SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does God cry?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougkristen

Does God cry?

I have wondered about this, if God cries?

Can anyone point me to scripture on this? thanks.

Grace,
Doug

2004/12/9 13:26Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Groanings which cannot be uttered

Doug

The Spirit of God sometimes weeps and travails within believers as they pray. It is not the believer who cries, but the Spirit of God in him. No man knows the things of man except the spirit of a man; no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.(1 Corinthians 2:7) The Spirit of God and The Father are one; the Spirit does what the Father would do, yet I am not sure if he cries in the sense that we know crying

James

2004/12/9 13:56Profile
dougkristen

Re: Groanings which cannot be uttered

Ok, this is really what is going on inside of me...

I go about my day working a "secular" job environment where I hear about so much hardship, (divorces, family problems, etc.) and I work with the mentally disabled too, (people with autism, downs, etc.). At first it was different working here, but I love it now.

I seemed to be sad, vexed, and greived in my soul over the state of people's lives and which I knew what to do. I am only one mortal man who seems to think about these things. I am not a pastor, or am I God who has to walk with the weight of people's lives.

I guess I wanted to know, does God cry (mabye not like we do, like you said), but is He sad over the state mankind is in? in their state of sin? How can God deal with all of the rejection of man? How can God deal with all of the sin?

Grace,
Doug

2004/12/9 14:02Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Doug

Sometimes it is almost as if God is several people. There is in him peace, joy, sadness, anger, friendliness, sharpness, authority, submission but there is always love in the midst of all this. God is definitely grieved by the state of our existence as people under bondage to the weak elements of this world.

Galatians 4:1-7 1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. 3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements F6 of the world: 4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Sir let me also say that you are not just a man. You are the temple of the living God! You are experience the true sacrifices of God in your temple. (Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.) The mystery of our religion and calling is beyond me, just as God is beyond me. Speak to him simply and clearly about this and he will speak to your heart…you grief is not in vain if he has ordained.

James

2004/12/9 14:23Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Does God cry?

According to Cassie He does, and I am want to believe her...

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3872&forum=35

2004/12/9 15:14Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

[b]And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and [u]it grieved him at his heart[/u]. (Gen 6:6 KJV)[/b] The word ‘grieve’ means to ‘carve’; God was ‘cut to the heart’ with the behaviour of his creation.

[b][u]Reproach hath broken my heart[/u]; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none. (Psa 69:20 KJV)[/b] a Messianic Psalm

[b]And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they shall be carried captives, because [u]I am broken with their whorish heart[/u], which hath departed from me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations. (Eze 6:9 KJV)[/b] God’s lament over His people.

yes, God weeps.

[b]Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see. [u]Jesus wept[/u]. (Joh 11:32-35 KJV)[/b] In the presence of the pain caused by sin and death.

Where high the heavenly temple stands,
The house of God not made with hands,
A great High Priest our nature wears,
The Guardian of mankind appears.

He Who for men their Surety stood,
And poured on earth His precious blood,
Pursues in Heaven His mighty plan,
The Savior and the Friend of man.

Though now ascended up on high,
He bends on earth a brother’s eye;
Partaker of the human name,
He knows the frailty of our frame.

Our fellow Sufferer yet retains
A fellow feeling of our pains:
And still remembers in the skies
His tears, His agonies, and cries.

In every pang that rends the heart,
The Man of Sorrows had a part,
He sympathizes with our grief,
And to the sufferer sends relief.

With boldness, therefore, at the throne,
Let us make all our sorrows known;
And ask the aids of heavenly power
To help us in the evil hour.

2004/12/9 15:14Profile
dohzman

Re: Does God cry?

Basically when you see the individuals in the bible like Jeremiah what you're seeing is and outward expression of the heart of God moving through the hearts of men.So to answer your question real simple like-----The Book of Jeremiah as well as the whole of the bible.

2004/12/9 16:03Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: John 11:35

Brother Ron listed a number of references, among them being John 11:35, which is the first scripture I memorized because it was the easiest to remember.

I used to think that Jesus wept because Lazarus wept but have reevaluated that and feel (it's not totally clear to me) that he wept because of the unbelief of those around Lazarus. That suggests to me that our sin hurts God.

I heard one preacher say that the tears we shed for our sins are really the tears of the Father. Not sure if that's true or not.

2004/12/9 17:44Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

Quote:
I heard one preacher say that the tears we shed for our sins are really the tears of the Father. Not sure if that's true or not.

I don't think that is specifically true, though I would say that when we have Godly sorrow for our sin and repent with tears, then God (in His heart) cries tears of joy.

It is when a man does not shed tears that God cries tears of sadness.

2004/12/10 7:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy