SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is an unbeliever able to pray to God? (Apart from repenting...)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Lisa, that's great.

Cornelius is a wonderful example of an unbeliever praying to God. Not communing to God, but praying to God, making a request or requests. It shows faith to pray to God, otherwise why waste your time.

2011/6/24 0:17
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

"Acts 10.31 – Cornelius, thy prayer is heard.
Acts 11.14 – (Peter) Who shall tell you words, whereby you and all your house SHALL BE SAVED"

Really hard to argue with Scripture.

I enjoyed this thread to some extent and would enjoy putting forth my two cents to spend :).

What is the connection between those who were nonbelievers and God answered their prayers?

Look for me at their Attitude towards God. Repentance really is simply a Change of Attitude or Change of Mind toward God. When we turn towards God no matter how big or small it results in turning from sin. In order to communicate with God or pray to God we must come to God with the correct attitude towards God in with an attitude that 1. God exsist and 2. God is our only hope. Though circumstance may cause this to happen temporarily at time Ie the Sinner in crisis they can still communicate with God because Christ made a way, only Faith is required. They would hardly be praying if they thought God didn't exist.

So I guess in a round about way I am saying "All ye who are heavy laden Come unto me. Christ is now our bridge and He calls the heavy laden. Imagine an individual pridefully praying to God it wouldn't work because God opposes the proud, this is why God ignored the prayers of Saul when He repented yet heeded the words of David when He repented.

All in all it takes all shapes and sizes to make this world go round and God knows how to deal and communicate with us all whether we acknowledge His existance or not. Don't forget God can speak in many different ways including Nature, He can speak through you, me, or even a donkey. Ultimately my point is this we are all desperately dependant on Christ and His work on the Cross and whether Jew, Gentile, Sinner, or Saint we all come to Him the same way one way or another with our face to the ground in desparation.

2011/6/24 2:35Profile
gazzer

Re:

conelius obviously had faith in god ,,because the bible says he feared god even fasted for days ,,would have undoubtedbly had a repented heart toward god ,,
so why would god not hear in prayers ,just becase he never herd of jesus ,didnt make him faithless

i agree with muguldner,,,repentences beginnins with a simple change of heart towards god , in order to comunacate with god ,we must come to hi wth the correct attitude,,,,,the seeds of faith begin at this time ,, to to turn to god we also must believe in god ,,that is exactly what paull said ,he who comes to god must beleiev he IS and that he is a rewarded of those who seek him

but many muslims beleieve in a god so do those of hiduisim
they pray but are not heard by the living god of abrham isaac and jacob ,,,,so some knowlage of the true god must be needed in most then most cases , not saying god hasnt done miraculs conversions , with some from other religones, but as the bible goes he seems to use the gosple as a way of preparing the heart, and the way of conversion ,and that be with repentance and faith

when our brother asked the question

that was why a mentioned we need to define what the un believer is , because there are a few examples of different unbelievers

there milliones of hindus praying for forgivness no thousands of different god ,it blatent idolarty ,and they are not being herd because they have no repentance nor faith towards the living truine god ,,

we know jesus is the ways the truth and the life

and we all know no man of womman can come to the true god but through him ,,, if men could we would not need to evagelise the world in jesus name through his spirit

most men and woman would find there own way to god through the worship of idols and through the prince and the power of the air , which is the spirit the now worketh in these children of disobedence

please dont be offended , i believe the bible and all i iwas doing was provocking thought of the subject question

which i think is a good question

2011/6/24 4:00Profile
gazzer

Re:

hi julius12

i think we acualy get the word comuning ,from the idea or word comunacate,sorry for the bad spelling

and that is what cornilous was actual doing when the angle of the lord apeared to him
praying is comunacating , that was what i ment by communing ,

bless you brother

2011/6/24 4:08Profile
gazzer

Re:

sorry lisa ,,i should not have said cornilous was allready saved

i should have quoted what peter said ,,that all those who fear god and work righeousness ,are aceptable to god ,cornilious was one of those who was accepted by god

it is hard to seprate being exceptable to god and being saved

you might say he was predestined and was elected , and chosen,,, i see those who are predestine by god as allready saved in the eyes of god ,

i beleieve in gods soveren election so idont believe connelious was saved by a prayer ,but by gods word through grace and throuhg the gift of faith ,and that being not of cornilious but being the gift of god

i rember jesus once said to hid deciples ,,your are allready clean by the word i have spoken to you
paul said ,being santified and cleansed by the washing of the water by the word

bless you sis

2011/6/24 4:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy