SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Wow that was negative.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Wow that was negative.

I work in an enviroment that has constant information, all generally bad news being that I work at a 911 dispatch center. We have all sorts of people that work here with different personalities and habits. One of those habits that seems to infect the majority is Gossip I am not writing this to complain because what else would I expect out of those that don't know Christ?

I have decided though to make a major change in hope to see some long term effects, I am going to post the "telecommunicator's Code of Ethics" on our board we have with that title but add "What I dispatch atmosphere ought to be" I work with negativity most of my shift and I would assume the negativity come only from actual emergency rather than "So and So did such and such or did you hear about this and that?"

We have a new girl that enjoys "rumors and gossip" she started to talk to an officer abou a fellow officer in the other room and began talking loudly about his love life, I don't care about that nor does it have anything to do with my job so I got up and closed the door. Why cause more negativity. Well this is what I hope to do and am endeavouring to do tonight on my shift, please pray the message is heard and received.

2011/6/10 2:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Wow that was negative.

May I suggest that you specifically ask the LORD everyday how you can work to combat this mindset. Jesus tells us we are to salt and light. When God answers prays like this, it can get very interesting...you will have some jaw-dropping incidents! :-)

God bless, Matthew!

2011/6/10 10:22Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Wow that was negative.

In addition to what you are going to do you also just need to be that example and sometimes you have verbally express it.
Funny thing, I work in data entry and amongst all ladies. One thing that I notice is that some of them will cuss when they get mad but when they get around me and it comes out they will cover their mouths quickly because somehow they know I don't cuss. My guess is because from my conversations, even in a bad mood or having a very bad day I will not cuss. It is one thing I vowed never to do again when I became a believer. There is so much power in the tongue. You can bless with it or cuss with it.

2011/6/10 14:02Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

So I decided to update a bit and comment on the responses :)

First off thank you for the suggestions and I to make the effort to be an example somedays are harder than others but Christ is my strength.

Since I posted the Code of Ethics and sent everyone the letter I went on my days off to come back to an email from another one of the ladies I work with asking for suggestions on how to make the work place a better work enviroment for everyone. She wanted the suggestions by Sunday and I came back to work Monday but plan on shooting her an email with some helpful suggestions.

My work overall is negative and so I generally will pray Lord keep me sure footed, Discerning, and positive in my work place of Chaos and Negativity. This generall helps as it helps me get my head ready for the enviroment I am entering.

2011/6/15 1:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy