

Quote:
Alot of other organisations use the money for staff and many other things and not much of the support actually gets to the children and spreading the Gospel

Yea, that is the danger. And i think this Peace org is probably secular also but i figure it is a start that could lead somewhere; perhaps a Christian could use it to teach the Gospel.

There is a Christian man in my state who does ministry to Indian orphans and goes over there regularly. Donating to his small personal ministry there has been another way of helping.

What i don't understand is how a country that has prospered so much recently as India has can have this problem--and to such a vast number. I mean, look how we outsource just about everything to India now and also how much their medical care is touted as superior to ours and still they can't do anything to take care of their own? I find that bizarre.

2011/6/19 2:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy