in How Do I Forgive.

P.S. This is a really good sermon on forgiveness by
Dr. Jim Binney:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=821029331

2011/6/18 0:48
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Funny Quote for the Day

While this quote at first glance appears funny, it is true. This is not only true for wives/husbands, it is also true for parents to children or any other person who you see self-destructing by sinful behavior.

When one sees a person on a path that will bring grief, too many folks' sympathy will kick in, working to prevent the consequences or to accommodate them without evoking a permanent change in the perpetrator.

The point? When one sees this happening, you have to back off and let God do the work and not get in the way. Simple, but oh, so very hard when it involves your loved ones.

2011/6/18 7:22Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:
While this quote at first glance appears funny, it is true. This is not only true for wives/husbands, it is also true for parents to children or any other person who you see self-destructing by sinful behavior. When one sees a person on a path that will bring grief, too many folks' sympathy will kick in, working to prevent the consequences or to accommodate them without evoking a permanent change in the perpetrator. The point? When one sees this happening, you have to back off and let God do the work and not get in the way. Simple, but oh, so very hard when it involves your loved ones.

________

Amen ginnyrose. I agree with what you shared here. Stepping back and waiting on God to do the work is so difficult at times. For me with my children, the older they get the more I find myself in prayer seeking God's guidance.

God Bless
maryjane

2011/6/18 13:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy