SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Where is the Power?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
The same thing happens in our church. We have a time of Praise Reports on Sunday night. People have to think and look for something. The praise report time usualy ends up beig Prayer Request time.

Yes, this is what i mean. I have found the same thing happens in almost every church, regardless of denom.

Quote:
In short; we are selfish, self absorbed spoiled babies. This is another evidence that God has withdrawn His presence

To a large extent i agree that is true, but not all.
Even the few UNselfish ones don't seem to have much power or praise to report. However, i find that the UNselfish ones are also the ones who are suffering the most; some are going through marital issues or health and financial issues and just don't have anything left to give.

But yea, it sure does seem as though God is completely absent from the churches. Meanwhile, they are following their own agendas, playing their rocknroll music, and so forth.

2011/6/11 23:38

Re:

Quote:
But yea, it sure does seem as though God is completely absent from the churches.

Ichabod- the glory of the Lord hath departed. It is indeed over.

OJ

2011/6/12 0:06

Re:

I still believe that the number 1 problem in the Church is that stupid television. There's so much research done by secular scientists on that mind-control box that it's mind boggling that more have not read up on it.

Neck-in-neck with that is how the religious folks have traded the definition of "The Spirit of Truth" for the "spirit of manifestations only".

Four times, Jesus calls His Spirit "The Spirit of Truth" that would lead us into all truth and be the Comfortor - but anyone who compares the depth of Christian Authors before television and the signs & wonders gang that came along and what we have now, cannot help but see the vast difference, even in just the vocabulary in the writings of the days gone by.

We've pushed "Truth" aside - the very reason Jesus told Pilate that He came to earth for [John 18:37] and went for some excitement on Sunday and TV the rest of the week.

I am pentecostal and believe that anyone walking in the truth could potentially be used in all of the gifts, but not by seeking the gifts but The GOD of Truth.
To the degree that we push His Word aside and compromise in beliefs for the sake of "peace" - to that degree the churches will be away from Him and if there's manifestations at all, they'll be counterfeit.

The Brother Deadn is correct. We're in the Apostasy from Truth and seeking Him for His Truth is not even on the list of important venues for the majority anymore.

And back to TV. I haven't watched one at home for more years than I can remember - but now that I'm living near my Dad, he has it on. Watching just FOX news is nauseating, in more ways than I can type out. What a subtle mind-control, social engineering, de-sensitizing, subtley demoralizing, opinion-shaping vehicle of deception that trash is.
I see the downward spiral since the days I did watch TV and can see how they've done it so gradually, that the regular viewers don't see that they've been brought down to except immorality that the Apostles would take a sledge hammer to.

How can people praise a GOD they've never personally encounterd?
How can they praise GOD when the riches of this world are forever in their minds as the norm, because of TV and how they spend their other free time?
How can anyone praise GOD when "The Spirit of Truth" is not where their "annoiting" is coming from? When many of today's preachers are saying, "Let's lay doctrine aside."
That word "doctrine(s)" only means "Teachings" and Jesus used that word 55 times in our Bibles. HE 'wrote' that Book. His "teachings" are about HIM - yet we hear - "Let's put all of these different doctrines/teachings aside." What a slap in the Face of the One Who Died for the Truth and sent His Spirit to testify to His Truth or Teachings.

How is the Holy Spirit of Truth suppose to Bless those who wait on a Holy Spirit of signs only?

When we leave His "Teachings", we've left HIM because He 'is' His Word and magnifies His Word above His Name.

2011/6/12 0:22

Re:

I'm sorry, I just have to say that this generation doesn't Know Him and I pray it doesn't take starvation or a detention camp to get us to seek Him with all of our hearts. Amen

2011/6/12 0:29
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
He 'is' His Word and magnifies His Word above His Name.

Amen to that, Sister.

Quote:
I pray it doesn't take starvation or a detention camp to get us to seek Him with all of our hearts.

Remember, Lazarus. Even if one came back from the dead. . .

I believe starvation and detention camps might awaken a few but the majority would curse God and cry for Egypt. That is what it says in Revelations. Horrible things happen and still they will not repent but will curse God.

I pray for the Saints,
white stone

2011/6/12 1:29Profile

Re:

When hunger is gone from a person, death is in view.

When we still hunger for His Word, there is Life.

His Word is Life. Both He and His Word is called the Bread of Life and the Word of Life.

His Spirit was sent to lead us into all truth and doesn't go beyond what is written.

I pray that we pray one for another - that nothing will rob us of our hunger for The Word of GOD, both Himself and His Word. That both will become manifest to us, so that nothing can tear down our belief in Him as GOD Immanuel and the strength that we receive from His Word and our time in His Presence, causes us to never recant or deny Him or the Truth in His Word.

There's an article out there entitled "The mind has no firewalls". I'd have to disagree with that premise, on the grounds that when The Spirit of Creator GOD indwells a human being and the mind has fed on His Word, HE 'is' our Firewall - come what may. :)

"Glory, Glory Alleluia, His Truth is Marching On!"

2011/6/12 1:58

Re:

JIG

Quote:
What a subtle mind-control, social engineering, de-sensitizing, subtley demoralizing, opinion-shaping vehicle of deception that trash is.
I see the downward spiral since the days I did watch TV and can see how they've done it so gradually, that the regular viewers don't see that they've been brought down to except immorality that the Apostles would take a sledge hammer to.

I have to say a big amen there! TV is ENTIRELY a mind control tool, hatched from the depths of hell. It is uni-directional, you cannot respond to it, all you can do is take in what it is feeding you. Been 10 years without one, and it was bad enough 10 years ago, but when I see what is on now I just cringe.

OJ

2011/6/12 11:14
jimp

Re: Where is the Power?

hi, power comes only when action calls for it ... moses , what is in your hand...stretch forth that rod...or elisha saying where is the God of elijah.a group of bible school students where i live just got back from a mission trip to honduras and the volume of the buzz of excitement on their lips as they told story after story of what happened and that it was like they were in the book of acts.demons came out of people,healings ,over 100 saved etc... they will not be writing about how dead the church is. tuesday i pick up a student that went to india to minister for a month on his own... he has been mightily used.many years ago 2 friends drove from california to new orleans and led over 100 to the Lord on the way stopping at every gas station to help others and to witness...leo humphrey and arthur blessed...i have seen many miracles in my life as i obeyed that still small voice that promps me into action.jimp

2011/6/12 12:27Profile

Re:

".. they will not be writing about how dead the church is."

Then why are we here - praying for "revival" of the church?

Let's quit praying for revival then and just get into action - right?

In 35 yrs of tracking missions, youth groups and missionaries since Bible College - let's hear how those who have ever went on a missions trip are doing 5 yrs later.

How many "Moses, Elishas, Elijahs" are there in the church now?

How many Arthur Blesseds?

Sure, signs and wonders will aways be out there - some legit and some counterfeit - but the Church as a whole - how are we doing?

What gave these Biblical men of GOD "Power" on a daily basis was their adherence to The Word of GOD in Truth.
If it's not in Spirit and in Truth, it's counterfeits -- the one thing we've been warned of the most by Jesus and his Apostles for these last days.

How can GOD Bless heresy or a disregard for His Word, when He exalts His Word above His very Name?

We should be walking-talking Bibles, read of all men, Daily and there's no excuse Not to be.
Only The WORD of Life gives that Genuine, lasting "Life" of Christ Himself - and signs and wonders are Not a test for the Genuine - and that's in His Word!

2011/6/12 14:14
jimp

Re:

hi, jig you are not giving enough credit to the Head of the church. your negativity defies the moves that are going on around the globe of real revival and do not promote faith in God to do much of anything. i am more excited about the church now than at anytime in the 48 years i have been seving the Lord. GO into the world...millions of people are being reached with the true gospel ofJesus and are becoming disciples of the Lord.in my city the churches have never been more united to bring revival and we see great strides.let the revival start in us and let us carry it to those around us,praying God will show up on the scene and redeem those He shed His blood for...len ravenhill used to tell me about people that knew the word of God but did not know the great and mercyful God of the word.jimp

2011/6/12 16:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy