Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : About Stephen Kaung

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

About Stephen Kaung

Some of us would find it profitable indeed to be able to look through a few biographical notes regarding Stephen Kaung.
Please, anyone…

2003/9/8 14:44Profile
Koinonia2

USA

Re: About Stephen Kaung

I second the request!

Please.... :-)

DanielJ

2003/9/8 14:58Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: About Stephen Kaung

Did a lot of searching and I don't know how much help this will be....As far as biographical info goes I came up empty.

But for it's worth here is a couple that may be of interest to you guys.

www.christiantapeministry.com/
Has some recent info

www.seekersofchrist.org/Misc/Miscpage.htm
Just some excerpts

www.smartpages.com
Lastly, and this is a guess, there does seem to be a corelation with some messages from the above mentioned site if you type in his name here, it
[i]appears[/i] that he is still residing in Virgina in the US, if this is correct that would put him in his 90's....again strictly unofficial

2003/9/9 20:54Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

I understand that Mr. Kaung has translated some of Watchman Nee’s writings. But there are links and connections that are unclear to me.
As he appears on this site, and as some of us like to listen to him I would like to sort out a few things.
He shows up on conferences together with Devern Fromke and Lance Lambert occasionally. I have never asked Lance about these connections when I have met him. I did not know about them and was not aware of what I had under my nose, so to speak.
Still fishing for more info….

2003/9/10 2:55Profile
Koinonia2

USA

Re:

He does indeed still live in Richmond, Virginia. I received a letter from him a few months ago.

Basically, for biograhpical data, I only know bits and pieces.

He was a coworker of Watchman Nee in China. He moved to New York City in the early 1950's. Apparently, there was an assembly there that was related to the ministry of T Austin-Sparks. He ministered there. Eventually, that assembly became associated with the "local church" (Witness Lee) and the address of the old assembly is now occupied by the "Church in New York City."

It also seems that it was at that original location that Stephen Kaung began Christian Fellowship Publishers (CFP) in the 1950's (maybe early 1960's), which later moved to Richmond, Virginia.

Why or when the move occurred, I do not know.

I do know, though, that Stephen Kaung worked very closely with T Austin-Sparks until his death in 1972.

Anybody know anything else?

Much grace!
DanielJ

2003/9/10 4:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Eventually, that assembly became associated with the "local church" (Witness Lee) and the address of the old assembly is now occupied by the "Church in New York City."

Does this mean that the assembly of Stephen Kaung is now officially part of the Witness Lee movement (LSM)? Or are they just associtated with them, like a partnership?

Quote:
Anybody know anything else?

I am getting abit of a better picture but would still appreciate more :-D

2003/9/10 10:46Profile
Koinonia2

USA

Re:

Quote:
Does this mean that the assembly of Stephen Kaung is now officially part of the Witness Lee movement (LSM)? Or are they just associtated with them, like a partnership?

That particular assembly is now one of the "local churches" meeting as the Church in New York City. They are in fellowship with the other "local churches" and use LSM materials. So, yes, they follow the teachings of Witness Lee and LSM, and have no present-day connection with Stephen Kaung.

Stephen Kaung ministers to an assembly in Richmond, Virginia.

It is interesting to note that back in the 1950's, Stephen Kaung published at least one booklet by Witness Lee (I came across and purchased a very old English copy of Witness Lee's
[u]The Kingdom and the Church[/u] published in NYC by Stephen Kaung). So, there was formerly some connection there as well.

EDIT - By the way, Greg, I hope that answers your question?

2003/9/10 11:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Some of us would find it profitable indeed to be able to look through a few biographical notes regarding Stephen Kaung.

I found this material on Stephen Kaung brothers I hope it helps:

Stephen Kaung is a Chinese Chrisitan speaker and writer, and now living in Richmond, Virgina. At an early age was converted to Christianity and was active in the Methodist Church in China, with home his father was a minister. He first met watchman need in the early 1930's and joined Nee's indigenous christian work full-time, working with him until 1949 when he left China and became involved with Christian work in other ares of the Far East.

In 1952 Kaung moved to New York City where he joined a Little Flock assembly composed mainly of Chinese immigrants and returned missionaries. This group desired to put into practice the church-pattern taught by Watchman Nee in China, and wished for Kaung to help them. Several years later, some controversy arose among the group, and they split into two. Followint this, Kaung moved to San Fransico to join another church there.

In 1958 Kaung travelled with Witness Lee to Europe and the middle east en route to Taiwan. However he agreed with Lee's suggestion that he return to New York and went back to the United States.

In 1971, Kaung moved from New York to Washington, D.C. but periodically retured to New York group to speak and hold confernces. However in 1973, when disagreement arose over certain church practices, Kaung broke ties with the Local Church and continued with his own ministry. Throughout the 1960's he worked closely with T. Austin Sparks.

Stephen Kaung's major work has been to translate the writings of Watchman Nee into English, over 50 titles which have been published by his own organisation, Christian Fellowship Publishers (CFP), In Richmond, Virgina.

Heres a link to CFP:
http://www.c-f-p.com/

2004/10/31 22:41Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Stephen Kaung ministers to an assembly in Richmond, Virginia.

Can anybody give me any information on Stephen Kaung and where he ministers in Richmond, Virginia?

2012/4/24 8:06Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Hi Colin,

Stephen lives in North Chesterfield, VA and the church is in Midlothian. These are considered Richmond suburbs so he is always referred to as living in Richmond and the church he is part of is also referred to as the church in Richmond.

Hi wife died in his early 80s and he actually got remarried. A sister told him that she wanted to serve and take care of him so that he could be free to minister. She saw it as an important service to the Lord.

There is a Family Christian Conference each year in Farmville,VA and you will see him there.

http://www.christianfamilyconference.org/

This year the theme is "The King and the Kingdom" and he will be speaking on the "Church and the Kingdom".

This theme will be shared in three parts:
The King of the Kingdom (Dana Congdon)
The Character of the Kingdom (Lance Lambert)
The Church and the Kingdom (Stephen Kaung)

Sunday, July 1 - Friday, July 6, 2012
Longwood University 201 High Street Farmville, VA 23909

He has a very lucid mind, and I was amazed at how he pulls things out of the word without ever referencing his Bible. I am talking about very obscure and seldom used scriptures. During free discussion time brothers ask him all kinds of questions and he has such a deep reservoir of wisdom to draw out of. I was really amazed at that too.

May we all be as healthy at 95 as Brother Stephen is.

Blessings,
Pilgrim

P.S. There are eight videos of brother Kuang at sermonindex.net https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/viewcat.php?cid=14 and twenty-nine videos of brother Kuang at christiantestimonyministry.com
http://christiantestimonyministry.com/browse-page.php?type=video

2012/4/24 9:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy